Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - November 2, 2012

1235»

Comments

• Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hatepwe wrote: »
    Was there a new patch? I played on tribble last night and just got a patch...

I was just looking on the boards to ask the same question.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Last I saw, it was there. It's called "Wells Uniform" and isn't tagged as new. Buried somewhere odd on the list.

I just checked the lobi store and it's not there.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,793 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just checked the lobi store and it's not there.

It disappeared sometime Saturday, I believe. I have it on one toon but a friend of mine that wanted to check out out, couldn't find it. When I checked the store, it was gone but my one Tribble toon is still wearing it. The color pallets for the top is fine but the pallet for the pants is not the same as the Fed pallet. I'm guessing that is why they aren't up on Tribble currently.

Uniform I have on my Tribble toon

I have no idea what happened to my toons eyes.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Apparently...

Like certain other things that guys do...

Time Travel is bad for ones eyesight.

<chuckle>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    Apparently...

Like certain other things that guys do...

Time Travel is bad for ones eyesight.

<chuckle>

I have to agree those time jumpsuits are well - not pleasing to me.

Everyone knows how they created the effect in ENT? The weaved dozens of rubber tubes into a body suit.

Edit - i was talking about the jumpsuit - different outfit
  • Options
    zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hatepwe wrote: »
    Was there a new patch? I played on tribble last night and just got a patch...

There was a patch this morning, to fix some alerts we were getting.

Coincidentally, the Chef that's an Embassy unlock is no longer available to hail remotely, via the journal.

;)
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There was a patch this morning, to fix some alerts we were getting.

Coincidentally, the Chef that's an Embassy unlock is no longer available to hail remotely, via the journal.

;)

Well, while you're at sneaky patching, the path for the Brave New Waterfalls accolade has been blocked off. The geometry of one of the stones right before you reach the waterfall has been altered, it's no longer possible to pass. As such, the accolade cannot be completed.
  • Options
    dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    icegavel wrote: »
    Well, while you're at sneaky patching, the path for the Brave New Waterfalls accolade has been blocked off. The geometry of one of the stones right before you reach the waterfall has been altered, it's no longer possible to pass. As such, the accolade cannot be completed.

You probably need to post that in the New Romulus Feedback thread so that Tumerboy can fix it.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    icegavel wrote: »

Ya, we reduced the polygon counts on the larger rocks to improve performance all around. Those Accolade paths will be restored soon.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can't reproduce this, on Holodeck.
    Can you give me steps on how to make this happen?

Thanks!

Ok, so, before I go over to school...

1. Create Foundry mission. :rolleyes:

2. Create a map, an object, a dialog with at least 2 prompts (or if it doesn't let you select the first prompt of a dialog, which I think it doesn't, then 3 prompts).

3. Try to set the object to appear when both prompts are reached. If I remember correctly, it will CTD the moment you create the second option using "Add Component". If not, it'll CTD somewhere after that, possibly when you try to actually SELECT it.

Could it be possible that it was silently fixed with no patch notes? (or less likely, that I didn't notice it in the patch notes)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    joshl7889joshl7889 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    There is NO major change in the curve until after Tier 3 - then it goes vertical. So reducing 1-3 does not make sense.

"It was a dedicated experiment for me" - true - but under the current system if I was to start over it would take no more than 2 months doing the same - and I barely used the duty packs from the academy - so does not make sense again.

currently common doffs are 1/2 or 1/3 the price on the exchange that they were. Does not make sense to lower.

There was no fleet vendor when I started - now there is - does not make sense to lower.

Doff grinder cost is irrelevent when talking about commons - I did not usde it to upgride to green then down grind to common again - lowering does not make sense again.

Yes embassy is new but my fall back MAIN position:

Given ALL the harder inputs and less outputs of doffs that were availible to me - 1 person - one person - me and only me - numero uno - just 1 and only 1 could complete a TIER 3 t-i-e-r THREE starbase in 3 1/2 months!!

For a "fleet' which usually mean 5+ there is ZERO(no pun intended) that they could not do the same without any doff reductions in the same amout of time!

The system was built off 25 people - so that makes what I was able to accomplish is just over 3 months - PROVE that tier 0-3 is EXTREMELY EASY

Nothing can dispute that given my accomplishment and the data used to construct current starbase requirements.

No reduction below Tier 3 is needed.

dude idk wat u r smokin, my fleet JUST i repeat JUST made T2. and its not just the duty officers that the problem. its the dilithium too. that needs to be reduced or the cap needs to be increased one of the two. since now we have multipule things needing our resources. so YES the reduction was and still is needed to be improved upon.
    *Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
    *Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
    *Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    ranting

You sir, are by no means a casual player.

A casual player has one maybe two chars, most likely no cstore purchases besides fluff, and maybe an energy credit balance in the lower seven figures. Hell, I know dedicated players that still struggle with energy credits.

All the things you need to pull of larger starbase inputs are enhancements a casual player won't get. EC cap increase, doff roster increase, more character slots to refine more dilithium per day. Won't happen with a casual player.

From what I could see on tribble most (aka replicator, com array, shipyard and base) upgrade projects stayed exactly the same, 1k xp and buff projects profit from halfed doff costs, operational assets from 'normalizing' doff spec to department (amount stays the same). Equipment provisions stay the same too.

The biggest advantage you now have is that you no longer need to keep track of the various doff specs you get from your recruitments and have to store them somewhere for later use.

It doesn't change that you still pay more for 5 buffs each increasing tier and neither does it change that almost noone requisitions operational assets because of their very very limited use.

It was your choice how you achieved your tier 3 starbase, and it doesn't devaluate your achievement either. If at all it makes it more impressive because you managed it before it became easier.
  • Options
    dan512dan512 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You mean no more heart of targ that ive sunk over 30 million into so far for my fleet.

THANK GOD!
  • Options
    carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    neither does it change that almost noone requisitions operational assets because of their very very limited use.

Actually their quite useful in fleet events. IF you can afford them. I've seen one or two at work to devestating effect. but when it's 60 very spsecific doffs it's just too hard to get enough provishions to justify using them. It's not a total fix we realy need a 1 provishion to 1 doff ratio IMHO, but it's a huge boost.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    carl103 wrote: »
    Actually their quite useful in fleet events. IF you can afford them. I've seen one or two at work to devestating effect. but when it's 60 very spsecific doffs it's just too hard to get enough provishions to justify using them. It's not a total fix we realy need a 1 provishion to 1 doff ratio IMHO, but it's a huge boost.

Let's do the math on the reduced military op assets 2:

600 FMs - count them as free for the time being.
    120 White Doffs - let's say 15k EC each: 1.8 mil
    250 Warp Coils - 200k EC
    3.000 Provisions - 225k EC

Gets you 15 Op asset requisitions: ~150k EC per asset

For me 150k EC for a glorified one time use party popper still is too much.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Ok, so, before I go over to school...

1. Create Foundry mission. :rolleyes:

2. Create a map, an object, a dialog with at least 2 prompts (or if it doesn't let you select the first prompt of a dialog, which I think it doesn't, then 3 prompts).

3. Try to set the object to appear when both prompts are reached. If I remember correctly, it will CTD the moment you create the second option using "Add Component". If not, it'll CTD somewhere after that, possibly when you try to actually SELECT it.

Could it be possible that it was silently fixed with no patch notes? (or less likely, that I didn't notice it in the patch notes)

New issue I found: When making assignments spread throughout multiple Cryptic maps, the story refuses to progress unless I reset the map. Clearly, this is not an option outside Foundry testing, and my new KDF mission has been damaged by it.

Name: A Rescue in Time
    ID: Don't know. I don't read the IDs :(
    Review count: 0. It hasn't been completed by anybody, and I had to skip through that section of the mission due to the fact that I can't seem to warp through places. Meaning I'm stuck on Qo'noS.
    Faction: KDF, as evidenced by above statement.

How to reproduce: Make several mission objectives throughout multiple Cryptic (social zone) maps. In my case, the original mission had you at Klingon Academy (moved to First City forge), then at First City - the council chamber, and finally on Drozana. While the updated version lets you progress as far as Drozana, the dialogue with Garlianto freezes the story.

Please don't tell me I have to move the whole thing to First City :(

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So here's my suggestion - I think that if you are going to charge dilithium for the general recruitment at Starfleet Academy, then when a fleet enables the Personnel Officer for their starbase, they should be able to do the general recruitment from there for free.

If you enable the bartender on your starbase, then their menu should reflect the items that fleet members are able to replicate - for instance, if someone has a Cardassian bartender, the starbase bartender should be able to replicate Cardassian Kanar. Same with the Chef. At the very least, make the inputs as upgrades - so I could donate my Cardassian Chef to the starbase, and our starbase Chef then could replicate Cardassian Tasper Eggs for anyone in the fleet.

Same general theory for any of the other "special" officers - make it worthwhile to enable these things on the base.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • Options
    carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For me 150k EC for a glorified one time use party popper still is too much.

Since their not glorified party poppers thats not actually too horribad. it's still way lower than i'd like as you just can't aquirre them anywhere enar as fast as your fleet is going to use them if they make serious use of them, (20hr missions and all that), but it's not an actually bad cost, even if i'd be happy to see it markedly lowred.
  • Options
    zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Name: A Rescue in Time
    ID: Don't know. I don't read the IDs :(
    Review count: 0. It hasn't been completed by anybody, and I had to skip through that section of the mission due to the fact that I can't seem to warp through places. Meaning I'm stuck on Qo'noS.
    Faction: KDF, as evidenced by above statement.

Without the ID, we'll be unable to investigate this.

As to the other issue you reported, it doesn't occur for me. I did have a few patch notes for Foundry fixes on Tribble. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Without the ID, we'll be unable to investigate this.

As to the other issue you reported, it doesn't occur for me. I did have a few patch notes for Foundry fixes on Tribble. :)

I was afraid you were going to say that. Hopping into the Foundry to grab the ID...

Still, I find it unusual that nobody ever stumbled upon such an issue during S6 testing or S6 itself. :confused:

ST-HKR8Z7CGE. Hold on... CGE? I don't play CGE? :rolleyes: