test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher Issues(CONTINUE)

I am growing very impatient with the lack of concern on this issue that I and a few other people have brought up before and that is the Launcher, it works sometimes then it doesn't.

I got on at about 10am (East Coast American Time) the launcher worked perfectly, got off a few times, but I essentially have had no issues getting on and off the game launcher causing no issues. Then about 1:20pm (East Coast American Time) I was disconnected from the server, I tried to get back on and it wouldn't load up. Now about 10 minutes later it's finally allowing me to log in again. FIX this issue it's become an unacceptable, and constant AGGREVATION.
Post edited by belldandy01 on

Comments

• Options
    moomins1764xmoomins1764x Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not sure if we got same problem - but launcher is ok for me (i think) it gets to the loading screen - the one after the Cryptic Studios loading screen - were it says Loading at bottom then just seems to freeze and doesn't load. i know my PC can play this game as i have been online a few times with no problems but now yeah it just gets stuck? Anyone can help please would be much appreciated.
  • Options
    scjeanlucpicardscjeanlucpicard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have similar problems, if i do not run the launcher via proxy (as chosen in the options menu) the launcher wont ever finish connecting, until timed out. When the game starts, it has on occasions frozen on the cryptic logo, but mostly in wont connect to the account server, and then time out, on two occasions have i made it to the character selection menu, but from there it cant connect to the game server. I am getting tired of these issues, when i actually could play, about two days ago, i was constantly bothered with "server not responding" or connection lost, and i have high speed broadband so there is absolutely no issue with the connection. I am staggered by Cryptic's inability to address these issues.

It's not only connection problems, i am experiencing the same bugs in the Cardassian Struggles episodes like Second Wave and Boldly they Rode, that i'v encountered a year ago. With the amount of money Cryptic makes on their games you would thing they'd be actually willing to fix them. I am seriously concerned.
  • Options
    moomins1764xmoomins1764x Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    fixed my problem i think - clicked options on the launcher and selected safe mode and worked 1st time, not sure if it help for yours
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Did not work for me, the only way i can get past the cryptic logo without freezing the game is if i run it with the proxy option. I just re-installed the game, but the same problems are there.
  • Options
    belldandy01belldandy01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would like to note today, the Launcher issue didn't get any better if anything it's gotten worse. I've been on my computer since 10am(East Coast American Time) it's 1:36pm(Same Time Zone) and I've multiple times attempted to get on and the Launcher refuses to Launch. It has been about 4 hours since I got on my PC and been unable to get on STO this is making me very angry. I will try to get on when I get home from work at 11pm(East Coast American time).

I HOPE that this ISSUE will be Resolved :mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    So after a third Re-install, and running with proxy (EU) on, the game loaded up, started, and was playable. Also stopped most of the "lost connection to server" messages during certain loading screens, as when loading a STF mission etc. That's the only advice i could give to the rest of you, and if it does not work, just keep pushing on with e-mails to Cryptic, maybe if you'r lucky they'l respond, but i cant say iv experienced that Ever with Cryptic.
  • Options
    culatoriculatori Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Out of interest, can you guys try running a tracert to the Cryptic servers at 208.95.185.44 and post the results?
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same story for me every time: I get to the starfleet logo loading screen, CRASH to desktop, then the Oops! error box pops up. I've tried reinstalling the game, verifying the files, safe mode, and I'm wondering what exactly proxy does. Are there any downsides to it? I'm really not familiar with a lot of this slightly more complicated computer stuff.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    voporak wrote: »
    Same story for me every time: I get to the starfleet logo loading screen, CRASH to desktop, then the Oops! error box pops up. I've tried reinstalling the game, verifying the files, safe mode, and I'm wondering what exactly proxy does. Are there any downsides to it? I'm really not familiar with a lot of this slightly more complicated computer stuff.

Not quite familiar with the proxy thing, but i think it makes the client think you are from another region, no downsides what so ever, as far as i have experienced. only upsides, no more connection timeout/loss. Generally more stability.
  • Options
    andoriansrusandoriansrus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I honestly think that someone missed something and or they forgot to feed the hampsters

that being said I have tried ALL of the suggestions here and had no luck with any of them.... my biggest problem is that I can usually play fine for a couple of hours but you let 6pm central time hit and its like all of a sudden the servers go stupid and I cant play for the rest of the night
    Major Xi'Zzin
    I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
    Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
    I have never trusted humans, and I never will
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Well Well Well, it seems almost 12 hours after I last tried to log on at 1:36pm(East Coast Time), and what do you know I STILL can't get on, I am ticked off beyond all reason. I use this game as a way to escape the real world for a little while before and after work and because you at Cryptic/Perfect World refuse to even look at this issue effecting quite a number of your players you ignore it, do you not give a flying rats behind about your Customers, the only game right now that I see with more Customer Service Issues then you is BSGO(and I'm pretty sure if that game is not dead it's pretty close to being dead.) The rate your going STO much like BSGO will be dead to me.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Well... it worked for one day, not i cant get in.
  • Options
    tentaclepentacletentaclepentacle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ok i logged in to post a solution for you.
    When you have the patch server error, trying to go to www.startrekonline.com

If you can not get to that website, then you have the same issues I had.
    This is due to some how perfect world or cryptic or who ever that runs the servers blocks a region of ip.

Short answers the server firewall is blocking your ip.

Now here is the solution on how to fix this.

For those technically minded. You can use a VPN to play the game.

For those not into computers here is a step by step solution.

1. goto www.hotspotshield.com
    2. download their vpn client, and install it.
    3. run the vpn and connect to the launcher that way
    4. once you are logged in and on the character selection screen. hit escape and log out of the game but leave the game client running.
    5. alt tab out of the game client and turn off the vpn (this is because the vpn is free and its slow, you want your own connection when play the game)
    6. go back to the game client and re-log into the game and play.
  • Options
    dracravendracraven Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My launcher will never connect, and come back saying invalid username/password.

I can log in the the STO website but can't get past the launcher.
  • Options
    macfellymacfelly Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=351

Go there even though this is a tech support forum they don't even bother looking here
    Apparently not loyal enough :|
  • Options
    andromedarebelandromedarebel Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i cant load the STO launcher, it says 'trying to update the launcher, please be patient, tried connecting 2 times. then it says "unable to establish connection to Patch Server. please check your internet connection. if problems persist, please contact technical support", but my internets working fine, and its doing it to my friend too, what do i do? the launcher just wont work...
    Xavier Corvin: Human/Vulcan Medical Doctor
    Fleet: Military Assault Command Operations Academy
    \\//_ <(-_-)> _\\//
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    So Cryptic/Perfect World doesn't care about me as a customer I'd say I'm suprised but as of late that has changed. I get less then a day's worth of game play and the server disconnects me, and now I can't get onto the Launcher again. I am through with your games(and I don't mean STO) if what a previous reply to my original post is correct and your servers are randomly blocking IP regions this disappoints me, I am sorely tempted to abandon a game that I really enjoy because of our lack of care in customer service and ensuring constant connectivity to your game(and it's not my internet connection cause it's very stable).
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    It seems it may just be the server is private for the dev's, maybe after the update the launcher will work again? We'll see.
    \\//_ <(-_-)> _\\//
  • Options
    c0mixfanc0mixfan Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It seems it may just be the server is private for the dev's, maybe after the update the launcher will work again? We'll see.

The update's still hours away though, isn't it?
    Please play, rate, & review my very first Foundry Quest!

The X Factor Campaign NWS-DCO7OKB6F

Quest #1: The Morning After NW-D13LX4M93

Quest #2 Coming Soon!

Just for fun - Night of the Werebeast! NW-DT5EIZKZZ
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    That wasn't it, its STILL been doing it alllll day today. I even re-ran the setup, and copied the 'Live' folder so as not to have to re-patch EVERYTHING, and it STILL FREAKING DOES THIS AND I CANNOT PLAY THE FRAGGIN' GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    \\//_ <(-_-)> _\\//
  • Options
    seekerkorhilseekerkorhil Member Posts: 472
    edited November 2012
    i cant load the STO launcher, it says 'trying to update the launcher, please be patient, tried connecting 2 times. then it says "unable to establish connection to Patch Server. please check your internet connection. if problems persist, please contact technical support", but my internets working fine, and its doing it to my friend too, what do i do? the launcher just wont work...

This. Its exactly what is happening to me.
  • Options
    white117wolfwhite117wolf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This has been happening to me as well, i tried everything, i even downloaded the damn game /AGAIN/ and i still get it D:, Someone please help
  • Options
    originalfrans83originalfrans83 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Same thing here. :rolleyes: This is my surprised face.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    EVERYONE WITH THIS PROBLEM PLEASE READ THIS POST:

Don't worry about getting new launchers, re-downloading the game, re-installing, just wait, I've been told by a 4 year veteran of the game this usually always happens when a new season is released.

As its Thanksgiving weekend, we're all screwed till atleast monday, but lets just wait it out and see what happens then, but till then I'm sure nothing will work, and your risking messing up your files, so please wait :P

Yes, this SUCKS and I hate it too...but theres not much we can do. Im in the central United States near St. Louis, and I have the same problem, so don't worry no one in your region was banned, its global, to random people it appears lol
    \\//_ <(-_-)> _\\//
  • Options
    snipe048snipe048 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Exact same here, I'm a freaking LTS why do I have to put up with this BullSh*t.

Founder and Current CO of Gamma Strike Force

Player since December 2009
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    snipe048 wrote: »
    Exact same here, I'm a freaking LTS why do I have to put up with this BullSh*t.

Because launcher issues are equal opportunity. It doesn't matter if you're an LTS or a F2P, they affect equally.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • Options
    starblade7starblade7 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for the tip about connecting with the proxy enabled. That helped me - I was getting repeatedly disconnected after a few minutes of being logged in, and now things seem to be fine.
    Forget the possibility of PvP, for so much has become pay-to-win, never to be balanced. Forget the promise of exploration and research, for in the grim dark future of Star Trek Online there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting publishers.
  • Options
    snipe048snipe048 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This garbage has been going on for over a week and still no Dev comments? This is BullShatner.

Founder and Current CO of Gamma Strike Force

Player since December 2009
  • Options
    sarge4idsarge4id Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have a new problem, well not so new actually, its been happening for weeks now. Ever since I reformatted my PC and reinstalled and patched the game, when the game crashes as often as it does for some of the rest of you, The launcher makes me repatch about 3gb of data before it will let me play again. If i interrupt the patching process, it wants me to patch twice what it was patching the first time.

It's like some data gets curropted everytime my game crashes and has to be replaced. It gets very annoying having to waid 30 mins to 2 hours for the launcher to repatch what I already have. I've tried to run the force verify but it never does anything. The only thing that seems to work is to just let it patch.

After it patches, it gets to the loading screen and crashes like for a lot of you. Then I have to start the process over again. It always go through on the third attempt though. Anyone know what I can do to remedy this repatching?
    "Being a troll myself, I classify this malcontent as a Type-2 Oblivious Troll. My reasons for coming to this conclusion are: The annoying colored text he deploys, the contradictory threads he creates, the excessive whining and foot stamping, the amusement factor of his threads, and the apparent lack of realization that he is in fact a troll, like me, and is not the heart broken, victimized, player, he sees himself as."
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I have tried at least 4 to 8 times within the course of 30 minutes to gain access to the Launcher. But each time it tries 2 times and gives me this message "Unable to establish connection to Patch Sever. Please check your internet connection. If problem persists please contact Technical Support."
    1. My internet connection is quite stable most of the time it is.
    2. I've had no issues with the launcher since about Thursday or Friday, and it only cropped up again today about 11:30am (East Coast Standard Time).