test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Gamer Season 7 Launch Date and Trailer Exclusive

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited November 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Our friends at PC Gamer are giving you the exclusive first look at our new trailer for Season 7: New Romulus, as well as revealing its launch date. Watch it now here.

Link to the exclusive reveal.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nice trailer.

But it feels a step back in some ways. Did H2Orat do this one? His felt like they had a bit of narrative punch whereas this feels like a feature list. And as good as it is, man, I think it probably undersells the good parts of S7 if anything.
  • hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited November 2012
    Impressive, cant wait!
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • caileachcaileach Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So next Tuesday I can finally get my Vesta?!
    When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative: violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way.
  • djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited November 2012
    So Season 7 gets installed on Tuesday? Does this mean that the photon torpedoes and the medical staff have been pushed back to the Tuesday after?
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
  • robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Captain Harrison would be so proud!

Tuesday!
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm looking forward to the Vesta but I don't see a whole lot of content there. Unfortunately, it's clear that grind means content in this game now. I guess I'll just have to wait for the third year anniversary for some story based content in the form of a Feature Episode Series.
  • kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Let's get nuts.
  • zmacgzmacg Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I love all the new content! New Romulus is like a whole different game embedded within STO. If anyone hasn't had the chance to try it on Tribble, check it out! Sadly the only thing I haven't had a chance to try is the "Mine Trap" mission. The que on Tribble for that mission never seems to make it to 20 :(
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Very nice! Can you tell us who did the voiceover for the Borg Queen?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Very nice! Can you tell us who did the voiceover for the Borg Queen?

Sounds like Alice Krige!
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited November 2012
    just give me the vesta and ill put the phaser down :D
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yay for publicity.

Not that its worth anything, but my critique of the trailer would be that its dull. It should have capitalized much more on the story progression of the New Romulas Colony. How, players progression through a reputation system effects the development of that story through personalized cutscenes and physical additions to the environment. It needed more detail about exploration, and it really needed better combat scenes where we can see what those ships are shooting at. I only knew it was the Tholians because it was said so and I saw the web etc. But what are Tholians (if I was a prospective new player).

No mention of the drop rate changes either. How are people who left this game out of STF drop rate disgust going to know about those changes? I doubt the Season 7 new features email will sufficiently convey this information.

I think I'll end it there. Better luck next time.

Sounds like Alice Krige!

I actually get a shiver down my spine when I even read her name.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You forget to mention the part about more grinding and additional dilithium sinks, not to mention the STF currency conversion which, once again, screws everybody. :P
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nice :) It's going to feel like a REAL season with the new adventure zone. Looks like a good place to launch a Romulan faction from in the future.
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Why can't info be revealed on the official forums instead of in podcasts and on external sites?
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have enjoyed what of season 7 I was able to play on tribble. I can't wait to see it live so I can check out the embassy. I may get the Vesta for my science captain, though I was saving up for the Atrox (he is Caitian after all). One question though. When will we finally see the Ambassador? I know it was mentioned that it could be tied into a story.
  • darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    scififan78 wrote: »
    I have enjoyed what of season 7 I was able to play on tribble. I can't wait to see it live so I can check out the embassy. I may get the Vesta for my science captain, though I was saving up for the Atrox (he is Caitian after all). One question though. When will we finally see the Ambassador? I know it was mentioned that it could be tied into a story.

The Ambassador class is part of one of the Season 8 stories or maybe they will be nice and make it the 3rd Anniversary free ship since that have said that a story is involved this time around but that means it is still a ways off from release.
  • fleetadmcassityfleetadmcassity Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Good Trailer and flair for the forthcoming Season 7.

Tues is not that far off ... and we have been expecting the big patch.

Thanks for the update / preview.

I played during the Tribble Test Weekend, its glad to see that most of the kinks have been resolved.
    Fleet Admiral Cassity
    Delta Fleet
  • avoidgodlik3avoidgodlik3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    so nothing for the Empire? too bad you see not all your players are federation fan boys!
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    so nothing for the Empire? too bad you see not all your players are federation fan boys!

You get to fight the Vesta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • queetzqueetz Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Whoo hoo! Finally its coming! I can't wait to get my hands on the Vesta this Tuesday! :cool:
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    psymantis wrote: »
    Why can't info be revealed on the official forums instead of in podcasts and on external sites?

I know right? I thought that was the benefit for being a member of a forum community. You get a sneak peek or an earlier heads up of what is to come.

Being a fed fanboy is a prerequisite for landing a job with cryptic/pwe. If you're a kdf fan your resume is shredded and burned with the ashes sent off into the wind, never to be seen again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A. Wow that trailer sucked. Should have hired RachelGarrett or whoever it was that made the last epic trailer.

B. LOL at the 100 lockboxes that should have dropped in that amount of gameplay getting edited out.

C. Next Tuesday! My Sci Lt. Cmdr isnt ready to take command of his Vesta yet!
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I know right? I thought that was the benefit for being a member of a forum community. You get a sneak peek or an earlier heads up of what is to come.

Let's see, you're posting in a thread on the STO official forums talking about the reveal and providing a link to said reveal. You've also seen the Tribble patchnotes for the last 3 weeks (I didn't see those posted anywhere but here); and were invited to play on the Tribble test server last weekend, and if you did so for an hour, you get a special reward after S7 launches that will only be made available to those that tested...

My point? How much more of an 'early' preview for being a member of this community do you want?
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Being a fed fanboy is a prerequisite for landing a job with cryptic/pwe. If you're a kdf fan your resume is shredded and burned with the ashes sent off into the wind, never to be seen again.

I can tell you from conversations, they probably have more Klingon fans than Fed fans around the offices. (And in terms of high placement, the Romulan fans have Feds and KDF all beat.)

They're a business. What they want to do is not always what they do. And I'm not talking about orders from PWE.

I'm saying they have teams crunch numbers. They listen to the numbers they get, ahead of what they want to do personally.

S8 looks to be another round of faction neutral content but this one is Klingon-themed and looks like it will decisively touch on where Klingons are going.
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    caileach wrote: »
    So next Tuesday I can finally get my Vesta?!

just don't be like the Enterprise B and leave space dock without a tractor beam and a medical crew.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The Ambassador class is part of one of the Season 8 stories or maybe they will be nice and make it the 3rd Anniversary free ship since that have said that a story is involved this time around but that means it is still a ways off from release.

If they do it as a free ship they may do it like a oddy where they give a free one then a month or two later release the ship on the Cstore updated and with a console
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I too find it a bit odd that they announce S 7 on other places than the official forums/website.

Also, PC Gamer is not very big in my country, and the mags are imported to boot, and thus making them very expensive to buy.

I would rather have the announcements here on the OFFICIAL forums/website, than having to read a short and rather meager announcement on another site...

I'm glad to have the date offcourse, but still find the announcement method odd...
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    See you at Roxy's on DS9 next Wednesday before the Great Conversion! :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    See you at Roxy's on DS9 next Wednesday before the Great Conversion! :D

You meant after, it happens on tuesday the day before Wednesday ;)