What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - November 2, 2012

Comments

• Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just wanted to say that the new loading screens look much better, and a lot more professional. ;)
  • Options
    levonscottlevonscott Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have today played over three hours of Tribble to test for bugs and see the new content, and I must say I am amazed! I also have so-far found four bugs:

1. Square Screen: It may just be for Tribble, but the actual screen goes square, unlike Holodeck. If there is a fix - I would like to know... It is so annoying, I had to re-arrange my whole HUD to suit...

2. EV Suit Activation: The EV suits I have tried (3, to be precise) have their activation button (left of the navigation jump button) not there - the background is there, although the button isn't. I found a way around, if you go into the Powers Menu (P) it will be on the top, that you can drag into the bar (Activate EV Suit). You can then take it out of the taskbar and replace it with it's old icon. If there is a fix, that would also be helpful.

3. Curser Problem: Every once in a while my curser will take a random distorted form, that is, in the game, and out! The only fix I have had is restarting the computer. This is the most annoying problem, because even after the game is closed, the problem still occurs. If this is just my computer or not, I can no tell.

4: System Crashing: Also every once in a while, while loading an un-encountered map (for me on Tribble, anyway) my whole computer would go blank, with the backlight still on. I would Ctrl+Alt+Del and I would have a message saying that the OS couldn't load security options, and to either close this menu and try again or Power-Off the computer. I did the former, and it worked, the game loaded perfectly into the new map. This would happen 3 more times, when which it would not re-occur. This is, therefore, not much of an issue now for me, although quite of a scare for some less-experienced/faint-hearted users. If it could be fixed, it would save a lot of hassle/worry from the new to computing.

All in all - Season Seven looks like a beauty, and if these few minor bugs that I have encountered can be fixed, would be eternally grateful.

Levon,
    Vice Admrial
    Fleet Admiral Levon - USS Justice, USS Knowledge, USS Unity - Presidio, Geneva, and Concorde-class Command Battlecruisers
    Dahar Master K'Levon - USS Colossus H - Fleet Qib-class Intelligence Battlecruiser
    Fleet Admiral D'Levon - USS Fulcrum F - Upgraded Ar'Kif-class Tactical Carrier Warbird
    XJDs74b.jpg
    To boldly go...
  • Options
    maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ok , love the change to bartender and chef mission . But just Q, if someone will have slotted that mission, bartender or chef. What will happen with the resources what are in the mission already when S7 hit ?
  • Options
    lordhooklordhook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Those are some very startling figures DJ. Well put. Given that the unlocks do provide other advantages I'm prepared to pay for rep gain, but I have to agree the end gear cost needs to ether drop or the rewards need to rise. 400k Dilithium plus 60 days to reach the point we are basically at right now, then another 40 hours x6 pieces so another 10 days to actually unlock set gear nor including ship weapons. So 70 Days of effort at-least. How can that be a 60% decrease on the amount of time it takes to collect a set by the current grind system? That is all assuming you can collect all the require dilithium, DoFF, Commodities, and miscellaneous items perfectly on time, which is pretty unlikely for most folks, I would say 90 days is a safe figure for most folks.

I play 4 hours per weekend, that means players like me will never get it. :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    PLEASE, what happened to the issue where trying to assign more than one dialog to "Dialog Prompt Complete" caused a CTD? My new Foundry mission has been on hold for months because of it - and there's been no new dev info since Brandon said you were looking into it.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I thought they were removing this 1st place TRIBBLE from FA's?
    Still no team work then and everyone playing rambo, they will still be empty again, they dont listen to us at all.
  • Options
    seekerkorhilseekerkorhil Member Posts: 472
    edited November 2012
    I dont see the patch note that explains the reduced effectiveness of Attack Pattern Beta III from -44.9 damage resistance to -33.4. Thats a 25% nerf to the holodeck value.

Did it get missed?
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    More Dilithium sinks.... still only an 8k daily cap...
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    gypsyblade wrote: »

This. The Cap could easily be doubled, i dont understand there refusal to listen to there playerbase.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The Dilithum cap is too low now. Even with the little extra I get for a veteran reward, it's still much to low now with all the projects and items. I've spent a good deal of money on Zen for a variety of things from ships to doff packs, but I simply draw the line at buying Dilithum with it. Once someone is at 0, it's incredibly difficult to built up a large supply when you can only refine 8-10K a day. I don't mean to say it's hard to get Dil (it's time consuming, especially for Feds, but even so for KDF with their much broader options for Dil), but with all the places to dump it, it means you either have to leave your fleet hanging because you're saving up for some item, or you never get to buy the items because you're using your Dil to support your fleet.

I fully understand and appreciate the reasons for the refine cap, but because of the substantial sink in place for Dilithium now, I think it should be raised substantially (~ double what it is now).
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kvet wrote: »
    The Dilithum cap is too low now. Even with the little extra I get for a veteran reward, it's still much to low now with all the projects and items. I've spent a good deal of money on Zen for a variety of things from ships to doff packs, but I simply draw the line at buying Dilithum with it. Once someone is at 0, it's incredibly difficult to built up a large supply when you can only refine 8-10K a day. I don't mean to say it's hard to get Dil (it's time consuming, especially for Feds, but even so for KDF with their much broader options for Dil), but with all the places to dump it, it means you either have to leave your fleet hanging because you're saving up for some item, or you never get to buy the items because you're using your Dil to support your fleet.

I fully understand and appreciate the reasons for the refine cap, but because of the substantial sink in place for Dilithium now, I think it should be raised substantially (~ double what it is now).

they have already said it is stopping where it is at atm (8000 a day)
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well, now we know why duty officer requisition at the academy is so expensive, it is their intend to make them a much more rare and valuable commodity, even the starbase projects sound like their requirements for them are being slashed.

why? what the point of doing this? it was fine the way it was. thanks to those recruitment missions Ive finally been able to amass a very small fortune of EC, and its one of the main ways to level recruitment cxp. there REALLY needs to be new ways to get recruitment CXP then.

The "General Recruitment" mission that gives the tradeable DOFF pack costs Dilithium, but the other four department-specific recruitment missions (that give two DOFFS each on success, three on a crit), and the three race-specific ones at the Academy (that give one DOFF each on success, three on a crit) are still free of charge. Players will be getting about 30% fewer free DOFFs over the long term with this arrangement, and upgrinding for qualities higher than green will be pricey.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kirksplat wrote: »
    AWESOME.

/10chars

Maybe, but the Foundry doesn't work so why bother? (either that or it's that damned lag <.<)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    You won't be needing green or higher duffs for starbase projects anymore, so there is no need for upgrading to the next higher quality anymore. :)
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    fewzz wrote: »
    This. The Cap could easily be doubled, i dont understand there refusal to listen to there playerbase.

I will give you guys a hint. it involves the Dilithium exchange.....
  • Options
    sekusei28sekusei28 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    no offense...but dilithium sink much???? so on top of having a starbase, you (cryptic) expect us to grind even more dilth for higher rewards...i dont mind doing that...but at least increase or REMOVE the daily cap.....8k a day is not enough to do any of this...

I agree either lower dil requirements or remove/double even triple daily cap.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,800 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When in PvP, I get a window that I can't close saying the fleet action has 0 players. This is annoying as it takes up space on my screen. The Starbase (whatever one it is) seems fine for a single player but way too easy in a team. The last build you pushed to Holodeck and on Tribble has digital audio drops. This needs to be fixed!
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dont know if its been reported or not but almost all of the space borg queen stf doesnt give a reward
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Meow, so the value of 'liffium needs to be raised again, it's sunken to 130 sumfin purr Zen at certain days. That's why they're putting 'liffium almeowst everywhere. :)
  • Options
    levonscottlevonscott Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So noone knows the answers to my four bugs? If so - I would like a response :). Thanks!

Levon,
    Vice Admiral
    Fleet Admiral Levon - USS Justice, USS Knowledge, USS Unity - Presidio, Geneva, and Concorde-class Command Battlecruisers
    Dahar Master K'Levon - USS Colossus H - Fleet Qib-class Intelligence Battlecruiser
    Fleet Admiral D'Levon - USS Fulcrum F - Upgraded Ar'Kif-class Tactical Carrier Warbird
    XJDs74b.jpg
    To boldly go...
  • Options
    praxian2012praxian2012 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There is no Dilithium awarded for STF's.

There is no conversions for Encrypted Data Chips available. EDC's that are in your inventory do not x-fer over into omega marks as I understood it.

I (personally) am immensely -unhappy- with how the new Omega / Romulan faction stuff is setup to be more "Starbase" like with things that require 1 day 6 hour quests to complete. If this is supposed to represent word of mouth spreading, it takes far less than 1 day 6 hours to spread a rumor. Start a rumor on the forums and see how long it takes to spread around.

The 8k Dilithium cap at this point needs to be either increased or removed. 8k / day is just not an acceptable cap with so many thing requiring Dilithium.

Lastly, the "personal" quests for Omega / Romulan faction should still be lower still. No one can help you with these (aside from consumables), and the costs (esp in dilithium) is still too expensive. I can see the Dilithium cost if there's an item being given, but no item, just a bonus to your "reputation", a Dilithium cost to add to a personal rep is imo uncalled for.
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Last I checked they had increased the payouts for stfs. Estfs were giving 960 and normals were 480.

Its amazing how long old information hangs around.
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There is no conversions for Encrypted Data Chips available. EDC's that are in your inventory do not x-fer over into omega marks as I understood it.

They wanted to get it up for Tribble Test Weekend but didn't make the deadline for one reason or another.

They do expect the STF currency conversion to happen this week, though, and they've said people will have time to examine and make their choices on what to do with their currencies.

EDIT with source: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6377641&postcount=3
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    entnx01 wrote: »
    They wanted to get it up for Tribble Test Weekend but didn't make the deadline for one reason or another.

They do expect the STF currency conversion to happen this week, though, and they've said people will have time to examine and make their choices on what to do with their currencies.

EDIT with source: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6377641&postcount=3

It's a bit too shady for my tastes. While yes, it's entirely possible, something that is THAT much of an issue should have been addressed already. Taking away something people have earned and not spent and holding it until they complete a new system is wrong on so many levels, so they should have posted the rates to the forums if they couldn't patch them in the test weekend. Answering the question about the rates with "go test on tribble" and not putting the thing on tribble just makes it look like they're going to shortchange a lot of people and are trying to make it less noticeable.

As for the dilithium costs, it's getting too much for me. I'm a casual player, i play maybe 7-8 STF's to make the cap (not always though as i pug and sometimes the team just doesn't work), but i don't have time to run a ton of missions. I can understand moving the dilithium from the STF's to the fleet actions to try and get people to play those, but with everything costing D in Season 7, i'm not going to be able to keep up, raised cap or not. It's reasonable that Cryptic is in it for the money being a P2W game and all, but it's starting to seem like buying dilithium is a little less of a "suggested method" and becoming more of a shove. Adding it to crafting killed crafting for a lot of people, adding to everything else might not be well liked either. Please find some way to make it more friendly to those who don't have hours upon hours to grind or hundreds of dollars to buy it.
  • Options
    partizan81partizan81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    All Mk XII Ground Set Projects
    Borg Neural Processor cost increased from 5 to 10

Maco/Omega/KHG Mk XII Space Set Projects

Nobody else in 9 pages happened to mention this, so I guess I will. So now it's 30 ESTFs per set instead of 15? More grind seemed appropriate? Come on.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Before that, you had to do 100 ESTF's and not even sure to get ONE set piece. This is still acceptable.
  • Options
    jinto2976jinto2976 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Why is the vesta testing restricted and how do we get put on a list to test it?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    The Relativitiey uniform has disappeared from the Lobi Store on Tribble. Yeah, the color pallets were messed but I wanted it for another toon. :P Please reconsider dumping this in the Lobi Store. It's a uniform and should be in the C-Store as an account-wide unlock.
  • Options
    matthewfelixmatthewfelix Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    partizan81 wrote: »
    All Mk XII Ground Set Projects

Maco/Omega/KHG Mk XII Space Set Projects

Nobody else in 9 pages happened to mention this, so I guess I will. So now it's 30 ESTFs per set instead of 15? More grind seemed appropriate? Come on.

It seems like less of a grind to me than what is currently required.
    Before that, you had to do 100 ESTF's and not even sure to get ONE set piece. This is still acceptable.

I've seen people who have done 100 ESTfs and still not gotten a set piece, I've also seen people get a prototype borg weapon tech on their first run in an ESTF. That sort of randomness can get infuriating.

Overall I don't have a problem with the Omega Mark, Borg Neural Processor costs for the items, however I still think the Dilithium costs are a bit on the high side given all the dilithium required to even reach Tier 5, especially with all the other dilithium sinks that will be in the game in Season 7, they need to raise the 8k cap, and would it be too much to ask for the Veteran Dilithium Duty Officer mission to NOT require one of our 20 duty assignment slots since using it all the time would effectively penalize a veteran to have only have effectively 19 Doff Assignment slots, as I stopped even trying to do this assignment since by the time I get back to starfleet academy I tend to have all 20 assignment slots filled and I don't want to tie up a slot for 2 days when I can get more from that slot by using it for other things during that time. After all the mission based assignments in the DS9 featured episode series and the sickbay assignments ignore the 20 slot limitations, so the veteran dilithium assignment should also ignore this limitation. (Even then the veteran assignment wouldn't provide enough dilithium to really help resolve the issue, but it would help if it was truly viable for everyone to use without hampering the person's ability to carry out duty officer assignments.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    What has your team done to the graphics in this game? Into The Hive on DX11 keeps crashing without any error message. It's not my GPU either so don't even go there! I had to completely turn of AA and go back to DX9 to actually keep the game from crashing! This has only started happening on Tribble with season 7 and whatever you've done to AA also affects Holodeck above 2x. I can reproduce the crashing on my notebook as well with the same graphics settings. This build isn't even fit for a test server and you're going to ram it out Thursday to Holodeck! :(