test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thank you for putting the Dilithium back!

maliusnightmaliusnight Member Posts: 30 Arc User
I just want to say I am very pleased that you guys have decided to put the dil reward back in. I'm certain that was the right choice, I think this whole thing has gone a long way to restoring my faith in the devs.

Thanks!!
Post edited by maliusnight on

Comments

• Options
    nodia2055nodia2055 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just want to say I am very pleased that you guys have decided to put the dil reward back in. I'm certain that was the right choice, I think this whole thing has gone a long way to restoring my faith in the devs.

Thanks!!

Yes thank you for TRIBBLE up so much of the game and fixing the one part
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Please don't thank them. It's like thanking the mugger for leaving you bus change to get home.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ajstoner wrote: »
    Please don't thank them. It's like thanking the mugger for leaving you bus change to get home.

lmfao so very true
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, thank you cryptic for making it harder to grind dilithium.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    judgeslongjudgeslong Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    daan2006 wrote: »
    lmfao so very true
    Yes thank you for taking half lol, oh and charging us more for everything. Players dont refine that much so will make it harder for you to get it, and on top of it will lower starbase requirements by 20% and will give you 50% less for each reward so if you think about it they raised starbase requirements by 30%.
  • Options
    mikey5timemikey5time Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Free game is free.
  • Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ajstoner wrote: »

That's pretty much how I feel about the whole thing. :o

I do appreciate them adding it back, but after playing 1 STF I decided not to play another, or indeed anymore, and as a result to forget about the reputation system too.

So really they shot themselves in the foot and this reverse is just damage limitation.

Besides that, I am looking forward to playing the new content and think that New Romulus is a good update that I am very much looking forward to exploring. So yes, a "thank you" is in order, but it's not one of overwhelming gratitude like it could or should have been. :)
  • Options
    quickdraw74quickdraw74 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They should have just left it like it was before Season 7. It wasn't broken at all. I assume they are tired of players buying Zen with dilithium. In the process of trying to control it, I hope they realize they are loosing quite few gold customers.

Actually in all fairness I played the fleet actions a lot today. It is not a bad way to get dilithium. It was pretty fun. I even got blown up a few times, Wish they would have actually made improvements to them. There were times I had to sit doing nothing waiting on enemy fleets to spawn. I am assuming that is why nobody liked them in the first place. While it says 20 to 30 minutes play time, you spend about 10 waiting on the spawns to happen.

Even with all my Season 7 criticisms, the 1440 dilithium reward for the fleet action is actually something they did right. Lowering it to 480 I doubt I will ever do another one, unless I need very rare loot drops for a new character.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Guys once you hit tier 5 an elite stf will be worth more. How much more well 700+960=1660 thats 560 more dilithium per run. We came out of this way ahead. I understand your frustrated with cryptic or just that haters gotta hate. But please do the math. Do I feel for the "average" players who no longer gets 1440 for running SB24? I do I feel bad for them. But they need to get off the bench and join the STF team! Grinding up that rep is easy! You can even do it solo now using the defera invasion, if you so choose. But make it happen!
  • Options
    loazannethloazanneth Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    mikey5time wrote: »
    Free game is free.

Not when you are doing the monthly subscription or lifetime
  • Options
    loazannethloazanneth Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Guys once you hit tier 5 an elite stf will be worth more. How much more well 700+960=1660 thats 560 more dilithium per run. We came out of this way ahead. I understand your frustrated with cryptic or just that haters gotta hate. But please do the math. Do I feel for the "average" players who no longer gets 1440 for running SB24? I do I feel bad for them. But they need to get off the bench and join the STF team! Grinding up that rep is easy! You can even do it solo now using the defera invasion, if you so choose. But make it happen!

I guess I'll have to trust you on tier 5 because on tier 0 you get 0 dilithium. The only thing we currently get dilithium from are 20 man fleet battles.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    loazanneth wrote: »
    I guess I'll have to trust you on tier 5 because on tier 0 you get 0 dilithium. The only thing we currently get dilithium from are 20 man fleet battles.

At tier 0 you can still do BNP turn ins for 10 BNP to 1000 dil. Thats still 1060 a run which is 40 less I admit then back in the day, But it is something. Combine it with a quick 480 SB24 pick a quick VR console and your doing pretty good.
  • Options
    notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    How much more well 700+960=1660 thats 560 more dilithium per run. We came out of this way ahead. I understand your frustrated with cryptic or just that haters gotta hate. But please do the math

Well, your math is off. It was 1100 dil + any edc/salvge/tech you turned in, once I got 8012 dilithium from one ISE run because I turned in 3 Proto Salvage.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Lulz, you know ... that's what they probably like doing. Take something away, cause a huge rage action, then put some of it back and earn thanks for it. Like with those bugs, then after fixing them (40 page thread of rage), everyone is like "oh thankies so muchies" etc. :)

Once again, I have to say, I don't thank someone for repairing something which got broken on purpose in the first place. However, I thank for the effort that has been brought to the Tau Dewa sector block which is a good place to fly around these days, and I thank for the lowering and easing of duff requirements in fleet projects.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    notoryczny wrote: »
    Well, your math is off. It was 1100 dil + any edc/salvge/tech you turned in, once I got 8012 dilithium from one ISE run because I turned in 3 Proto Salvage.

And how many times did you just get EDCs?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Lulz, you know ... that's what they probably like doing. Take something away, cause a huge rage action, then put some of it back and earn thanks for it. Like with those bugs, then after fixing them (40 page thread of rage), everyone is like "oh thankies so muchies" etc. :)

Once again, I have to say, I don't thank someone for repairing something which got broken on purpose in the first place. However, I thank for the effort that has been brought to the Tau Dewa sector block which is a good place to fly around these days, and I thank for the lowering and easing of duff requirements in fleet projects.

Its not impossible. But its even if they do just enjoy watching the forums burn down every new season it strikes me as both totally unlikely, and it doesn't reflect well on them. The forums are never the cleanest happiest place but they are positively toxic during this launch. It doesn't look good to new players, i can't look good to PWI investors.

If we want them to make the changes we want, then We must reactive positively when they do so. Its that simple. Positive re-inforcement is more likely to achieve the desired out come then endless pages of flame.
  • Options
    scoustarscoustar Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Its not impossible. But its even if they do just enjoy watching the forums burn down every new season it strikes me as both totally unlikely, and it doesn't reflect well on them. The forums are never the cleanest happiest place but they are positively toxic during this launch. It doesn't look good to new players, i can't look good to PWI investors.

If we want them to make the changes we want, then We must reactive positively when they do so. Its that simple. Positive re-inforcement is more likely to achieve the desired out come then endless pages of flame.

As a cynic, I'm in accordance with many who've stated their belief that Cryptic knew what they were going to do well in advance. For me, the REAL reason behind the STF changes was the number of players getting rich off them through drops (EC) rather than dilithium, and have used the dil return as cover for their true purpose.

Cryptic, if you praise them now, come out smelling of roses for breaking what wasn't broken instead of creating new, enticing content for players to spend on.

Your praise now they can use as fuel for the next mega-nerf after which they'll give 10% back as a pat on the head for the good little players. Lies and deceit from developers must not be permitted, and must NEVER be forgotten nor forgiven.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    And how many times did you just get EDCs?

I never get "just edcs" - I either got 2-3 blue items or enough edcs to pile up and buy some borg parts in order to sell them for ec. It was well over 100k ec on average. And sometimes I got items that I sold for millions.

In addition to killing largest dil income source they killed largest EC source as well. Don't you see it?
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Let me get this right. Cryptic makes a change. People hate it and voice their opinions. Instead of giving it more time to see if it works in the long run, Cryptic accepts the feedback and changes the decision.

Now it seems that people are STILL unhappy.

People, ever heard of being magnanimous in victory? Seriously, a little maturity. I'm sure your egos can withstand making a little less imaginary money in an imaginary world.
  • Options
    luxchristianluxchristian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Let me get this right. Cryptic makes a change. People hate it and voice their opinions. Instead of giving it more time to see if it works in the long run, Cryptic accepts the feedback and changes the decision.

People, ever heard of being magnanimous in victory? Seriously, a little maturity. I'm sure your egos can withstand making a little less imaginary money in an imaginary world.

Where is the like button for your comment ? :-)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    notoryczny wrote: »
    I never get "just edcs" - I either got 2-3 blue items or enough edcs to pile up and buy some borg parts in order to sell them for ec. It was well over 100k ec on average. And sometimes I got items that I sold for millions.

In addition to killing largest dil income source they killed largest EC source as well. Don't you see it?

Really? You always got 2-3 blue as well as 2 EDCs? Those items sold for over 100k on average? That is amazing!

Cause I have done literally Hundreds of elite STF runs, and Certainly have not seen anything like that level of return on average.

Yes there were lucky runs, and there lucky drops. But If you averaged over 100k worth of drops your so lucky you must have gotten your full MkXII set on the first run each and every time.

Let me simply rephrase that its impossible to have come that average. No one got 100k average worth of drops in ESTFs. Not if you really ran them. I have seen more then one MkXII (Acc x3) weapon drop, and those sell of loads of cash. But believe me it still wouldn't average out to 100k per run.

Of course I see that we lost the loot bag. But I don't care, to be honest, the drops from that have been mostly worthless for 2 seasons. The buff to loot to FA is honestly much more valuable, and they aren't going to give that back that drop, we knew that in the testing phase. We don't need EC to run STFs. We do need Dil. They gave us back Dil and that means we can go on as we have been. We can make all kinds of money off FAs instead.
  • Options
    edited November 2012

+1
    I'm glad I'm not alone.
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Cryptic made changes, but lied first about said changes. This caused the greatest upset IMO.

Cryptic knew from the beginning there would be outcry, hence the ruse to placate the few who get their dil back.

There was no victory in which to be magnanimous. Cryptic did not apologise for the lies. Cryptic have still sent dil needs soaring whilst lowering the availability of "easy/fast" dil, which they claim they weren't trying to do. Another lie but there we go.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    scoustar wrote: »
    Cryptic made changes, but lied first about said changes. This caused the greatest upset IMO.

Cryptic knew from the beginning there would be outcry, hence the ruse to placate the few who get their dil back.

There was no victory in which to be magnanimous. Cryptic did not apologise for the lies. Cryptic have still sent dil needs soaring whilst lowering the availability of "easy/fast" dil, which they claim they weren't trying to do. Another lie but there we go.

I'm terribly sorry to break this to you, but anything they put on Tribble or announce on forums is subject to change. This doesn't mean they've lied. It means they decided to change something.

Also, you do understand that they're not actually obligated to tell you their intentions, don't you? Not unless you're a stockholder. Are you a stockholder?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I'm terribly sorry to break this to you, but anything they put on Tribble or announce on forums is subject to change. This doesn't mean they've lied. It means they decided to change something.
    So they made changes. This is a victory how? You think them putting back what they took away (as was their intention all along) is a victory? A victory when, as you say, they can do whatever they choose?
    Also, you do understand that they're not actually obligated to tell you their intentions, don't you? Not unless you're a stockholder. Are you a stockholder?
    Indeed they aren't, but they allow for discussion and dislike, so I described my dislike in the forum. You understand what a forum is, right?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    So they made changes. This is a victory how? You think them putting back what they took away (as was their intention all along) is a victory? A victory when, as you say, they can do whatever they choose?

As was their intention all along. You know this because they told you? You know this because you can read minds? You know this because you're a soothsayer? If I were you I'd be buying lottery tickets!!
    Indeed they aren't, but they allow for discussion and dislike, so I described my dislike in the forum. You understand what a forum is, right?

Yes, a forum is a place where hopefully-rational people discuss things. There was discussion to implement a change. That change was implemented. I fail to see why the discussion needs to continue as the goal was achieved. There's no more to gain out of this.

By any chance do you believe the world owes you something? Hold on to something now... It doesn't!!
  • Options
    tarsudotarsudo Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Thanks!!

Yes, i agree, Thank you Cryptic, pwe, DaStahl
  • Options
    areikou#8990 areikou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Reikou likes this *Insert Facebook thumbs up*

You can never make everybody happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
    is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    No one got 100k average worth of drops in ESTFs. Not if you really ran them.

Wrong. Say that in one run you get 2 edc, one blue shield. 3 edc and some crappy console in second. Sell your shield for ~45k, crappy console for 9k, buy a borg engine with edcs and sell it for 100k. Which means in 2 sub-aversge runs you have 154k, which means average of 77k. And in this example drops were really crappy. Usually I came out with better stuff.

Say that you get a decent dmg console - its worth about 340k. I used to get one in 3-4 runs. Or get a blue mk xii shield and a blue mk xi deflector, thats about 90k. Notice the fact I am not even mentioning purple drops.

And no, I didn't get "all mk xii stuff" in first run. Despite that I have enough [Borg] weapons and full mk xii sets to just laugh at this sad repetition system. I was playing 3-4 E-STFs per day, 4-5 days in a week. Now compare it with "rewards" in new system.
  • Options
    sensorghostsensorghost Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    mikey5time wrote: »
    Free game is free.

Its not free only, some us pay, pay alot.. so STFU with, free is free