test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

starbase project bug

silverfaustxsilverfaustx Member Posts: 262
edited December 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
we cant put in any andorian boffs, and we need to finish it fast because of other projects that we need to do..
Post edited by silverfaustx on

Comments

• Options
    danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You will need to wait till the bug is sorted out ok :).
    I'm so happy :D
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    yea and when is that , we are ending tier4 projects and cant do tier5 til this is fixed..
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    we cant put in any andorian boffs, and we need to finish it fast because of other projects that we need to do..

Please supply additional information:

What is the name of the project, and what exactly are you seeing?
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    station andorian bridge officer on starbase, it was half way full before season 7 patch, and now we cant add anymore its stuck

we did complete the vulcan and human personal boff project before season 7, then started on andorian was half way done, til we got updated to s7 and when we tried to finish it, it became stuck (after this we stil got the tellarite and chef) and others incoming when t4 is done on all

we need this fixed or we cant move to others projects for sb..and we are a very large and active fleet (Shadow Force)
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i think all projects I have doff's not accepted to fill
    here is a good doff bug all 20 fillled but not filled? when all projects filled it ran?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    not doff but BOFF, the normal doff projects work fine its just the starbase upgrade
  • Options
    brickyardbrickyard Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Affirmed, all Starbase Upgrade projects aren't accepting any doff's at this moment.
    P2W is Pay to Play for me, what else? Duh! :D
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    also theres a boff bug for ship stations, but this should go in a diff topic
  • Options
    dargod2012dargod2012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    its the same for my fleet too. we cant donate the common Boff (not the duty ones) canidates into the star base progression. the mission is station vulcan personal officer on starbase. but i am hearing its that set of the progression is not working for other fleets at out level (tier 4 star base) Proteus is the fleet i am in.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    its stil not fixed, and we need to do other upgrades soon, or the sb cant grow anymore

so pw if u dont fix it u wil lose out on alot of dil !
  • Options
    smoketh2smoketh2 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Please supply additional information:

What is the name of the project, and what exactly are you seeing?

I have sent in two tickets regarding this issue as well as a forum post in the community feedback forum.

The one ticket I sent in was via e-mail and the other was in-game.

The in game ticket came back today from a GM saying "he couldn't do anything about it" and that I should submit a bug report which I believe if I was to do nothing would get done about it as it would be buried with the other bug reports.

The e-mailed ticket about the same issue contains a screenshot showing very clearly the problem. Which I have also linked here: http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4397/stbev.jpg

The project is called "station personnel officer on starbase". The problem is (in our case anyway) is that we completed the bridge officer requirement before season 7 and were trying to collect enough fleet marks to complete it. This was not achieved before season 7 came in.

The requirements were then changed from 5 very rare bridge officers to 10 common bridge officers. This is what has cause the bug. The progress got reset to 5/10 and now no one can contribute any type of bridge officer. Common rare or very rare to the project.

What was worrying was the fact the GM said they couldn't even remove the project from the queue so we could put it to one side while waiting for the bug to be fixed.

As things stand at the moment our fleet has close to 500 members who aren't very happy about this and a user who has spent a LOT of money on zen no longer buying any more zen until this issue is resolved!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    OK, a couple of bugs here. Or, perhaps just one. I cannot allocate the right personel and items to the specific projects.

I had filled up science doffs to a project, still the button was active, although I could not put more doffs into it. When I filled up the other resources, the project finished and began the count down.

I could not fill in doffs into the specific projects, however I had to fill in green barkeepers into a project and I could fill it up with white science doffs. In the same project I had to fill in some ferasan blatter. It did accept comm arrays however.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    this bug is about adding boffs not doffs, also it is stil not fix and it getting very bad as we need it cleared within 2 days or the sb cant grow anymore, we have near 500 ppl in fleet
  • Options
    revrunnorris42revrunnorris42 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I put the Station Personnel Officer in our Klingon Starbase (we are currently Tier 3) project and my fleet can not contribute any of the necessary Bridge Officer Candidates. And now we can not complete the project. This bug has also stopped our SB projects. I submitted a ticket but have not heard back from anyone yet.

When will it get fixed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    all sb project where u need any boff are bugged, this is a MAJOR bug but we hear nothing from pw
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    bump topic
  • Options
    zunderdomezunderdome Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same here and i think for almost every fleet...

When all project requirements are filled totaly of any goods except boffs... here the problem seems to be that when half of any reqiured boff-stuck is filled there isn't no more possibility to get in more boffs nor finsih this assignment. i.e. 7 of 15, 5 of 10 and so on.

this problem actually blocks nearly every fleet to continue the upgrades. this is need to fixed soon.

thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is Crypticverse...
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    this is a game breaking bug for all fleets ingame
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Borticus:

The bug occurs for all the Station (Species) Personnel Officer on your starbase.

These missions require white quality BRIDGE officers (15 of each department eng/sci/tac iirc).

Since S7 you can no longer contribute the BOFFS to the mission (the contribute button is greyed out even when you have the required Boffs either on your candidate roster or if they are joined on your Boff list).

As many people have stated this is a GAME-BREAKING bug for the starbase system. Any fleet who moves this mission into current (of which I know that there are literally dozens including mine currently with this problem) will have their Upgrade mission slot permanently "disabled" and will NOT be able to progress at all. More and more fleets will come into this position as tey hit Tier 4.

This needs to be fixed ASAP.
    Bug report: 1,425, 213
    Dev help request: 1,425,214
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    We have been reading the bug reports, and attempting to track down what's gone awry on these projects. I'll update this thread if we track down the issue. Until then, know that it's being investigated.

If you have any further info to add, please feel free. Include as many details as possible.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We have been reading the bug reports, and attempting to track down what's gone awry on these projects. I'll update this thread if we track down the issue. Until then, know that it's being investigated.

If you have any further info to add, please feel free. Include as many details as possible.

thank you for making the scorping fighter blue Azure needs an adjustment
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited November 2012

As long as you're looking at Starbase/Fleet related bugs, could you please have somebody take a look at the tables for the Bekk Inspection mission from the Officer of the Watch?
  • Options
    vyconis81vyconis81 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's good to know that you are trying to track down the coding that caused this bug issue. It's very frustrating to not be able to progress further as a fleet because of this.... :(
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    we got like 3 upgrade projects on hold now, and the cd for one of them already is 10days..
  • Options
    maerdynmaerdyn Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    wrong one :-x
    CO LT, STO LT, played NWN and NWN2 before and another DnD games
  • Options
    maerdynmaerdyn Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012

here http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=452511
    CO LT, STO LT, played NWN and NWN2 before and another DnD games
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    the patch did NOT fix it !!

"Fleet Starbase Personnel projects should now properly accept Bridge Officer donations." they do NOT
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    why is cryptic not saying anything?