test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (November 21, 2012)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited November 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Wednesday, November 21st, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    20 hours for teir 1 projects is still far to long tbh , 10 hours is more like it tbh for teir 1
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    usscapital wrote: »
    20 hours for teir 1 projects is still far to long tbh , 10 hours is more like it tbh for teir 1

Don't be Greedy...

Be thankful They even gave us this much. (for now)

It could have gone the other way.

Perhaps after They get Their "numbers data" on Monday, there will be reason for a bit more 'tweeking'.

I can't see very many folks coming back that have left recently, till word gets out that Cryptic is willing to 'adjust' to satisfy the player base. That could take a week or two.

(Though I would agree with that notion, if less hours were applied to the Consumable & Store projects.)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    edited November 2012
    how is it being geedy ? same amount of time for a teir 2 project compaired to a teir 1 , would not 10 or 12 hours be a better choice for teir 1 and 20-24 for teir 2 and so forth ? .

be greatful are you joking or taking the urine ? , they are giving us very little and tbh this is not asking for the earth
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • outerdemonouterdemon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I posted this in the tribble section, but I got no response. So I'll repost it here.

I just transferred my toon to tribble. The patch cancelled all my running projects and reset me back to 0 rep with both groups. I should be at 11,200 rep with both factions. It did still give me my tier 1 passives though. I hope you don't push this live, as it is.

My brother plays the game and the same thing happened to him. You are gonna make a ton of people mad when this goes live.
    If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan properly
    3g601665550.gif
    edited November 2012
    outerdemon wrote: »
    I posted this in the tribble section, but I got no response. So I'll repost it here.

I just transferred my toon to tribble. The patch cancelled all my running projects and reset me back to 0 rep with both groups. I should be at 11,200 rep with both factions. It did still give me my tier 1 passives though. I hope you don't push this live, as it is.

My brother plays the game and the same thing happened to him. You are gonna make a ton of people mad when this goes live.

when has this ever stopped cryptic ? :D
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
    edited November 2012

It's probably the same type of purposeful glitch that doesn't let you transfer your Fleet over to Tribble.

They probably set it up that way to keep people from jumping to higher Tiers somehow.

It's likely that something like that wouldn't become apparent on Holodeck because we don't "transfer" our characters back, from Tribble.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cryptic never learns... And our requests for a change in QA department goes unheard, seeing as they keep pushing these buggy patches to Holodeck.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • bi0f0dd3rbi0f0dd3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    How long till we can receive word on a fix for Tachyon Harmonic? another week? a month? a ballpark estimate would be nice. Thnx.
    edited November 2012
    how is it being geedy ? same amount of time for a teir 2 project compaired to a teir 1 , would not 10 or 12 hours be a better choice for teir 1 and 20-24 for teir 2 and so forth ? .

be grateful are you joking or taking the urine ? , they are giving us very little and tbh this is not asking for the earth

That's rather disgusting... even I wouldn't use a human waste metaphor like that one.
    (and I've been known to step over the line on many an occasion)

I agree that it should have been set up in a more 'step-like' process...

But we got what we got...

Apparently the amount of whining and moaning here in the forums (and probably the large numbers of folks who just stopped playing the game over the last few days), was sufficient to get Them to reconsider...

If further actions taken by the player-base are not to Cryptic's liking, there will probably be further 'adjustments' made.

But I still believe that a bit of gratitude can't hurt.
    edited November 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    That's rather disgusting... even I wouldn't use a human waste metaphor like that one.
    (and I've been known to step over the line on many an occasion)

I agree that it should have been set up in a more 'step-like' process...

But we got what we got...

Apparently the amount of whining and moaning here in the forums (and probably the large numbers of folks who just stopped playing the game over the last few days), was sufficient to get Them to reconsider...

If further actions taken by the player-base are not to Cryptic's liking, there will probably be further 'adjustments' made.

But I still believe that a bit of gratitude can't hurt.

although i have done a lot of moaning about some of the new stuff i agree in part :rolleyes:;)
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for the fix to the kick you out after 10s, and the cutting down from 40 hours to 20 These changes are something I can live with.
  • captmike82captmike82 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ok i would like to know if they will ever drop the count down timers for rep projects down a bit cuase this 1 day 16 hrs count down is bit much i think thats why people complain cuase the timers are to long
  • gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    captmike82 wrote: »
    ok i would like to know if they will ever drop the count down timers for rep projects down a bit cuase this 1 day 16 hrs count down is bit much i think thats why people complain cuase the timers are to long

they reduced it to 20 hours.
  • ramos40kramos40k Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    "The daily fleet action missions now grant 50 Fleet Marks instead of Dilithium."

This means Big Dig, Gorn minefield and the others??
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ramos40k wrote: »
    "The daily fleet action missions now grant 50 Fleet Marks instead of Dilithium."

This means Big Dig, Gorn minefield and the others??

It's the daily attached to the missions. I didn't actually know about them :(

The regular completion reward for beating it (dilithium + random item) is still given.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • kajofolfkajofolf Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What about the amount of Omega Marks needed for the sets?

250 Marks for Ground Set and 450 for the Borg Set. For one lousy MKX part.
    Add the Dilithium Cost to that and you see how much of a rip-off this is.

I don't want to know, what MKXI and MKXII will cost us. Maybe our souls?
    This patch is a joke...
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I will be hated for this... but were not mark X items 20 borg chips?

You got 2 chips every elite mission. Now you get 60 marks per elite mission.

So... 250 marks requires 5 runs of elite.

That is half of what was required before.

But the Borg set is more expensive. That took only 5 chips to get. which were 2 elites and 1 normal stf.

But now 450... that's around 8 elite runs.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So FA dailies, are now granting FM, but PvP dailies aren't. We (STO pvp'ers) have only been asking for this for an entire Season. Great move guys!
  • dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    how is it being geedy ? same amount of time for a teir 2 project compaired to a teir 1 , would not 10 or 12 hours be a better choice for teir 1 and 20-24 for teir 2 and so forth ?
    Oh, great idea. T3 to take 40 hours, T4 80 hours, and T5 160 hours?

No thanks :rolleyes:
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012

I think 20 hours is actually pretty good. A flat rate of 20 hours means you can get two projects done in a day, so much better than the 40 hours.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • kajofolfkajofolf Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tpalelena wrote: »
    I will be hated for this... but were not mark X items 20 borg chips?

You got 2 chips every elite mission. Now you get 60 marks per elite mission.

So... 250 marks requires 5 runs of elite.

That is half of what was required before.

But the Borg set is more expensive. That took only 5 chips to get. which were 2 elites and 1 normal stf.

But now 450... that's around 8 elite runs.
    Yes, for the normal sets that may be right. But the Borg set gets ridiculously expensive. Don't forget, the Borg set you got with the old system was a MKXI, not a MKX. We don't even know the prices for that one, yet.
  • persephone51313persephone51313 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kajofolf wrote: »
    Yes, for the normal sets that may be right. But the Borg set gets ridiculously expensive. Don't forget, the Borg set you got with the old system was a MKXI, not a MKX. We don't even know the prices for that one, yet.

Not to mention that we used to be able to acquire said items as soon as you could start doing STFs at level 44, now it is all locked away until you are level 50...I mean, what's the point? From 44 to 50 I could use the MK X gear, could especially use the borg engine which was the first thing I bought before these changes, made cruising around the galaxy so much nicer.
  • arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2012

You're kidding right,Dude? I guess you cant make everyone happy:rolleyes:
    I for one am more than happy with the changes that are comming :)& keep up the great job Cryptic team
    THANK for Listening to the players & thanks to all the players that spoke up &pushed to make the game more enjoyable;)
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    arkyboy wrote: »
    THANK for Listening to the players & thanks to all the players that spoke up &pushed to make the game more enjoyable;)

It is getting pretty silly listening to all the forumites patting themselves on the back for forcing Cryptic into making these changes - If I was Mr Stahl I would not have paid much attention to all the hate and ranting on the boards. Considering that he has said many many times he is adjusting things based on the data - it's pretty clear that numbers took a nose dive as the days went by and they had to do something drastic.

The only thing that tells me he was reading anything on the forums is him telling some of you people to "learn some manners"

Good call there Mr Stahl.
  • arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It is getting pretty silly listening to all the forumites patting themselves on the back for forcing Cryptic into making these changes - If I was Mr Stahl I would not have paid much attention to all the hate and ranting on the boards. Considering that he has said many many times he is adjusting things based on the data - it's pretty clear that numbers took a nose dive as the days went by and they had to do something drastic.

The only thing that tells me he was reading anything on the forums is him telling some of you people to "learn some manners"

I was not refering to those "Ranting &/or spweing HATE" :P I was refering to the players that gave a fair assesment that they would not be playing unless changes were made THEN followed through on it.
    ;)& yes some people need to "learn some manners" that post on the forums:cool:
    Maybe next time READ someones whole comment instead of just picking a little pertion of it to make you obvious trolling comment!:P
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • l0cutus359l0cutus359 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

"let them eat cake............"
    Locutus

Delirium Tremens
    Tier 4 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy
    http://dtfleet.com/
  • mvaiksmvaiks Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I still don't understand why a project that gives you 800 reputation takes the same amount of time that one that gives you 2000.:confused:

If a T1 project takes 20hs to give you 2000 reputation points, the other project should take only 8 hrs to complete.
    --- My sig begins here ---
    Member since Jan 24th 2010 (more or less)
    Career Officer
  • redrickyredricky Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No mention of a correction to Inertial Dampers? Is this because you can't get the free respec ready in time for this patch so it's in the next one?

Surely you're not going to just fix the description without putting it in the patch notes.
    edited November 2012

Oh Cryptic you so snide :D

"What?! They think the rep grind takes way too long? FINE, we'll reduce it. But... let's sneakily reset everyone's rep to zero so they have to regrind what they already 'earned'! That'll teach 'em."
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nibtishnibtish Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm wondering why the time slot for maintenance is ALWAYS 15:00-17:00.

I can only log on due to other commitment then and it's always affecting me, can it not be varied slightly, even by an hour or two?
This discussion has been closed.