What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 7 Foundry Heads-up

2»

Comments

• mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Isn't that somewhat limited? Many of the spotlights have evolved over time even after they were spotlighted, with or without season releases. I do understand that they shouldn't be seriously damaged (like removing most of the mission to make it just barely qualify for the daily), but removing the ability to remaster stuff?

Just because you guys never got around to remastering most of your missions doesn't mean we won't. :P

Wouldn't it be better if the creator could edit an inactive copy of the mission and submit it for review by you? If the edit truly are improvements, such as dialogue or maps or adding new Foundry features, you could decide if it is enough to validate an update of the active featured mission copy.
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    mattachine wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be better if the creator could edit an inactive copy of the mission and submit it for review by you? If the edit truly are improvements, such as dialogue or maps or adding new Foundry features, you could decide if it is enough to validate an update of the active featured mission copy.

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe limit the "updates" to one every month or two (number up to Cryptic) if they are worried they'll be constantly bombarded with review requests.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    mattachine wrote: »

That would be a great solution.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think it's more of a safeguard in case an author decides to change their mission into something, hrm... inappropriate? :) I doubt that would happen, but, you know :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

That's just too paranoid. :(

I'm definitely staying out of spotlights.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thank you for the heads up
    CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
  • galactrixgalactrix Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, I edited my mission with a dialogue box apologizing for the crappy BOff pathing AI and saying it was Cryptic's fault and not mine. So if you don't mind that being permanently frozen there, then go ahead. Otherwise, you might want to fix the pathing on the map first.

I've only been asking for 1 and a half years :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Syndicate Extraction by Galactrix - Trailer: youtu.be/8SL7AXuUMec
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,630 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for the heads up

Hopefully this'll be the fastest foundry down time yet... :P

We can hope, although they did add some new functions to the Foundry - which could throw a monkey wrench in the mission auto re-publish process.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    I'm still pretty unclear as to what we (as foundry authors) need to do with our missions to make them count in the daily. Does it have to last a certain amount of time, kill a certain number of enemies, use a certain number of interactions, speak with a certain number of people? There is no clear layout of what it needs to have to count, which is pretty TRIBBLE for those of us making missions, only to find out that no one will ever play them because they don't count to the daily.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • mightydan1mightydan1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What do you mean by "ticket"?

I don't remember receiving anything when 'City of the Polmar Ree' was spotlighted.

It's probably EULA changes in order to let Cryptic archive spotlighted missions so they stay exactly how they are once they're featured on the "Hail Starfleet" page.
  • kuwayuokuwayuo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi Foundry Authors!

As we move closer to the launch of Season 7, the team and I wanted to give you all a heads up on some Foundry-related items:
    1) At the time Season 7 launches, the editing tool for the Foundry, as well as being able to play missions, will be disabled as previous missions are republished -- we expect this editing downtime to last only a short while. Republishing will be an automatic process.

2) Foundry spotlighted missions will return once editing/ playing comes back up, including having their own billing in the Mission Journal! If you've been spotlighted in the past on the website, expect to receive an update through your past ticket with information on how your mission will be featured going forward. There will be some new things you need to agree to in order to continue having your mission featured. Details and instructions will be in your ticket update.

3) As you may have seen from the Tribble patch notes, we've made a change to how the Foundry Daily works. Zero posted more information here.

Thanks for your understanding and we look forward to seeing all of your amazing missions built during Season 7 and beyond.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    NEW RULES WILL VIOLATE LAWS censership as writers we need to comply to term but us law 1 is sirst if pwe fails here will be a major lawsuit for censoring and should be noted they screening all old missions and should be unlawful to us writers already been personally noted do bigdog
  • ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kuwayuo wrote: »
    NEW RULES WILL VIOLATE LAWS censership as writers we need to comply to term but us law 1 is sirst if pwe fails here will be a major lawsuit for censoring and should be noted they screening all old missions and should be unlawful to us writers already been personally noted do bigdog
    Huh?... Wha?... Huh?...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Big Dog indeed. Big Dog.

Or as AJ said.

Huh ?
    Wha ?
    Huh ?
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Fight the power!!!!
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited November 2012
    You gotta take the power back!!!
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for your understanding and we look forward to seeing all of your amazing missions built during Season 7 and beyond.

"Built", but what about rewarding people for playing them? A new mission won't give any reward, consequently people will focus on existing ones. And even if i'm not creating missions to get 5000+ plays, I'm not making them for the sake of making them. I like when they get out of the review area, you know.

I'm still waiting for an answer: what's the incentive to play new missions with the new reward system? Is at least someone up there thinking to a possible fix or is it completely ignored? :)
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited November 2012
    There are plenty of people who play Foundry missions just to play. How do you think missions got 5 plays before? I doubt there were a lot of dilithium-focused players who were going in and playing missions with 1 review just to get the daily done.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • aeternaliaeternali Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2012

No they do not violate any U.S. Federal Laws, censorship is when the government violates your freedom of speech not when private companies deny you your right to free speech in a domain that they own.

The right to free speech must be exercised within your own domain or in the public domain at your own expense. Cryptic or any company for that matter is not required to spend money to provide you a forum for you to exercise your right to free speech.