test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (November 1, 2012)

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    See alot of people saying nerd rage this, that and the other, but at the end of the day some people have real lives and can only play this at specific times, mine is through the week mon to thursday evening (UK). spent around ?200 as free to play and recently spent a further ?150 to get lifer, i think some people have the right to say that this is actually TRIBBLE poor, without peoples condescending remarks when they themselves have 24/7 to play on it.

Cryptic does this kinda thing based on when Their Employees are in the office...
    (for maximum efficiency)

Unfortunately, that means it's going to be during the hours of 6am and 4pm California Time (PDT at the moment)...

It's been this way since the game went live...

It is Not Likely to change anytime soon?
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • mrsinister82mrsinister82 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    daxiii23 wrote: »
    now that was deep and mine was shallow ... sry ;)

sorry i replied to the wrong post man, :D lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bitovabitova Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Rumour has it the fix to supply the Fireworks to KDF Lifer timers has resulted in a minor explosion hence requiring additional down time .... :D
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bitova wrote: »
    Rumour has it the fix to supply the Fireworks to KDF Lifer timers has resulted in a minor explosion hence requiring additional down time .... :D

In other words...,

...They blew the roof off of Earth Space Dock.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • kvetkvet Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If you really need your fix that bad, just go play on Tribble or Redshirt. They're open. Otherwise, come back in an hour. TRIBBLE happens in IT, it's just the way it goes sometimes.
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kvet wrote: »
    If you really need your fix that bad, just go play on Tribble or Redshirt. They're open. Otherwise, come back in an hour. TRIBBLE happens in IT, it's just the way it goes sometimes.

meh. I checked out tribble and since I'm not a fan of what's coming in Season 7 I've been pretending it doesn't exist ever since :D

Hopefully New Romulus will in some way make up for the horror that is the reputation system (haven't been there yet).
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • alphadarkwolf666alphadarkwolf666 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kvet wrote: »

Tribble server+redshirt=waste of time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Destroy the enemy, just save some for me!
  • xdotsxxdotsx Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, **** happens in IT - absolutely.

Would still be nice if the **** could happen with less ****ty timing. In Europe, the downtime is almost the entire day. 1400 to 2000 for me. Which is very enjoyable, since today is an official holiday here.
  • yakumosmithyakumosmith Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    See alot of people saying nerd rage this, that and the other, but at the end of the day some people have real lives and can only play this at specific times, mine is through the week mon to thursday evening (UK). spent around ?200 as free to play and recently spent a further ?150 to get lifer, i think some people have the right to say that this is actually TRIBBLE poor, without peoples condescending remarks when they themselves have 24/7 to play on it.

Agreed.

As a relative newcomer I am actually still catching up to those who've been around a lot longer. I still have goals I want to achieve and I break these down into little chunks to chip away at. While in a years time I might shrug off a 6 hour extension, at the moment i'm still in the honeymoon phase of the game and losing 2 hours does have an impact on what i'm trying to achieve.

Ultimately though I just lose progression, in other games like Eve for example, this extra extension would have a direct impact on a fleet battle and potentially extend a war by weeks, so the forum drama is a lot less.
  • akshaykumerakshaykumer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    its as bean 4hours and 30 mints we waiting pleas make it fast
  • starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cheers cryptic 2 late for me 2 play now :mad:
  • crimpson7crimpson7 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am getting a little bit bored can you please get the server online?? I need to finish some STFs (to get my full MACO ship setup and the Reman setup as well)
    The Wildcards Fleet =/\=
    Admiral T'Vanto of the I.R.W. Dreaded Balerion (Scimitar Dreadnought Warbird) "Burn them All!"
    Admiral Atraxis of the U.S.S. Daskalogiannis (Avenger class Cruiser) "I am Iron Cat!"
    edited November 2012
    its as bean 4hours and 30 mints we waiting pleas make it fast

You are aware it's a 6-hour downtime? Check the launcher: 6am - 12pm PDT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrsinister82mrsinister82 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    Cryptic does this kinda thing based on when Their Employees are in the office...
    (for maximum efficiency)

Unfortunately, that means it's going to be during the hours of 6am and 4pm California Time (PDT at the moment)...

It's been this way since the game went live...

It is Not Likely to change anytime soon?

Im fully aware of the time zone difference and am happy to live with that, i wouldnt of gone lifer had that been the case, my gripe is Cost in relation to the service we are being provided, when the game is up again if it runs smoother than ever since it became FtP then i will eat my hat and never grace this forum again. But it will be just as ridden by bugs glitches and appauling server connection as it always has ive no doubt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Still down? Guess Niko and TRIBBLE can go rob some Korean Drug Dealers....
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I heard from the wind coming from my backside that they are adding an extra console to the Fed side something called the "plasmonic leech" - so there is a bit of extra work to do - it's expensive though at 500 zen
  • ericandrewrossericandrewross Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    mikehawk77 wrote: »
    you haven't been here long enuff to ***** & whine like this. STFU & go back to sims online

been paying long enough to say anything I like that doesn't violate the T&C... unlike your attack and shortened profanity.
    Vice Admiral Ross
    and others too numerous to name...
  • torvinecho25torvinecho25 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Guys...quit your complain'. A few hours away from STO isn't gonna kill all of you; go find something to do around the house or something for a few hours while the team gets the game all patched up for us so we can keep playing.

Jeez.
    edited November 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    I heard from the wind coming from my backside that they are adding an extra console to the Fed side something called the "plasmonic leech" - so there is a bit of extra work to do - it's expensive though at 500 zen

Just caught this in your other thread - stop it. Stop it right now. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    xdotsx wrote: »

Would still be nice if the **** could happen with less ****ty timing. In Europe, the downtime is almost the entire day. 1400 to 2000 for me. Which is very enjoyable, since today is an official holiday here.
    Same story, different game. It's the risk of playing a US-hosted game in Europe, and there's no happy medium that won't irritate either US fans or European ones, unless server maintenance could be conducted within a quantum bubble outside normal space-time as to be done relatively instantaneously without impact to anyone.

It's not the first US game to TRIBBLE off EU players with the maintenance window. It won't be the last. That's just how it goes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • cjcarl12cjcarl12 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You are aware it's a 6-hour downtime? Check the launcher: 6am - 12pm PDT.

Was 4hr...got changed too 6!
  • captmike82captmike82 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ok the thing started at 9am my time it is now 2pm this gonna be an all day thing ???
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just caught this in your other thread - stop it. Stop it right now. :D

I was trying to add some light hearted humor here and there - but on a serious note if they can make money doing it - you know it will happen eventually!
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ...unless server maintenance could be conducted within a quantum bubble outside normal space-time as to be done relatively instantaneously without impact to anyone.

lol that sure made my day :D
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    edited November 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    I was trying to add some light hearted humor here and there - but on a serious note if they can make money doing it - you know it will happen eventually!

I think some of my previous posts have already concurred with you wholeheartedly :)

Still - Klinks do get the MACO shield to play with so I guess we'll all be using both...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Yep - and 1000-day vet rewards are for 1000-day vets. Oh. And PvP is a big priority for us. Oh. And it's important for us to have a complete Klingon faction. Oh.

The one thing you can count on Cryptic to do is what's best for Cryptic - if that means abandoning tradition and enraging the playerbase then they'll do it - they're not loyal to you, me or anybody else here.

Do I hate them for it? No. Disappointed by them from time-to-time maybe :)

I don't know if I am angry, but I am frustrated. I have been a lifer for years, and I get that they want people to purchase the memberships. Makes good business sense. What's scaring me is the FORCEFUL (is seems to me) push to make money NOW and not actually later. Bird in the hand mentality IMO.

Giving ANY lifer the full scope of rewards when the purchase membership is a slap in MY face. I am right around 1000 days, and I don't mind waiting to reap the rewards. I had to wait for the mugato, the gold jacket (wow I felt gypped on that piece of horse puckey,) and beyond. But seriously, giving someone that can theoretically be HOURS old as a player the full award set that I HAD TO WAIT FOR? If you want to reward them immediately for their purchase, which MUST be the reasoning (except maybe if they had an issue for the days counting and wanted to alleviate complaints regarding such,) fine, I get it. How about a gift for those of us that paid BEFORE and HAD TO WAIT? Oh, and I am sure we complained back then too about the waiting, which might have necessitated or contributed to the new no-wait policy.

If you change the rules for a new set saying that our complaints made it possible to fix it for the newbies, please understand that the change has not given a benefit to those of us who complained THEN! Heck, I'm not even angry. I'm feeling let down, frustrated, BORED because the game is offline, and I have a legit gripe here I thought I'd mention because my emails and tickets seem to be overlooked. Or ignored. Or maybe when I put HECK in there it is clicking a profanity filter and the whole 4-page message is DELETED completely. Fixing THAT would be nice, because at THAT point I want to have my attorney draft something!

This is long (that's what she said) and I am not satisfied with some parts of the product. Let me make mention of something that has been overlooked...CRYSTALLINE ENTITY. I haven't beaten that thing yet. Isn't there an accolade for it? Well, I don't have it. TERRADOME. Issues with that persist I am told.

Borg shooting and walking through walls on ground missions, having power-walking abilities like Richard Simmons...DIFFICULTY of Borg on STFs being jacked to the point of ludicrousness. Here's a GREAT point IMO...We all love the MK12 stuff, purple always preferred...Yeah, we get it, basic. KITS. They are all still Mark Ten. Are we going to get an 11 kit? Probably not, maybe a 12 instead. But has it been MENTIONED? ADDRESSED? Just odd is all. I don;t think a new 3-piece Borg kit for space while yanking the console and adding it to a newly-created one is as important as balancing the kit marks...

I might not post a lot, but the length of this one makes up for it. THATS WHAT SHE SAID.
  • bitovabitova Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    not that i'd suggest such a thing ... Although the red light still shines (ohhh errrrrr Mrs's) ... but you can download the update patch now (mines juts finished)
  • dapperdrakedapperdrake Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    xdotsx wrote: »

How do you dare thinking Cryptic is caring about european players?:D
  • crimpson7crimpson7 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bitova wrote: »
    not that i'd suggest such a thing ... Although the red light still shines (ohhh errrrrr Mrs's) ... but you can download the update patch now (mines juts finished)

Yep i can do that as well so what the frak is going on??
    The Wildcards Fleet =/\=
    Admiral T'Vanto of the I.R.W. Dreaded Balerion (Scimitar Dreadnought Warbird) "Burn them All!"
    Admiral Atraxis of the U.S.S. Daskalogiannis (Avenger class Cruiser) "I am Iron Cat!"
This discussion has been closed.