test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (November 1, 2012)

Comments

• slurmerslurmer Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    patching now...
  • borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bitova wrote: »
    not that i'd suggest such a thing ... Although the red light still shines (ohhh errrrrr Mrs's) ... but you can download the update patch now (mines juts finished)

thanks,mine is patching right now,173 mb
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    slurmer wrote: »
    patching now...

oh whoopy doooo
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • zereedarkstarzereedarkstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    7 hours for a 172mb patch is ridiculas and still no server
    edited November 2012
    and when we can patch it,the end is near!
  • rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    for those living in different timezones this map might come in handy : http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/ ( just hover over California to see PDT)

For reasons of practical use ( sciences, space travel , pilots, meteorology etc. ) every time zone is measured by difference with UTC ( used to be called GMT but has nothing to do with Greenwich as such but rather with the 0 degree meridian)
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Weren't any of you around in the days when these threads were up every other day and called "Star Trek Offline" by the players??
  • chequepleasechequeplease Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    crimpson7 wrote: »
    Yep i can do that as well so what the frak is going on??

The patch is probably up and working, but they may be having some issue with the back end stuff. They did say it was a patch and maintenance.
    The Artist formerly known as Paddoxx
  • bitovabitova Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    xero328 wrote: »
    I don't know if I am angry, but I am frustrated. I have been a lifer for years, and I get that they want people to purchase the memberships. Makes good business sense. What's scaring me is the FORCEFUL (is seems to me) push to make money NOW and not actually later. Bird in the hand mentality IMO.

Giving ANY lifer the full scope of rewards when the purchase membership is a slap in MY face. I am right around 1000 days, and I don't mind waiting to reap the rewards. I had to wait for the mugato, the gold jacket (wow I felt gypped on that piece of horse puckey,) and beyond. But seriously, giving someone that can theoretically be HOURS old as a player the full award set that I HAD TO WAIT FOR? If you want to reward them immediately for their purchase, which MUST be the reasoning (except maybe if they had an issue for the days counting and wanted to alleviate complaints regarding such,) fine, I get it. How about a gift for those of us that paid BEFORE and HAD TO WAIT? Oh, and I am sure we complained back then too about the waiting, which might have necessitated or contributed to the new no-wait policy.

If you change the rules for a new set saying that our complaints made it possible to fix it for the newbies, please understand that the change has not given a benefit to those of us who complained THEN! Heck, I'm not even angry. I'm feeling let down, frustrated, BORED because the game is offline, and I have a legit gripe here I thought I'd mention because my emails and tickets seem to be overlooked. Or ignored. Or maybe when I put HECK in there it is clicking a profanity filter and the whole 4-page message is DELETED completely. Fixing THAT would be nice, because at THAT point I want to have my attorney draft something!

This is long (that's what she said) and I am not satisfied with some parts of the product. Let me make mention of something that has been overlooked...CRYSTALLINE ENTITY. I haven't beaten that thing yet. Isn't there an accolade for it? Well, I don't have it. TERRADOME. Issues with that persist I am told.

Borg shooting and walking through walls on ground missions, having power-walking abilities like Richard Simmons...DIFFICULTY of Borg on STFs being jacked to the point of ludicrousness. Here's a GREAT point IMO...We all love the MK12 stuff, purple always preferred...Yeah, we get it, basic. KITS. They are all still Mark Ten. Are we going to get an 11 kit? Probably not, maybe a 12 instead. But has it been MENTIONED? ADDRESSED? Just odd is all. I don;t think a new 3-piece Borg kit for space while yanking the console and adding it to a newly-created one is as important as balancing the kit marks...

I might not post a lot, but the length of this one makes up for it. THATS WHAT SHE SAID.

I'm a one year old f2p player .. went gold when they did the special pricing a few months ago and went life when they did the special pricing last week .. I actually in a way concur with the above poster, it was a little unfair that we go all the awards of a "real 1000 day player".. IMO the real time players should be given something additional (accolade, title, uniform or something) to reward their doggedness ..
  • xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    but they may be having some issue with the back end stuff. .

With the way they charge on zen store and make us wait for EXTENDED TIME patches and new content...MY "back end" is having issues
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    Weren't any of you around in the days when these threads were up every other day and called "Star Trek Offline" by the players??

Indeed I was... but in those days I had less free time on my hands and a faster internet connection - sitting twiddling my thumbs now whilst the patch takes an age to download...

Think I'll go troll the Tribble forums some more :D
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    and it's nice that someone actually vocalized their concurrance with my long-winded speech OFF YOUR SOAPBOX

I only post once every few months on average so I think i am entitled...lol
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    do we geting exspansion today since servers are still of
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,292 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Mui Caliente Los Gatos ~Gatos. Chica Jovenes and Signore's
    Moi Space Chariot awaits... and waits then waits some more and the schedule of others things like cooking gets in the way of fun..

Toss out some Keldar Fusion Culinary hardcore treats for this Trick and space TP.. snafu
    Zucchini fettuccine.. i just want some prod ship and a star to guide her by
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
    edited November 2012
    bitova wrote: »
    I'm a one year old f2p player .. went gold when they did the special pricing a few months ago and went life when they did the special pricing last week .. I actually in a way concur with the above poster, it was a little unfair that we go all the awards of a "real 1000 day player".. IMO the real time players should be given something additional (accolade, title, uniform or something) to reward their doggedness ..

meh. I've let go of my raging over that one - the Cryptic that valued its community has long-since ceased to be (well, 'valued' is kind of over-stating it).

I content myself by spending time with the one thing Cryptic can't TRIBBLE up - the players :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Indeed I was... but in those days I had less free time on my hands and a faster internet connection - sitting twiddling my thumbs now whilst the patch takes an age to download...

Think I'll go troll the Tribble forums some more :D

I like you sig - although the nacelles are a little bit boxy for my taste the Excel is still one of the most beautiful designs in Star Trek.(I have the retrofit but sadly she has been docked since the oddy 3-pack came out)
  • nobscunobscu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I doubt it, since there's nothing in the patch notes about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I content myself by spending time with the one thing Cryptic can't TRIBBLE up - the players :)

Yes.. the one thing that's already fubar when they arrive. And that's awesome.
  • renomillerrenomiller Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They just added another 2 hours.
  • kbflordkruegkbflordkrueg Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lord Krueg
    KBF CO
    We are the Dead
    join date Aug 2008
  • artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is some patch, twice extended, just when I thought it was over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
  • jadonovanjadonovan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    renomiller wrote: »

Not funny...
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    renomiller wrote: »

yea i seen that est time 21:00 uk time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Noooooooooooooooooo!!

2 More Freaking Houre's....i Think A Ull Ormat And Reinsttall Is Faster!
  • fubaracidefubaracide Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Great the extended the downtime again. Not a happy customer.
  • ozujskoozujsko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yah i just saw 2 hour more,nice...here is holiday in my country i have whole day to play and get some thingis before season 7 and what i get whole day pach and fixes...i am realy pisssed because it is 8pm here...:mad:
  • coldfusion2012coldfusion2012 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i cant believe this i have been waiting to play since 1pm GMT :( now i got to wait till 9pm
    IT'S WORSE THAN THAT IT'S A GAME JIM
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    look on the bright side atlest it means we can do something else and come back 2morrow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • radiar3radiar3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

That takes so long and needs multiple extensions to maintenance? I sure don't hope so :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    I like you sig - although the nacelles are a little bit boxy for my taste the Excel is still one of the most beautiful designs in Star Trek.(I have the retrofit but sadly she has been docked since the oddy 3-pack came out)

Thanks Levi! That was taken over DS9 (the star there is perfect for screengrab opportunities :)) and the Damocles is seen there in the 'Veteran' material. I still fly her when I'm on my main but I no longer use that material since the whole 1000-day fiasco - anyway - she looks just as pretty in MACO ;)

Glad you're liking the Oddy - she's a striking ship - not my cup of tea (old-school TOS/movies fan) but a worthy successor to the Sovereign I think :)
    milestfox wrote: »
    Yes.. the one thing that's already fubar when they arrive. And that's awesome.

Aww - they're nuts but they're a loveable bunch of crazies all the same :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.