What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - November 2, 2012

Comments

• Options
    sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    But this is a hell of a lot more livable than this was a week ago.

Agreed. Time will tell how livable it really is, but I am cautiously optimistic. At least, as someone above said, Cryptic has shown they are listening to our concerns....Thank you!:)
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I may have missed something somewhere but my odyssey science variant cruiser just gained a couple of extra ensign science boff stations.
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    I may have missed something somewhere but my odyssey science variant cruiser just gained a couple of extra ensign science boff stations.

HAX! :eek: ;)
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Still having a price tag of 30k+ dilithium for a single omega/borg/romulan mk 12 set item is a bit obscene when there is an 8k refinement limit, we are already having to spend a major time sink to get to tier 5 with these rep levels, then to have one complete set will cost ~100k Dilithium. At the current zen to Dilithium exchange rate of 1 to 158 that would cost over 600 zen to get enough dilithium for one set (which is probably PWE's intention)... also remember it costs dilithium to get those rep ranks up. And this has to be done for each character separately. There are many more dilithium sinks in season 7, and the stfs are having the dilithium rewards reduced, but still the 8k refinement limit is growing prohibitive with all these sinks.

They need to drop the dilithium costs significantly, and raise the (romulan/omega) mark and neural processor amounts to compensate yes the mk 11s in the dilithium store are 22k... but these mk 12s are over 10k higher and require a lot more effort than just the dilithium to get.

yeah but still power would cost u only 600 zen and thets 6$ try other pwe game and see how much realy power is worth 25k$+ mostly u will need for close to ultimate power there or even 40k+ for ultimate power and thet 6$ for power here dont look like much then
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6286901#post6286901 :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    cerberusfilmscerberusfilms Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2012

UI:
    • The Foundry mission review popup will no longer default to a 3 star rating.
      • A rating must be manually chosen.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY THIS MAKES US!!!! :-D :-D YAY

*dances*

*is a happy hell doggy*
    *licks all round* ....
    Foundry Enthusiast
    Machinima Person
    Did some things back in the day

Now a Games Developer and Researcher
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY THIS MAKES US!!!! :-D :-D YAY

*dances*

*is a happy hell doggy*
    *licks all round* ....

So you sending them cookies right?
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    cowbertcowbert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Still having a price tag of 30k+ dilithium for a single omega/borg/romulan mk 12 set item is a bit obscene when there is an 8k refinement limit, we are already having to spend a major time sink to get to tier 5 with these rep levels, then to have one complete set will cost ~100k Dilithium. At the current zen to Dilithium exchange rate of 1 to 158 that would cost over 600 zen to get enough dilithium for one set (which is probably PWE's intention)... also remember it costs dilithium to get those rep ranks up. And this has to be done for each character separately. There are many more dilithium sinks in season 7, and the stfs are having the dilithium rewards reduced, but still the 8k refinement limit is growing prohibitive with all these sinks.

They need to drop the dilithium costs significantly, and raise the (romulan/omega) mark and neural processor amounts to compensate yes the mk 11s in the dilithium store are 22k... but these mk 12s are over 10k higher and require a lot more effort than just the dilithium to get.

Dude, you make a over 1100 dil per STF run. Adding dil costs to the STF gear makes sense since people (me included) were definitely farming the hell out of getting what were essentially free STF gear sets while generating gobs of dil because of having to grind out STFs waiting for the prototype drops. On holodeck right now once you've gotten your Mk XI gear, you're handing in all your EDCs and salvage for dil, and it just keeps rolling in especially as you grind for the Mk XII sets. Once you're done gearing the generic borg Mk XII you'll start handing in the prototype salvage for dil. The current scheme just changes the slope of the dil gain curve. Once you obtain your gear, you can still run missions to generate dil (which is what we do are doing now anyway). Of course the number of STF runners continued to decline due to satiation when it took too long to get the Mk XII gear, and Cryptic had to do something to get people back into running STFs where the time it takes to get Mk XII was more deterministic.

8K dil gate is a time gate. Otherwise you'd all be gazillionaires with your high tiered crafting T5 SBs and purple doffs. Asking about the 8k dil gate is like asking CCP why training Battleship V in Eve takes 30 days of real time.
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Wow, so now we only need white duffs and only departemental ones? And up to now it was such a grind? Those who haven't started a fleet yet, start one now. :D This is awesome! :) The best change ever. Actually I wouldn't have minded to put in green, blue or even purrple duffs if they were NOT of a special kind like "transporter officer" or "security officer". Now I can milk even more white duff EC winnings out of the bonus duffs I get (tribble rewards etc.) when I create a new character. Thank you! :D

And yayness for ITH Space. :)
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    cerberusfilmscerberusfilms Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    zorbane wrote: »
    So you sending them cookies right?

Oh no, not yet.

Once we get Chroma Key Assets, then i'll send cookies. When demo record is fixed, cookies, cake and pie!
    Foundry Enthusiast
    Machinima Person
    Did some things back in the day

Now a Games Developer and Researcher
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,653 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Note: rewards are still being adjusted.

I got no Omega Marks or Dilithium the run I just did of Hive Space Normal...
  • Options
    matthewfelixmatthewfelix Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Imo they have in some areas and have not. I'm still not sure what a final set will cost but the upgrades are significantly less expensive and that's a pretty big deal. I can honestly say they're LISTENING. Is this perfect? Nope, but its a hell of a lot better than we expected. I was honest to god worried about season 7. Seeing these patch notes shows that they're backing up the jawing they were doing on the Dev blog 9 thread. There are more changes to be made. But this is a hell of a lot more livable than this was a week ago.

I agree they are listening, but Season 7 needs a bit more work before it goes live, and it is going live in probably less than a week. I'm merely saying more of what they need to still do.

cowbert wrote: »
    Dude, you make a over 1100 dil per STF run. Adding dil costs to the STF gear makes sense since people (me included) were definitely farming the hell out of getting what were essentially free STF gear sets while generating gobs of dil because of having to grind out STFs waiting for the prototype drops. On holodeck right now once you've gotten your Mk XI gear, you're handing in all your EDCs and salvage for dil, and it just keeps rolling in especially as you grind for the Mk XII sets. Once you're done gearing the generic borg Mk XII you'll start handing in the prototype salvage for dil. The current scheme just changes the slope of the dil gain curve. Once you obtain your gear, you can still run missions to generate dil (which is what we do are doing now anyway). Of course the number of STF runners continued to decline due to satiation when it took too long to get the Mk XII gear, and Cryptic had to do something to get people back into running STFs where the time it takes to get Mk XII was more deterministic.

8K dil gate is a time gate. Otherwise you'd all be gazillionaires with your high tiered crafting T5 SBs and purple doffs. Asking about the 8k dil gate is like asking CCP why training Battleship V in Eve takes 30 days of real time.

'Dude' read the patch notes and dev diaries, Elite STFs in Season 7 will no longer give 1100 Dilithium per run, try closer to under half that amount for an Elite STF.

In Season 7 you will get dilithium faster doing the twenty man events, where you can even get purple items if yuo do well enough in the events, than Elite STFs, this is by design according to the Devs as they see the STFs as a source of Omega Marks and as far as I can tell the only source for Borg neural Processors with Elite STFs. Even then if they gave 10 million Dilithium we are still capped at the refinement of 8k a day and it is that 8k limit that is the big issue with all these new dilithium sinks.

Heck pre-season 7 it was even easier than what your saying, do a few STFs get the old borg set (which isn't bad when you consider all the 3 borg + maco/other shield users out on holodeck right now) and use that till you either get the drops or the EDC to get a mk XI set opr at least teh shield you want, then grind till you get a MK XII set, or at lest the shield you want.

Now you have to grind out through tier 5 rep and then grind some more to have the dilithium to get the item. Even as someone who already has managed to get a mk 12 ground set and a mk 12 space set I think this new grind is requiring an excessive amount of dilithium compared to Omega/Romulan marks. Oh and you can't do the 3 borg + other shield combo now or the two borg two other set since they are splitting off the console into another set, which may not necessarily be a bad thing as I can see the issues that were popping up with the old borg set.

By the way if your wondering I already have a Mk 12 Maco ground set and a Mk 12 Maco space set... so this isn't a whining I want to get the set easier, this is are they seriously trying to force people to cough up that much dilithium with the 8k a day refinement issue.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nice foundry update.

One question though, why are space sets more expensive than ground ones? Is ground gameplay inferior to the space one? :o
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    metalkorekingmetalkoreking Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thank you for listening to the players in regards to the chef and bartender projects. While this won't affect my fleet, it will help lower tier fleets complete the projects in reasonable time and cost. I commend you for this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sweet. This will make my fleet happier. Although, we already did the Bartender project
    Replaced rare food/drink items from Bartender and Chef unlock projects with standard Food/Drink inputs.
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    cowbert wrote: »

Like... dude. Get with the times. The amount of dilithium from STFs is being reduced in Season 7. It will take longer to get the same amount of dilithium, that you may get today.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    lordhooklordhook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In Season 7 you will get dilithium faster doing the twenty man events, where you can even get purple items if yuo do well enough in the events, than Elite STFs, this is by design according to the Devs as they see the STFs as a source of Omega Marks and as far as I can tell the only source for Borg neural Processors with Elite STFs. Even then if they gave 10 million Dilithium we are still capped at the refinement of 8k a day and it is that 8k limit that is the big issue with all these new dilithium sinks.

Heck pre-season 7 it was even easier than what your saying, do a few STFs get the old borg set (which isn't bad when you consider all the 3 borg + maco/other shield users out on holodeck right now) and use that till you either get the drops or the EDC to get a mk XI set opr at least teh shield you want, then grind till you get a MK XII set, or at lest the shield you want.

Now you have to grind out through tier 5 rep and then grind some more to have the dilithium to get the item. Even as someone who already has managed to get a mk 12 ground set and a mk 12 space set I think this new grind is requiring an excessive amount of dilithium compared to Omega/Romulan marks. Oh and you can't do the 3 borg + other shield combo now or the two borg two other set since they are splitting off the console into another set, which may not necessarily be a bad thing as I can see the issues that were popping up with the old borg set.

By the way if your wondering I already have a Mk 12 Maco ground set and a Mk 12 Maco space set... so this isn't a whining I want to get the set easier, this is are they seriously trying to force people to cough up that much dilithium with the 8k a day refinement issue.

You are right! The cost is too expensive, why the devs want sink the dilithium? hummm the dilithium price will raise in the market.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    omfg4202omfg4202 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The dilithium paywall you're throwing up in the now ultra-grindy STF loot system is shameful, and the players are fools for not complaining loudly about it.
    KIRK:That which you call Ee'd Plebnista was not written for the chiefs or the kings or the warriors or the rich and powerful, but for all the people! These words were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone or they mean nothing! Do you understand?
  • Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have two Chef Store missions for some reason. Weird.
  • Options
    outlaw51825outlaw51825 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    @matthewfelix, and anyone else talking about the cap

I cant find the exact thread but this has been brought up and discussed before

As they prepare for season 8 (and they clearly have groundwork/designs drawn up already.) They've stated they will not be against increasing that cap. But before that happens the dev team needs NUMBERS and not from the test server. They'll need live server numbers. They need to know how much is being held in reserve, how much is being refined per day if the 8k is enough or if people are earning so much dilithium in a day that the cap actually needs to be raised to avoid an overtight bottleneck.

So i dont expect to see a cap increase right away. But i would not be surprised if two weeks after season 7 goes live they say, 'due to the numbers we're seeing we're raising the dilithium cap by X'

So please be paitent. They're defintely looking at it. The patch notes make it clear they're listening.
  • Options
    matthewfelixmatthewfelix Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    @matthewfelix, and anyone else talking about the cap

I cant find the exact thread but this has been brought up and discussed before

As they prepare for season 8 (and they clearly have groundwork/designs drawn up already.) They've stated they will not be against increasing that cap. But before that happens the dev team needs NUMBERS and not from the test server. They'll need live server numbers. They need to know how much is being held in reserve, how much is being refined per day if the 8k is enough or if people are earning so much dilithium in a day that the cap actually needs to be raised to avoid an overtight bottleneck.

So i dont expect to see a cap increase right away. But i would not be surprised if two weeks after season 7 goes live they say, 'due to the numbers we're seeing we're raising the dilithium cap by X'

So please be paitent. They're defintely looking at it. The patch notes make it clear they're listening.

The problem with trying to gather data like that is that unless they have a way of keeping track of people who hit dilithium cap for the day and then stop gathering dilithium, then their numbers will be skewed towards no need to increase the cap. I'll freely admit that I tend to work to get to the cap and then I stop working on dilithium for the day, and either focus on Duty officer stuff or other things. The only time I tend to stack up a large reserve if when I help people out on elite STFs and end up doing like 6+ of them in a day after already hitting the dilithium refinement cap for the day. But once I hit daily cap I stop doing dailies to build more unrefined ore.
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    One part of the notes I'm not clear on, well I'm clear but I'm not sure if it really means what I think it means.

I get that the operational asset dailies for the SB will not require departmental Doffs of white quality.

I get that T3 and up 1000xp daily missions will no longer require green doffs but have an increased value

But do upgrades all get changed to only white Doffs? We are very close to tier 4 SB, its going to need a lot of blue doffs. Personally I think that is fine (not with the new dil costs though) but will upgrades still require certain rarity doffs or are we going to need literally multiple thousands and thousands of white doffs? If so it seems kinda.. bland and pointless

There is something engaging about needing x many purple, blue, green security doffs to unlock the security officer, or to acquire the tier up of doff before you can unlock that department upgrade. A challenge is good, but a crazy clicking grind is a terrible idea.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    All white.

As for my thoughts.

A really good set of cost changes in the right general direction. However i still don't think it's enough where the space gear is concerened. It still adds upto a HUGE amount of dilithium if you change builds or want an alternate set. And when S8 hits, (this is when i figure we'll get the admrial rank and the extra ships call in), it's going to be way over the top. I'm also concerned by the scalars across Mk's. Ground gear bassiclly see it scale by 3 fold from MkX to MkXII. Space gear increases by less than double. This produces excessivklly expensive low Mk space sets. That alne even at 1 set only is going to be the single biggest slow down in the entire system.

Also they've said no dil cap rise before S8. Though it's on the cards for S8 and that may be their anwser to the multi-gearing issue.

The SB changes are really nice as well in one respect. But honestly iof your going to do this. Just remove the upgrinders completly. With all the dilithium sinks we have it's just completly impossibble to justify spending anything on them or general recruitment packs. The cost vs reward in comparision is just not going to be worth it in comparision to the rep systems alone. And most cashuals are going to be grinding the rep systems till S8 anyway IMHO, so even for those without SB's, there isn;t going to be the dil to spare to justify it.
  • Options
    ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Romulan Reputation:
    Updated the description for all of the Romulan Tier unlocks.
    Updated costs for Romulan Projects.
    All Mk XI Rare Space Set Projects
    Romulan Mark cost increased from 120 to 250
    Dilithium cost reduced from 50000 to 13500
    All Mk XII Rare Space Set Projects
    Romulan Mark cost increased from 180 to 500
    Dilithium cost reduced from 60000 to 18000
    All Mk XII Very Rare Space Set Projects
    Romulan Mark cost increased from 240 to 750
    Dilithium cost reduced from 72000 to 32000
    Romulan Singularity Harness "Alt Set" Projects
    Romulan Mark cost increased to 500 per piece
    Dilithium Cost reduced to 15000 per piece

Now BranFlakes when I said I had 500 Romulan Marks collecting dust I did not mean raise the roof on mark cost, but I am glad for the lower dilthium requirements. Also the 2 hour commodity, Consumable, and Store Unlocks is very nice. Any chance we might see a lower requirement of doffs on the hanger pet scorpion fighters 30 eng and ops doffs seems a bit excessive. In the end I am very happy to see the Reputation system move into the right direction.
  • Options
    maliusnightmaliusnight Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I do feel I should point out, that your Dilithium cost per piece on MK XII project with dilithium nerf undo any chance of this system take less time. In fact I would guess considerably more. At 480 per elite run 34k per piece that is 70.8 runs per piece. That is a seriously bad business. Or 425 runs for two complete mk XII sets. Now for those who already have the gear this really wont be so bad. But for newbies I don't like it. Look at the math real closely, its not pretty.
  • Options
    djnooobdjnooob Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    just to clear things up for people here is the math on the new system. This information is based on posts from the devs

Dil costs:
    dil amount to unlock t5 - 82k
    dil amount for 3 piece maco mkxii (etc) set - 34000ea x3 = 102k
    dil amount for borg mkxii weapons 30k ea (est) x7 (or 8) = 210k+
    total dil amount for complete borg set = 394k

Days needed refining your entire 8k dil daily cap = 49+

Dil needed to get current set.... 0

Time:
    Minimum time needed to unlock t5- 60 days
    (This is regardless of how many hours you might play per week)

Also add in the fact that there are no random loot drops anymore so you no longer will earn EC from these events.

How some of you think this system is fair is beyond me, especially for those who have already done the grind.
  • Options
    maliusnightmaliusnight Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Those are some very startling figures DJ. Well put. Given that the unlocks do provide other advantages I'm prepared to pay for rep gain, but I have to agree the end gear cost needs to ether drop or the rewards need to rise. 400k Dilithium plus 60 days to reach the point we are basically at right now, then another 40 hours x6 pieces so another 10 days to actually unlock set gear nor including ship weapons. So 70 Days of effort at-least. How can that be a 60% decrease on the amount of time it takes to collect a set by the current grind system? That is all assuming you can collect all the require dilithium, DoFF, Commodities, and miscellaneous items perfectly on time, which is pretty unlikely for most folks, I would say 90 days is a safe figure for most folks.
  • Options
    willy01pwewilly01pwe Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    mikefl wrote: »
    Love the starbase project requirement changes. I have been holding off on several projects waiting for something to change. It actually seems doable now for my small fleet. I am also not troubled anymore by the changes to the doff personnel pricing either now.

I'll still take a wait and see approach but this is the first good news from the DEVs on the DOFF changes at SFA. I hope the trade off relieves some of the harsh grind that small fleets were/are feeling.

The dilithium costs of projects upgrading to Tier 3 and above are still troubling, but if you don't have to squander dil. on the DOFF grinder to find hard to get DOFFs for projects, that is at least progress.
    --
    No Star Trek Series went past Season 7.

Will Star Trek Online survive Season 7?
  • Options
    willy01pwewilly01pwe Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wow, so now we only need white duffs and only departemental ones? And up to now it was such a grind? Those who haven't started a fleet yet, start one now. :D This is awesome! :) The best change ever. Actually I wouldn't have minded to put in green, blue or even purrple duffs if they were NOT of a special kind like "transporter officer" or "security officer". Now I can milk even more white duff EC winnings out of the bonus duffs I get (tribble rewards etc.) when I create a new character. Thank you! :D

And yayness for ITH Space. :)

Yes, this was (conditionally) good news and a relief for small fleets hitting the brick wall of upgrading to Tier 3 and above.

Conditionally = it doesn't mean that 240 green DOFFs needed to upgrade to Tier 3 base now becomes 24,000 or 240,000 white commons (it could happen).

The dilithium costs for tier 2 to 3 and above may still be daunting for small fleets, which will make some stuff out of reach or put on hold. Each alt grinding reputation will further dilute materials, doffs and dilithium.
    --
    No Star Trek Series went past Season 7.

Will Star Trek Online survive Season 7?
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Can white commodities now be bought in stacks of "enter your number here" instead of just 50 or 100? If you have to buy 50K comm arrays, your fingers will fall off first, no matter if the stacks are 50 or 100 ... they need to be at least 1'000 or customizable.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010