test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comparability with Windows 8

Is Cryptic/PWE going to update their System Requirements to support Windows 8 now that it's released?

I've been playing since a month a after launch 2010 and I am due for a PC upgrade/replacement next year. I am sure I am not the only one out there.

If the system doesn't meet the requirements of the game, the game will either not run at all or give a less than desirable performance. To ensure a smooth gaming experience, we recommend that you meet the following settings:

Operating System

Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)

CPU

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 3800+

RAM

Memory: 1GB RAM

Hard Disk

10GB Free Disk Space

Graphic Display

NVIDIA GeForce 7950 / ATI Radeon X1800 / Intel HD Graphics

Sound Drivers

DirectX 9.0c Compatible Soundcard

DirectX

Version 9.0c or Higher

Network

Internet Broadband Connection Required
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chikahirochikahiro Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Usually the system requirements are one of the last things to get updated. That said, its working quite happily on my laptop which is running Windows 8.

My blog! Zen|Dilithium tracking on Thursdays
    http://samonmaui.blogspot.com
    As a lifetime member of STO, I officially became a financial liability as of April 2012 when compared to a subscriber.
  • cheeseofborgcheeseofborg Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Unfortuently, Anti-alising and shadows do not work well on windows 8 for STO. Thats why I switched back to windows 7.
  • speedofheatspeedofheat Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sorry it works absolutely fine on Windows 8....
    y3m-yM6W2jBAA7NpYi95PewTOHD9vSNpFGl3huKvuKsGif7jH9lBSYRtnx-AxOUzQw00u0SrjnMeAt0McFsPmCC2FoawxgX3ZON4Ork7H39MCRYsgBUn0QYSADDqYpB6wB5twq-_jNOp7AdrNeItQjiXChE9kwGvBsqc-vTz7oj3YM?width=660&height=198&cropmode=none
  • chikahirochikahiro Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Unfortuently, Anti-alising and shadows do not work well on windows 8 for STO. Thats why I switched back to windows 7.

What kind of GPU do you have? I assume you had already updated your drivers (or Windows 8 did it for you).

My blog! Zen|Dilithium tracking on Thursdays
    http://samonmaui.blogspot.com
    As a lifetime member of STO, I officially became a financial liability as of April 2012 when compared to a subscriber.