test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (November 21, 2012)

2»

Comments

• saudaggelsaudaggel Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    outerdemon wrote: »
    I just transferred my toon to tribble. The patch cancelled all my running projects and reset me back to 0 rep with both groups. I should be at 11,200 rep with both factions. It did still give me my tier 1 passives though. I hope you don't push this live, as it is.

Same her, BUT the character that i used for testing on tribble still has the progress it had before, so probably only a problem with copying:P
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It is getting pretty silly listening to all the forumites patting themselves on the back for forcing Cryptic into making these changes - If I was Mr Stahl I would not have paid much attention to all the hate and ranting on the boards. Considering that he has said many many times he is adjusting things based on the data - it's pretty clear that numbers took a nose dive as the days went by and they had to do something drastic.

The only thing that tells me he was reading anything on the forums is him telling some of you people to "learn some manners"

Good call there Mr Stahl.

I'm sorry, but drivel like this really makes me angry.

If Cryptic had taken the time to study the 'data' on my playing habits post-Season 7 all they'd have seen is that I've logged on a lot less, done probably 5% of the STFs I used to and that I've been spending most of my in-game time grinding Contraband on my KDF characters.

What can you gather from that? I no longer find the STFs as rewarding, I no longer find the game as compelling and acquiring Dilithium has obviously become a concern.

Metrics alone aren't enough to resolve the problem - it's only part of the picture and in order to see the complete picture you have to engage with your customers.

Yes, some people have been very angry and very vocal about their dissatisfaction - and honestly, I can't blame them for that at all. Cryptic has shown nothing but contempt for its customers with Season 7 and the player base responded in kind.

If I'd ever screwed up as badly in my job as Stahl did with this, I wouldn't expect to be in that job any longer. But as unimpressed as I've been with Cryptic, I can at least understand their motives.

The people I don't understand are the ones that willingly sit there and do nothing whilst they're being taken for a ride (and then have the gall to criticise those that do place value on their time and their money).

I applaud the changes that are being made - they don't go far enough in some ways (and strangely overcompensate in others) but at least they've shown they're willing to meet us part-way.
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm sorry, but drivel like this really makes me angry.

If Cryptic had taken the time to study the 'data' on my playing habits post-Season 7 all they'd have seen is that I've logged on a lot less, done probably 5% of the STFs I used to and that I've been spending most of my in-game time grinding Contraband on my KDF characters.

What can you gather from that? I no longer find the STFs as rewarding, I no longer find the game as compelling and acquiring Dilithium has obviously become a concern.

Metrics alone aren't enough to resolve the problem - it's only part of the picture and in order to see the complete picture you have to engage with your customers.

Yes, some people have been very angry and very vocal about their dissatisfaction - and honestly, I can't blame them for that at all. Cryptic has shown nothing but contempt for its customers with Season 7 and the player base responded in kind.

If I'd ever screwed up as badly in my job as Stahl did with this, I wouldn't expect to be in that job any longer. But as unimpressed as I've been with Cryptic, I can at least understand their motives.

The people I don't understand are the ones that willingly sit there and do nothing whilst they're being taken for a ride (and then have the gall to criticise those that do place value on their time and their money).

I applaud the changes that are being made - they don't go far enough in some ways (and strangely overcompensate in others) but at least they've shown they're willing to meet us part-way.

QFT x 9000.:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    nibtish wrote: »
    I'm wondering why the time slot for maintenance is ALWAYS 15:00-17:00.

I can only log on due to other commitment then and it's always affecting me, can it not be varied slightly, even by an hour or two?

The answer to that question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • kjaneway11kjaneway11 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Dang. I was looking forward to spending part of the morning playing.......... I was going to do a PVE event. Only need 600 skill points to move onto the next grade, and those Gorn Minefield events are pretty good for getting skill points....((( Well, in my time its suppost to be over at 9 but its 10 right now, so I guess I'll have to keep waiting. Dang. And I'm starting to play the new Romulon missions, so that's pretty cool. :) I am addicted to this game!!!
  • kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Did you move scheduled maintenance's to wendsday's?

Or can we expect another maintenance tommorow? (normal day for scheduled maintenance)
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
  • ravenofborgravenofborg Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Tomorrow is a holiday. The schedule will go back to normal next week, I suspect.
  • torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Patch is online, preloading now...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • resistance9resistance9 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would just like to say thank you for removing yet another 1440 dilithium reward. It is most excellent that you guys have removed VA B'Tran , now the daily fleet action, ruined stf and lets not forget the increased cost. This seems to me as a pathetic attempt to make it take forever to progress or maintain 8,000 a day. Oh and the gods merely laugh at those of us who play more than one toon, trying to progress 1 is stupidly hard now. Let see considering stf is the ONLY EFFECTIVE means of gaining the 8,000 a day this means that anyone with 1 or more toons is subject to a min of 8 stf a day..every day...so people with 4 toons to hit the refine cap takes oh 13 hours..... Great work guys way to keep the consumers happy. Glad to see 300 cancelled accounts and 1,000 deletted accounts showed you guys absolutly nothing at all. Yet you semed surprised when people quit the game or refuse to spend money on a sinking ship. You cannot get more blood from the stones you have so heres a hint...GET MORE STONES. So how do you entice new customers? how do you increase sales and climb the charts to game of the year? It is actually quite simply . LISTEN TO YOU CONSUMERS. we dont want to spend 14 hours a day just to get 8k and never be able to enjoy the rest of the game. we want to come in do a couple dailies hit our refine in a hour or less and go play the game. Once you have created a situation where logging in feels like going to a job...people quit playing....really how STUPID are you guys seriously do they pay you or is it a bunch of trained chimps you guys got running things?
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would just like to say thank you for removing yet another 1440 dilithium reward. It is most excellent that you guys have removed VA B'Tran , now the daily fleet action, ruined stf and lets not forget the increased cost. This seems to me as a pathetic attempt to make it take forever to progress or maintain 8,000 a day. Oh and the gods merely laugh at those of us who play more than one toon, trying to progress 1 is stupidly hard now. Let see considering stf is the ONLY EFFECTIVE means of gaining the 8,000 a day this means that anyone with 1 or more toons is subject to a min of 8 stf a day..every day...so people with 4 toons to hit the refine cap takes oh 13 hours..... Great work guys way to keep the consumers happy. Glad to see 300 cancelled accounts and 1,000 deletted accounts showed you guys absolutly nothing at all. Yet you semed surprised when people quit the game or refuse to spend money on a sinking ship. You cannot get more blood from the stones you have so heres a hint...GET MORE STONES. So how do you entice new customers? how do you increase sales and climb the charts to game of the year? It is actually quite simply . LISTEN TO YOU CONSUMERS. we dont want to spend 14 hours a day just to get 8k and never be able to enjoy the rest of the game. we want to come in do a couple dailies hit our refine in a hour or less and go play the game. Once you have created a situation where logging in feels like going to a job...people quit playing....really how STUPID are you guys seriously do they pay you or is it a bunch of trained chimps you guys got running things?

come on man pls dont do walls of text hit enter a few time pls for the love of baby jesus

thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Time to roll the "extend server downtime" proc by asking "is it up yet?"

:D:D:D
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    themarie wrote: »
    Time to roll the "extend server downtime" proc by asking "is it up yet?"

:D:D:D

Lol our sources say in another 10-15 minutes...:D