test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Gamer Season 7 Launch Date and Trailer Exclusive

Comments

• daloschooldaloschool Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So Season 7 gets installed on Tuesday? Does this mean that the photon torpedoes and the medical staff have been pushed back to the Tuesday after?

Probably... but hey, the Nexus isn't coming around until 2412, so no problem... unless they take it out of spacedock. :D
    - Dalo Lorn's school account.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    You meant after, it happens on tuesday the day before Wednesday ;)

Oh that's right, that's confusing, since updates are often on thursday and i read thursday... :D See you on monday at Roxy's then!
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • bullschizzybullschizzy Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Soon, DS9 will be a hallow shell of it's former glory, the halls will be empty, Quarks will go out of business, Kurland will be forced to resign.....:(
    "buying a subscription to STO is a lot like feeding pigeons, you give them food, they give you.......well you know":rolleyes:
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Oh that's right, that's confusing, since updates are often on thursday and i read thursday... :D See you on monday at Roxy's then!

I'll be there even though I have already liquidated 90% of my stf stuff :D

Lets call it The End Of An Era Party!
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Everyone, disable your on-demand patching for this update.
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Darn. If only it could have been Monday.
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Soon, DS9 will be a hallow shell of it's former glory, the halls will be empty, Quarks will go out of business, Kurland will be forced to resign.....:(

At least Zone chat will be palatable. Won't have to worry about an endless stream of idiot elitists who don't know what they're talking about, the constant moaning of PUGs and terrible Gorn jokes!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • nwlnwl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Darn. If only it could have been Monday.

My thoughts exactly. Now I have to have my parents get on my computer while i am at work just to do the patch for me.
    edited November 2012
    topset wrote: »
    At least Zone chat will be palatable. Won't have to worry about an endless stream of idiot elitists who don't know what they're talking about, the constant moaning of PUGs and terrible Gorn jokes!
    Gorn Jokes are everywhere. They watch you when you sleep.
    edited November 2012
    nwl wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly. Now I have to have my parents get on my computer while i am at work just to do the patch for me.
    Play STO now, exit, and let the prepatch happen. Then you won't have to worry about downloading it on tuesday.
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    But it feels a step back in some ways.

I don't understand. I don't see any backward steps in the trailer, could you explain this
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    topset wrote: »

dont you worry. I bet you the very same day S7 goes up, New Romulus will hear the chat tremble the words: Gorn with the Wind

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
    edited November 2012
    Play STO now, exit, and let the prepatch happen. Then you won't have to worry about downloading it on tuesday.

I have tried but the pre-patch doesn't complete. I get about halfway then it closes and i try it again and same thing.
    edited November 2012
    nwl wrote: »
    I have tried but the pre-patch doesn't complete. I get about halfway then it closes and i try it again and same thing.
    Do you have tribble downloaded? If not, download it. The prepatch will copy all the new data from Tribble to Holodeck.
    edited November 2012
    Do you have tribble downloaded? If not, download it. The prepatch will copy all the new data from Tribble to Holodeck.

I do. I will try that.
    edited November 2012

and it did not work
  • doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I dont play Call of Duty, Im a Battlefield guy myself. But was it smart to release on Call of Duty Black Ops II release day? Oh well, not my metrics to worry about. Maybe it will be less of a log jam to login that day with all the COD fanboys not giving STO a second thought.
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    His felt like they had a bit of narrative punch whereas this feels like a feature list.

That's what I got out of it. I expected more of an actual trailer, but I got a condensed version of the devblogs set to video.
  • ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    Lets call it The End Of An Era Party!
    /THIS! :)

My favorite unofficial title from now on:

Season 7: The End Of An Era

Appropriate in sooo many ways...
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Very nice trailer! Makes one look forward to Season 7.
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Captain Harrison would be so proud!

Tuesday!

You mean Capt. Herron or as I call him Capt Tuesday.

Nice trailer I thought we would be finghting the Romulans as well.I hope we get to make one up although I ma pro Fed and some what Klink.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • paragon92518paragon92518 Member Posts: 268
    edited November 2012
    scififan78 wrote: »
    I have enjoyed what of season 7 I was able to play on tribble. I can't wait to see it live so I can check out the embassy. I may get the Vesta for my science captain, though I was saving up for the Atrox (he is Caitian after all). One question though. When will we finally see the Ambassador? I know it was mentioned that it could be tied into a story.

If the State of the Game: November 2012 Blog is read you'll notice the way it is worded. I'll paste the specific portion in orange below that I am referencing:

"As we move into the New Year, we will start to give some sneak-peeks related to our 3rd Anniversary Event scheduled to launch in early February. As an early teaser, this years' anniversary will have its own special Feature Episode and reward, so stay tuned for more info on that."

I know that comment is encouraging, but "open-ended" however,....if you combine that message with Priority One podcast Episode 97 New Frontiers: The Dan Stahl Interview beginning approx. 40 some odd minutes into the interview, Stahl explains the Ambassador Class could arrive as early as the holidays, but due to scheduling of employees, he couldn't yet commit. This was weeks ago. But it would appear that scheduling has since been arranged. Combined together (P1 podcast, and the blog comment), heavily suggest we will be seeing the Ambassador Class as STO's 3rd Anniversary approaches.
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    age03 wrote: »
    You mean Capt. Herron or as I call him Capt Tuesday.

Nice trailer I thought we would be finghting the Romulans as well.I hope we get to make one up although I ma pro Fed and some what Klink.

It's Harriman, people. Captain John Harriman. :P
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If the State of the Game: November 2012 Blog is read you'll notice the way it is worded. I'll paste the specific portion in orange below that I am referencing:

"As we move into the New Year, we will start to give some sneak-peeks related to our 3rd Anniversary Event scheduled to launch in early February. As an early teaser, this years' anniversary will have its own special Feature Episode and reward, so stay tuned for more info on that."

I know that comment is encouraging, but "open-ended" however,....if you combine that message with Priority One podcast Episode 97 New Frontiers: The Dan Stahl Interview beginning approx. 40 some odd minutes into the interview, Stahl explains the Ambassador Class could arrive as early as the holidays, but due to scheduling of employees, he couldn't yet commit. This was weeks ago. But it would appear that scheduling has since been arranged. Combined together (P1 podcast, and the blog comment), heavily suggest we will be seeing the Ambassador Class as STO's 3rd Anniversary approaches.

Okay, so we have a tanky cruiser, (The Odyssey ), We have cruisers that favor tactical, (the Excelsior and the assault cruiser refit).
    Any guesses what flavor this one will come in? I'm thinkin it will be kind of sciencey. But since we're gettin the Vesta, maybe not...

I'm hopin the Ambassador will have enough punch to keep up with the excellsior and the Vesta. HEY, maybe it will be a skin for the Excellsior?

Anyway, it's another cruiser.............:rolleyes:

I hope the KDF gets a cool ship too. Weren't the Klinks involved with this ship's history too? They could easily work in a Klink ship in too without too much thought me thinks.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Tuesday is the day but what time will the servers go down?
  • nxnovacatnxnovacat Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I hope the KDF gets a cool ship too. Weren't the Klinks involved with this ship's history too? They could easily work in a Klink ship in too without too much thought me thinks.

K'vort-Class Birds of Prey would be nice :D
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    psymantis wrote: »
    Tuesday is the day but what time will the servers go down?
    I'd like to echo this question.
  • redstarsweredstarswe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A bit strange to hear the revealing of the s7 launch date from a third party source rather than from the horses mouth itself, but nevertheless welcome. I hope the downtime will be at 6am-3pm GMT+1 but I am probably not going to be so lucky...
    A contract is a contract...(but only between Ferengi).
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    redstarswe wrote: »
    A bit strange to hear the revealing of the s7 launch date from a third party source rather than from the horses mouth itself, but nevertheless welcome. I hope the downtime will be at 6am-3pm GMT+1 but I am probably not going to be so lucky...

dont worry. upload will start at 4pm and will last 10pm. to download the patch will take an hour, and you will encounter log in queues too, so by if you are lucky, you will be logged in :)

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • stultus1980stultus1980 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Can't wait to get the Vesta. Zen already bought and transfered. Shame I'll have to wait until I get home from work (UK time). Don't fly off with all the Vestas, guys! Resources are limited during wartime and they may not be able to make me another.