test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ALL map loads screwed up now, not just ESD/DS9

Just finishing some storyline missions on my lowest alternate character I am experiencing what the latest patch gave us:

MASSIVE load times on EVERY ground map. Even INSIDE the same mission. Took several minutes for about half of them. Even those that didn't take so long took longer than they used to. I have a pretty nice computer and before S6 screwed up ESD and DS9 so horribly, no map, no matter which one, took more than 10 seconds to load, ever.

Now I'm trying to do Of Bajor and every time I load the holodeck, come back to bajor, load holodeck second time, beam back to bajor again, it is taking FOREVER.

FOR EVER.

Let's put it this way, I'm trying to leave the holodeck to report in and it's been "loading bajor: hathon" for 10 minutes straight now.

Seriously, STOP RELEASING "SEASONS" OF TRIBBLE IF YOU CAN'T FIX THE GAME BREAKING BUGS YOU INTRODUCED LAST PATCH!

Devote your time to NOTHING but fixing bugs and this game would be worth subscribing to, believe it or not. Instead, we get something so broken it hangs every time you change the map. And it's not only ground. Entering sector space when it's part of a mission is taking much longer, too.

EDIT: P.S. In all the time I typed this up it hasn't moved from 95.86% progress. It's still frozen on load, but animating the idiotic help tips at the bottom.
Post edited by rodentmaster on

Comments

• rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ooh, it's moved to 95.90% now!! Only 10 more hours to go to finish a mission that's godawful in the first place.
    edited November 2012
    Wow! I'm at 96.01%!!! Still.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I had similar issues when I was going from map to map it used to afreeze and red letters saying server not responding took about 10-15 minutes going from map to map which is one of the reasons i have taken a break from playing may not come back till season 8
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    96.05%!!!! WOW!

I'm going to keep doing this in real time so you know HOW FUBARED UP your own load screens are. You say there's no problem and you can't replicate it, well BS.

Check the time stamps on these forum posts for proof.
    edited November 2012
    robeasom wrote: »
    I had similar issues when I was going from map to map it used to afreeze and red letters saying server not responding took about 10-15 minutes going from map to map which is one of the reasons i have taken a break from playing may not come back till season 8

This isn't a connection problem. This is a fully connected, no-red-letters, contact with the server is held constantly, but the server refuses to load the map.

Repeat: this is NOT a connection problem/freeze. This is the game being so fubar it can't run its own subroutines to load a map.
    edited November 2012
    96.13%! Fix it cryptic. Going on 20 minutes now. I'm stuck in the middle of arguably the WORST most annoying mission you created and no way in hell I want to end-task the game in the middle of it and be forced to do it again.
    edited November 2012
    96.17, half an hour in counting the 10 minutes before I posted and it's so frakking late at night I can't handle this BULLPLOP anymore.

FIX YOUR TRIBBLE CRYPTIC. You &#@! the bed and you should be forced to lay in it. Oh, wait... you don't PLAY this game. That's right.

Well, at this rate nobody else will, either.
  • luxchristianluxchristian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Instead of whining in the forums how about restarting your PC and your Modem? And then testing it again. If the problems persist, submit a ticket ;-)
  • th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Main cause is on-demand patching, please go into your launcher settings and disable it.
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
    edited November 2012
    What is on-demand patching?
  • daloschooldaloschool Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    th3xr34p3r wrote: »
    Main cause is on-demand patching, please go into your launcher settings and disable it.

False. The on-demand patching has already patched, yet the game hangs indefinitely. Seen it on Drozana recently when testing a Foundry mission with another player - missed an entire portion of the mission, AND had to restart the game.

It's just broken.:mad:
    - Dalo Lorn's school account.
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It helps turning off any torrent-streaming programs running in the background... :P :D
    /Floozy
    edited November 2012
    It helps turning off any torrent-streaming programs running in the background... :P :D

That is something I can confirm. Or the girlfriend torrents :-P

Loading of the maps is normally fast for me. Only exception is the B'Tran Cluster for vice-admirals. This one is alwasys a bit slow.
    edited November 2012
    BS answers denying the problem don't help. This is not me, my computer, my router, or any other program I'm running. This is NOT on-demand patching, because even when I disabled that it still too universally 2x as long to load even the fast map changes. Load times INCREASED when I disabled that.

This is 100% bad game code. This is the subroutine that loads th map failing entirely, repeatedly, and CONSISTENTLY. This is upon the heads of the devs.

So don't pull that BS where you blame me for the game's faults.
    edited November 2012
    Moving this thread to PC and technical issues subforum is merely a LIE to hide the problem. It does not belong here.

It is not a PC issue. It is NOT a technical issue. It is a game BUG issue. Putting it in this subforum hides the true problem from public view and places the blame (falsely) on the user, rather than where it belongs (on the devs).
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A gentle reminder...

Discussion or disputation of moderation actions is not allowed on the forums. If you don't agree with a moderator's decision, you can submit a support ticket.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
    edited November 2012
    I've done that before. You know what happened? Nothing. I've disputed a lot the forum admins do and the answer: It doesn't matter. We don't count it against you when the forum mods move or do stuff.

In short, your reply in the general feedback forum (which you locked) is the epitome of the problem. The ticket system doesn't work. The forum mods don't work (properly). Your answer is to blame it on me, my system. It's an epidemic problem that half the player base experiences regularly. The official line? Nothing wrong, you're lying, it's all in your head, etc.

So forgive me for not submitting a ticket to the folks that habitually ignore all tickets.

And no, your possible solution is a biased blame shifting answer. It doesn't help. My hardware and driver setup hasn't changed since season 6. I know that when I get a 1 GB patch overnight and suddenly load times take half an hour REGULARLY, it wasn't that my system magically changed overnight.

No, I'm going to blame the devs who are so uncoordinated they can't even track who's working on what, and can't even put out a changelog because they say it's too much to track. The same devs that deny bugs exist because they didn't intentionally change anything in one specific area, but somehow hosed something somewhere that feeds into that specific area, thus causing unexpected results.

History shows so far that you have to throw it at them in the public forum and get people to chime in, in order to get ANYTHING fixed in this game. Your hiding the threads (intended to bring public attention to the problems) does a disservice to this game.
  • balranbalran Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've been experiencing the same issue today as well, particularly in the more populated zones. Normally I would not have a problem zoning into Beta Ursae, but today it hung just as it would when I try to zone into DS9 or ESD. Those zones have been problems zones since they started testing for Free to Play and I have yet to see a dev chime in anything about it.

Just because they patch and suddenly zones start to hang and load properly doesn't mean the issue is our systems. Patches that we download and install to the game doesn't change our system hardware, specs or settings. I'd like to see that patch that could change our hardware for us just by downloading it.
  • theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was having problems yesterday too. Well, I always have some pretty long load times, especially in the populated places (ESD, Sol, DS9, etc), so during Tour the Universe runs, I turn my settings down so low my toaster can run it. This helps a lot (though I still have minute-plus loading times for ESD, which seriously slows down my run).

But yesterday, I spent a grand total of about 25 minutes of the hour looking at loading screens for just ESD and Sol. That's just ridiculous. I even lost my last two payouts because loading Gamma Orionus took several times longer than it should have - longer than even when I have my settings on High. Spending almost half of my time at loading screens isn't my idea of a fun race.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can confirm this on my end. It's almost every loading screen now. Taking at least 3 mins to load, sometimes going up to almost 30 mins for ds9 or esd.

Have also started have serious lag. Something has happened to the server imo and it is not just server load.
    I need a beer.