test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The REAL reason B'Tran is being nerfed

lillithiaelillithiae Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Because people were exploiting it. By doing "Explore Strange New Worlds" + both B'Tran missions, people were completing 2 dailies at once, for a total of 2880 dilithium for 3 exploration missions. I can only assume it was never intended that the "Chart"mission could be completed at the same time as the "explore" mission daily.
Post edited by lillithiae on

Comments

• Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It was a relic from Emblems times, when teh VA instance rewarded endgame emblems instead of marks of exploration because of the higher difficulty.

That emblem reward got auto converted to dilithium while the difficulty now autoscaled the other instance.

it was a bit redundant now.

Not sure why they need to keep the extra instance in the game now.

They could up the difficulty to level 54 there to keep it valid, or make the levels balanced for groups doing the exploration instead.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lillithiae wrote: »
    Because people were exploiting it. By doing "Explore Strange New Worlds" + both B'Tran missions, people were completing 2 dailies at once, for a total of 2880 dilithium for 3 exploration missions. I can only assume it was never intended that the "Chart"mission could be completed at the same time as the "explore" mission daily.

Yea you can help cryptic make an excuse that is is an exploit, guess your gonna make excuses for them nerfing all the other areas of dilithium there nurfing but you miss one vital point in all this is doesnt matter because you can only refine 8k a day , so how is it an exploit, if all it means is you can do your daily dilithium grind a little quicker and get to the more fun things to do on the game, There not fixing an exploit there trying to make it so you have to buy dilithium with zen, plain and simple,
  • Options
    atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nice try.

It wasn't an exploit, it's been in the game forever.

It was part of Cryptic's sweep of removing as many sources of dilithium from the game as they felt the playerbase would tolerate.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • Options
    allocaterallocater Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They can remove all the dilithium sources they want, but since the prices are all balanced around the fact that these sources existed, they also need to lower all the prices now.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    atomictiki wrote: »
    Nice try.

It wasn't an exploit, it's been in the game forever.

It was part of Cryptic's sweep of removing as many sources of dilithium from the game as they felt the playerbase would tolerate.

This.
    allocater wrote: »
    They can remove all the dilithium sources they want, but since the prices are all balanced around the fact that these sources existed, they also need to lower all the prices now.

You keep Believing that...

Never has so much dilithium been needed, and never have there been less sources to get it...

Dilithium is going premium... If anything, Price is going up.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes CryPWE, by all means remove the dilithium "exploits". The sooner the exchange is 25:1 the better.
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • Options
    voluptuaryvoluptuary Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Maybe a main facet of season 8 will be that Cryptic/PWE will mail every gold subscriber a picture of a middle finger?
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i think it is a good move on their part to remove this it does have the potential to be exploited and you all seem to have conveniently forgotten that some new doors have opened in the form of fleet actions getting dilithium rewards added to them as well as a reward facelift and foundry is keeping its reward of dilith and even the STF dilith was not nerfed THAT hard 250 dilith that's all.
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    neos472 wrote: »
    i think it is a good move on their part to remove this it does have the potential to be exploited and you all seem to have conveniently forgotten that some new doors have opened in the form of fleet actions getting dilithium rewards added to them as well as a reward facelift and foundry is keeping its reward of dilith and even the STF dilith was not nerfed THAT hard 250 dilith that's all.

Thank you, Quisling.
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hey, LTM.. I hear we we get a picture of both hands doing it!

No really its not that bad.. but know this..

Owner PWI

All Zen purchase income, and monthly sub fees go to PWI from all cryptic game.. each month Cryptic gets a budget out of which they must maintain plant assets (severs, computers, all other office euipment etc.), pay building lease, cover payroll, and cover development costs on anything that is currently not activly making money (ie: neverwinter, the next cryptic game title) and still do a set aside for annual fee's and licences.. If something can be covered by the months budget it doesn't get got unless there money in the reserve. I'm pretty sure that cryptic doesn't have the reserves they had when PWI first purchased the studio any more..(something like 1.2 millions dollars if I recall correctly) It's in PWI's interest to make sure the studio doesn't have much of a reserve. This allows PWI greater control and permits Cryptic studio's less independence. If cryptics operating cost are still exceeding thier monthly budget then cryptic does indeed have a problem. Remember PWI is china owned and china is all about control from the top. I'm pretty sure PWI isn't over thrilled about haveing a semi independent studio under them.

I don't usually like to appologize for Cryptic (I do have my beefs with them) but cryptic isn't getting to make all of its own decisions any more. A suspect at many levels they may have had more Fredom under Atari (if only Atari had known what it was doing instead of driving thier own company into the red 3 years running...amazing.. once apon a time Atari had some of the best managers in the industry... *shakes head* how the mighty hath fallen.

Not all Cryptics fault.. only what Cryptic does (or doesn't do) is cryptics fault..unless PWI says its cryptics fault because due to corporate structure Cryptic is down hill of PWI there by making it so.

* in best Rigilian * Confusion releved is? Payment NOW!
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Fleetactions SUCK.

and that is all i have to say to this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tvlartvlar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes CryPWE, by all means remove the dilithium "exploits". The sooner the exchange is 25:1 the better.

I am puzzled as to why people are assuming there will be a Dil shortage on the Exchange.
    It seems obvious that Cryptic will be replacing players as the main supplier of Dil ( if they weren't already the main source )

Think about it for a minute.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    tvlar wrote: »
    I am puzzled as to why people are assuming there will be a Dil shortage on the Exchange.
    It seems obvious that Cryptic will be replacing players as the main supplier of Dil ( if they weren't already the main source )

Class-action lawsuit?
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thank you, Quisling.

whats that even mean good sir?
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    This.

You keep Believing that...

Never has so much dilithium been needed, and never have there been less sources to get it...

Dilithium is going premium... If anything, Price is going up.

What he said. ::: points above ...
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    tvlar wrote: »

Does anyone think Cryptic will be rolling out a box of dilithium you can buy with zen from the C-store, side stepping the dilithium exchange and trying to get you to go straight to them?
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Yep. The KDF version had already had its dilithium removed months ago AFAIK.

Suck it up guys, this was probably never intended.

STO community will cry about anything.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited November 2012

You are a primary KDF player right?

Would you like me to list all the daily KDF missions that can be done at once?? There are 4 that can over-lap

And the KDF now has 3 dilthium dailies to the FED 1

This thread is pure distraction - you want to draw attention away from the KDF imbalace.

I could make this issue with the KDF dailies my next "crusade" as my threads have been called - but pehaps instead you would be totally honest and post ALL the KDF dailies that can over-lap and we can leave it at that?
  • Options
    velktravelktra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The obvious solution would have been to remove "Explore the B'tran Cluster" rather than removing a dilithium source that many players use. The only rewards the "Explore" version offers are skill points and experience, which max level players don't need. They could also have simply made it so that you can only add one of the missions for that area at a time.

Removing the dilithium reward is unfair, especially considering the KDF side still has multiple dailies that can be completed simultaneously. And, of course, the PvP dailies are occasionally the same (fight in arenas) so you can do those at the same time. :rolleyes:
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hmmm...I am wondering about these things.

1) Now that the KDF will be the primary source of dilithium in STO, will more people begin playing KDF? I'm guessing maybe.

2) How long will it be until the Devs nerf the Dilithium rewards the KDF earns? Can't have the foster kids being able to earn/do more than the favored children can we? This will not do! Not long until the KDF dilithium rewards get nerfed just as hard. All in the name of...dare I say it..."balance and fairness". Two words which should never, ever be used in the same sentence as STO.

3) Will the sudden upsurge in KDF players cause the dev team to add meaningful content to the KDF side? I'm guessing...drum roll...no. They've not done so yet. No reason to think they'd trouble themselves further.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited November 2012

How is playing something that has been in the game forever 'exploiting' the game LMAO. If anything Cryptic is exploiting/exposing themselves but to blame it on the players like you are is totally ridiculous.
    Yep. The KDF version had already had its dilithium removed months ago AFAIK.

Suck it up guys, this was probably never intended.

STO community will cry about anything.

Suck it up? lol. Sorry this is a video game, I won't 'suck' anything up, I just won't play. I also doubt something that has been in the game since dilithium was introduced was 'never intended' Have fun!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    I could make this issue with the KDF dailies my next "crusade" as my threads have been called - but pehaps instead you would be totally honest and post ALL the KDF dailies that can over-lap and we can leave it at that?

Burn this game to the ground to show how much you love it! Of course, it'll end up being shut down. But at least you showed how much you cared.
  • Options
    thenumber55thenumber55 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    the maytr complex people have abut this game is insane

i mean really was the only reason you played this game was so you could stand in DS9/ESD/Droz involved in some crazy zone chat while actually "playing" the game only when you had too

MMO's change, STO just uses free season patches instead of Expansion packs, am i super excited about everything that is going on with S7 no. But there are some really cool new things coming to the game and a lot of stuff we haven't even seen yet.

Now as far as Dil Goes, Yes the Sources are changing but it is still there in different places, along with Doffing being a huge Dil generator
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Simple solution to this problem, get rid of the VA B'Tran zone which effectively eliminates the Daily and say it was for streamlining the game a bit. Also while they are at it, added a Transwarp to Gamma so I can go there faster in my Excelsior?
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Now as far as Dil Goes, Yes the Sources are changing but it is still there in different places, along with Doffing being a huge Dil generator

The sources are being reduced overall, and the time required to obtain the same amout of resources as in S6 (and prior) has been exponentially increased. Which means you'll be grinding more than doing the things you enjoy. Or, if you're a player with limited time, you're pretty much shut out of certain aspects of the game.
  • Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Burn this game to the ground to show how much you love it! Of course, it'll end up being shut down. But at least you showed how much you cared.

Levi3 is presenting a legitimate question - why has the massive amount of KDF dailes - many which over lap - not been touched?

Yes Levi3 can be well - let's just call him - hmm -"unique" in his style - or as he calls himself "bi-polar", but I don't see many posters on these forums that keep it alive as much as he does - I don't see many people defending Cryptic as much as he does, or defending the dev's or defending Brandon - as he did just the other day - just for doing his job.

It is obvious he loves the game - obsessed is probably more accurate(don't know how healthy that is - he should probably take a break) - but the KDF calls for fairness all the time and it's no big deal - now a Fed player is calling for Fairness in the dailies and he's trying to burn the game down - seriously - that's you therory?

The OP is known to be a HUGE KDF supporter and has lately been calling Levi3 out like a jackel nipping at his heels - maybe it is just the OP worried that the KDF could get the daily Nerf bat next?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    You are a primary KDF player right?

Would you like me to list all the daily KDF missions that can be done at once?? There are 4 that can over-lap

And the KDF now has 3 dilthium dailies to the FED 1

This thread is pure distraction - you want to draw attention away from the KDF imbalace.

Honestly ... What Cryptic needs to do is put the B'Tran daily back ... Give the KDF a mirror version of it.

THEN ... give the FEDs a patrol in another sector not unlike the KDF sorties.

And ... mirror the battle / kill dailies as well.

I'm KDF and would rather see them mirrored evenly than to see more dilithium sources cut.

We ALL need more sources in this game. :(

• Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    genhauk wrote: »
    Honestly ... What Cryptic needs to do is put the B'Tran daily back ... Give the KDF a mirror version of it.

THEN ... give the FEDs a patrol in another sector not unlike the KDF sorties.

And ... mirror the battle / kill dailies as well.

I'm KDF and would rather see them mirrored evenly than to see more dilithium sources cut.

We ALL need more sources in this game. :(

QFT.
    But this probably not good enough for people who prefer to outright nuke the bar rather than raise it to an even level for both sides...