test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any news on the Galaxy X Saucer Sep? Maybe even Fleetversion?

2»

Comments

• Options
    frostyslyfrostysly Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same here!!!

*** U.S.S. Bad Girl's Dream * NX-91101 * Galaxy class Dreadnought Cruiser ***
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,847 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Would be nice if they would just enable it already...or once again is it all about money? I mean come on cryptic, are you not gonna enable it until you can successfully sell the galaxy pack you wanted to?
  • Options
    ericshatnerericshatner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't think that saucer seperation is necessarily the way to go, but the Galaxy X really does need an upgrade. I'd think an extra Tac Console and possible increasing it's turn rate dramatically when cloaked or something could could do the trick.

These would be relatively straightforward changes, and you could just let those that have the Galaxy X already reclaim the ship and those of us who don't have it yet could fork out the 2500 Zen.

Seems the fairest way to do it to me.

Bad precedent perhaps? When the level cap eventually increases all of our current ships are going to be obsolete anyway and probably require some form of Zstore upgrade. Something to think about.
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Bad precedent perhaps? When the level cap eventually increases all of our current ships are going to be obsolete anyway and probably require some form of Zstore upgrade. Something to think about.

Why would a level cap increase render the current crop of ships obsolete? A better question might be why should it. It doesn't have to and I doubt it will, or perhaps I hope it won't. Besides which, you can look at the Fleet ships as the provisional Tier 6, albeit they're not tied to your level but rather the starbase's level (and of course, whether or not you're in a fleet at all).
  • Options
    ericshatnerericshatner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    One would presume that when a level cap increase eventually arrives, that part of the objective, like it is in every other MMO, will be to reset the endgame. Normally this would not be an issue, but for store bought ships it will introduce an element of philosophical dilemma.

LOTRO just went through a level cap increase rendering all older gear obsolete and creating a whole lot of new content to attain new gear and crafted items etc. Ideally this is what will happen with STO at some point. A new expansion will be released, possibly costing 5000 Zen+, which will feature content designed to keep you busy for about 50hrs of gameplay and level you 10 levels into a new endgame. (I know that this will represent a paradigm shift away from what STO currently gives us as content, but I for one would welcome a break from the grind as we head to a new endgame at some point)
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ...so no official reply on this topic yet?
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Welp, we got the fleet Excelsior, and the fleet Sovy today, but no Gal-X. :(
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    :(... so whithin season 7 they said? last i read on saucer sep was "it's in the pipe" and "graphical issues has to be solved". been a while now...
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    wast33 wrote: »
    :(... so whithin season 7 they said? last i read on saucer sep was "it's in the pipe" and "graphical issues has to be solved". been a while now...

I don't even care about the Saucer Sep anymore! Just give me the dang fleet version damnabits!!!
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If there is going to be a Fleet Version, it would have to be more than just a small change in stats and an extra console to make it really viable.

For instance, the Phaser Lance with the G-X is not viable when compared to the Destroyer's Phaser / Disrupter Lotus.

Plus, her hull and shields would have to be far more signficant than even the Odyssey's to make it a viable tanking Cruiser with that slow turn rate.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I don't even care about the Saucer Sep anymore! Just give me the dang fleet version damnabits!!!

so that pipe is smoked for you? :D

If there is going to be a Fleet Version, it would have to be more than just a small change in stats and an extra console to make it really viable.

For instance, the Phaser Lance with the G-X is not viable when compared to the Destroyer's Phaser / Disrupter Lotus.

Plus, her hull and shields would have to be far more signficant than even the Odyssey's to make it a viable tanking Cruiser with that slow turn rate.

for me saucer sep and new boff layout would be "enough" ;). fast turning to get some sense out of dhc's and the boff-abilities to use them. but i guess your changes are more likely gonna happen :(. if there'll be a fleet version at least that 10th console slot should be tac!
  • Options
    ozy83ozy83 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Please give us a fleet Galaxy-X devs, please! :(

You've given the love to the Galaxy, Nebula and even Excelsior, least you could do now is give this beast some attention!

Another Tac console would be extremely beneficial.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Watch:
    Delta Rising: Warning
    Anniversary Event: Severe
    Iconian Season: Critical
  • Options
    lordlegionxlordlegionx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The Galaxy X needs to be updated... however they do it they should realize as of right now there is no point to buy a Galaxy X unless your a fan. The Odyssey class alone is just a better ship in terms of stats. Even with the cloak and spinal lance the other ships (z-store and fleet) are better... why would you want to loose money... your already making anyone with a galaxy x have to pay just to change the way it looks (venture). The only reason I have mine is because I'm a fan... otherwise I would have bought something else. So... don't make people buy more of the same thing just so there ship can be the same not better just the same level as ALL the other VA ships.