test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thank you for putting the Dilithium back!

2»

Comments

• Options
    sensorghostsensorghost Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Let me get this right. Cryptic makes a change. People hate it and voice their opinions. Instead of giving it more time to see if it works in the long run, Cryptic accepts the feedback and changes the decision.

Now it seems that people are STILL unhappy.

People, ever heard of being magnanimous in victory? Seriously, a little maturity. I'm sure your egos can withstand making a little less imaginary money in an imaginary world.

What freaking victory? They fix something back in a half TRIBBLE way, after saying they were not going to change it at all. Adding in the across the board increase in costs, adding additional work and effort to achieve the same resources, and gratitude is expected?

No no.. They fracked it up, went a bridge too far and now must suffer greatly for the hubris thinking they have improved our gaming experience.
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm terribly sorry to break this to you, but anything they put on Tribble or announce on forums is subject to change. This doesn't mean they've lied. It means they decided to change something.

Also, you do understand that they're not actually obligated to tell you their intentions, don't you? Not unless you're a stockholder. Are you a stockholder?
    What freaking victory? They fix something back in a half TRIBBLE way, after saying they were not going to change it at all. Adding in the across the board increase in costs, adding additional work and effort to achieve the same resources, and gratitude is expected?

No no.. They fracked it up, went a bridge too far and now must suffer greatly for the hubris thinking they have improved our gaming experience.

A change is made, people asked for change, change was made people still complain. And cry. And moan. And whinge. And sook. And throw tantrums. And hold their breath.

Grow up, people. If you don't like it, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    A change is made, people asked for change, change was made people still complain. And cry. And moan. And whinge. And sook. And throw tantrums. And hold their breath.

Grow up, people. If you don't like it, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

They did not highlight any of this in advance, the majority of players never saw this coming, no one cired and asked fro this.
  • Options
    admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well guess want dude. Alot of us paid real money in SO so we want good quality. they LIED to us about what S7 would contain. SO SHUT UP ON THAT!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Well guess want dude. Alot of us paid real money in SO so we want good quality. they LIED to us about what S7 would contain. SO SHUT UP ON THAT!

I have paid heaps of real money. I, and a lot of others, are happy with how the game has grown.

Nothing was guaranteed, except that Season 7 was going to be released. Everything else is subject to change. Looks like they didn't lie. Build a bridge. Get over it.
  • Options
    charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    People are never happy in this new generation:P
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Its not a case of sour grapes over this or that element.. The whole package redefined the core of game play. Every aspect for every kind of player and how they advance in this game has changed at the core. Its a different game entirely now, that shuts out F2P and casual Gold members/ It just does. There's no denying this. Across the board increase in difficulty in resource gathering, and massive black holes to eat those resources in so many exclusive directions no one can achieve maximum potential without excluding or heavily reducing participation in all other areas of advancement.

How the frack can anyone be ok with it in the big picture? I accept being OK with this or that one element, but the synergy of it is is a massive FRACK YOU to the player base as a whole.
  • Options
    admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have paid heaps of real money. I, and a lot of others, are happy with how the game has grown.

Nothing was guaranteed, except that Season 7 was going to be released. Everything else is subject to change. Looks like they didn't lie. Build a bridge. Get over it.

No I won't and just because you are too short sighted to see the overall problem.
  • Options
    ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    People are never happy in this new generation:P

Should they be? And there are three generations actively playing this game now; if they all share this "defect" (as you seem to see it) what does that tell you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ajstoner wrote: »
    Should they be? And there are three generations actively playing this game now; if they all share this "defect" (as you seem to see it) what does that tell you?

I can see where your coming from.
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maliusnightmaliusnight Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    notoryczny wrote: »
    Wrong. Say that in one run you get 2 edc, one blue shield. 3 edc and some crappy console in second. Sell your shield for ~45k, crappy console for 9k, buy a borg engine with edcs and sell it for 100k. Which means in 2 sub-aversge runs you have 154k, which means average of 77k. And in this example drops were really crappy. Usually I came out with better stuff.

Say that you get a decent dmg console - its worth about 340k. I used to get one in 3-4 runs. Or get a blue mk xii shield and a blue mk xi deflector, thats about 90k. Notice the fact I am not even mentioning purple drops.

And no, I didn't get "all mk xii stuff" in first run. Despite that I have enough [Borg] weapons and full mk xii sets to just laugh at this sad repetition system. I was playing 3-4 E-STFs per day, 4-5 days in a week. Now compare it with "rewards" in new system.

Look I have all 4 mk XII sets (not counting the duplicates), for the fed side, the run thats 2 edc and one blue shield is the average run. Throw in a battery or two, maybe a green mk X weapon for good measure and your done, oh and half a dozen lock boxes. For ground its worse. For space the shields and engines which your gonna have to vendor 9 time out of 10 at-least they were worth some ok EC not like 100k but enough to keep ya in hypos parts and regenerators. But the ground blues are all armor pshields and weapons they vendor for about nothing and they Exchange for just a little more.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Its across the board bad, every level of play its bad.. No one can look at any of this and say it's AWESOME GOOD, at best they say.. I like this or that detail.

No one says the whole of it was welcomed and accepted..

TOTAL FAIL S7
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    No I won't and just because you are too short sighted to see the overall problem.

Then stop playing if you don't like it!!!!! Is playing this game mandatory for you? Do you feel diminished if you don't play it?

I see no overall problem. I, like many others, am happy with the direction the game is taking. By wanting things to go back to how they were you're saying that your opinion is more important than ours. It's not!! Mummy may have told you that you were special but so did everyone else's.
  • Options
    maliusnightmaliusnight Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think making FAs the source of the Best EC loot is logical. It helps enable the player base, and push forward the average player. I do think they need to change how those rewards are calculated 3 categories, damage done, damage taken, Damage healed. This opens up viability of much great number of build concepts. I suggested this during the testing phase, and I'm sure I'm not the first one to suggest it. I don't know why they don't make this change, but its something I intended to keep bring up until we know the devs hear us on this.

I also wanna say I'm excited about the rep system. I am happy new players will not have to go though the same farming horrors I did. Yeah they will have to run a lot STF, but they won't have the agony of waiting for that last drop to finish a set. On top of that the getting access to the KDF honor gear is awesome. I want that melee bosting hypo a lot! The passive are good too. I'm totally willing to put some time into getting this stuff unlocked.

I can understand folks that/are upset about the changes, but we got what we needed, and we can keep going. Yes it takes time to adjust play style and I agree if you want the average player who plays for 3.5 to refine 8k Dilithium and then design a system that requires said player to play for 4 hours to do so there is flaw in that logic. But we have to be the change we want to see.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I think making FAs the source of the Best EC loot is logical. It helps enable the player base, and push forward the average player. I do think they need to change how those rewards are calculated 3 categories, damage done, damage taken, Damage healed. This opens up viability of much great number of build concepts. I suggested this during the testing phase, and I'm sure I'm not the first one to suggest it. I don't know why they don't make this change, but its something I intended to keep bring up until we know the devs hear us on this.

That's actually a really awesome idea. It would mean that DPS would no longer be the main, obvious goal. +1!!!