test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

windows 7 еrror when installing

Gives me the following error
521a6a283e4ede74.jpg
I use windows 7 ultimate.32bit.I run it as administrator.And experience with compatibility for windows xp sp2.And does not want to install.Before using windows xp sp2 and worked perfectly.Please help
Post edited by excelsiorbg on

Comments

• nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You don't need to run it with compatibility set to windows xp. I assume you've tried running it without setting the exe to run like that?

What are you trying to install exactly? Did you download the online installer? Is that what you can't initiate?
  • excelsiorbgexcelsiorbg Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I installed it and normal windows 7 ultimate.Installing the Star Trek online and gives me an error
    edited November 2012
    I think your installation file(s) may be corrupt.

Did you install from a Star Trek Online Game DVD or download the Star Trek Online Game web installer?
    edited November 2012
    I Now draw star trek game web Installer.I will try it
    edited November 2012
    From here yes? : http://sto.perfectworld.com/download
    Direct Download perhaps?

If I was in your position, I would:
    - temporarily disable my antivirus and firewall software (until after you successfully get into the game)
    - update internet explorer web browser to the latest version (if I had Internet explorer web browser)
    - clear my internet browser cache (especially internet explorer, if I had it)

Also, the web installer will ask you to install software called: PANDO MEDIA BOOSTER (or similar). This is official software that assists in downloading the game.

Personally, I do not like this, as it remains after installation (and can reportedly slow down your connection to the game). So after installation, if I was in your position, I would uninstall pando media booster from my computer using the windows control panel uninstall menu.

(I'm not sure if I'm making any sense to you, I gather you are a German speaker).
    edited November 2012
    Not working does not want to install
    edited November 2012
    Please help!!:(