test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Gateway: Feedback and Discussion

Comments

• palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The character photos are not centered and make the Captain have ill shaped bald head, it needs to be corrected.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • valiant797valiant797 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Logged on both through Firefox (on Win7 computer) and through iOS Safari (ipad2) and had no trouble logging in.

Did notice that for some reason my captain does not have any ground equipment showing (as though he's completely unequipped). Ship and BOffs all equipped correctly. Not sure why.

A couple things
    1) Would be nice to show my selected title somewhere (maybe even above character name on the personnel file)

2) Would be nice if the items showed the base stats, not just a description.
    <signature under reconstruction>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want cheap commodities? Yeah you do. Commodity Cheat Sheet (includes food and data samples)

Want to make the game better? Might I suggest this form
  • patarmarkanpatarmarkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ingame mail would be a very good addition.
    I'd also like to see my other ships.
    Progress of Doff-assignments would be great as well...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Watch out for my Starship Comparator app at
    http://ssc.levega.de or http://www.stoshipcompare.tk
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Works generally OK on the the Nexus 7 (JB 4.1.2 w/latest Chrome and FireFox updates).

Only issue I noticed (not sure if this is specific to the gateway or the ship itself -- happened on Windows 7 x64 with firefox as well) My character is slotted on a Mobius and the edges of the wings are cut off on the graphic in the ship equipment section (Maybe a little less than quarter of an inch on either side).
  • prapiliusprapilius Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I still do not really open up the meaning of STO gateway.
    Why would you want to see characters from the tribble-server? Of interest here would rather the characters of the live-server.
    A possibility to control the Doff-system via the STO gateway is missing here.
  • redstarsweredstarswe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Suggestion: When the gateway is down for maintenance why not show it with a red light or something so that we don't have login to find out. I am not required to have a tribble account to be able to use the gateway, right?
    A contract is a contract...(but only between Ferengi).
  • captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    STO Gateway looks great, I guess the Core Team is the A-team, make what you will what I think of the rest. ;)

Gateway on a PC running chrome had 1 small problem. It displayed 24 BO when in fact I had 26, seemed to display missing BO on my Android tablet.

Gateway on a 10.1? Android tablet running Ice Cream Sandwich. Looked wicked. Only complaint Character selection screen did not have portraits. If you could have got the graphics like the PC webpages it would have been perfect, I assume there is no way to tell the size of the screen.

Gateway on a phone. Could not get pass the stupid Account Guard.

Real shame that no one will be using it, since we will be grinding in the game. Star Trek Online should be called Star Trek Online: The Next Grind, and Season 7 called Grindfest.
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So far looks good, the interface is nice and smooth overall.

I agree with the comment on character portraits which tend to make all of the faces look too skinny.

It's hard to comment on much else, because we're not sure whatelse is to come.

Obviously as others have mentioned:
    > Exchange access
    > Doff access
    > character skills menu (even if read only)

Would all be welcome additions.
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    devil07 wrote: »
    I'm using an iPad 1st gen and the gateway works great!

One surgestion though. Will you be adding a button to switch characters like on Tribble in season 7?

I'm using an iPad 1 as well, and agree, it looks great. Really liking this new addition to STO! :)
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Finaly something positive about Season 7, it is only in an early Alpha phase but I see the huge potential in it.
    Bridger.png
  • njdmb30njdmb30 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So far this is buggy useless trash, but at least there's a slim possibility of this being something useful somewhere down the road.
    Love the interface on PC, hope to try it out on my galaxy s2 later.

It can only do so much at the moment, just looking at details, which isn't at all much.

Hope the gateway becomes a bit more functional - such as doing the DOFF missions, sorting out my inventory/bank/mail whilst on the move or at work *coughs* :)

So please, make it so :)
  • an672b1an672b1 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It looks really good on my PC, but I can not log in with my HTC.
    After login a blank page appears, on which is in the upper left corner a single sentence: "Cannot POST /". Other HTC smartphone users can attest to that?

EDIT: It works now. Apparently it has been repaired.
  • govanatorukgovanatoruk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    While in theory, when it works, it works well, what this "Gateway" needs is the following:
    • The ability to manage doffs
    • fleet admin functions
    • starbase / outpost project panel
    • boff project panel (post s7)
    • built in xmpp chat server which gives advanced chat functionality for subscribing players above normal programs like pidgin, trillian etc.
    • the ability to set the names and biographies of boffs
    • the ability to alter PC biography
    • the ability to link player info to others to see, or a database that can be searched by name, fleet, etc, with rankings etc by pvp ratings, pve ratings, accolades, missions accomplished, fleet rankings etc.

With a broad scope of functions like those, and perhaps others, then the feature would take on a new life and become something truly useful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Neverwinter Knights
    Join today, & help write the next chapter in our history!

• bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2012
    Very nice! I'm liking this a lot. Definitely a vast improvement over the "My Captains" pages on the old site.

A few suggestions:
    • It would be nice to be able to access the "Captain's Log", like the old site had.
    • I'd like to be able to access the in-game calendar from here (both the hourly and monthly ones).
    • "Bridge Stations" should indicate the type of station, and which powers are actually available.
  • drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm loving this thing so far. Only thing I've really run into is you can't switch characters without logging out completely then back in.

Also the fields get shifted a little when logging into the site on my Droid 4. You end up with white boxes that show up in the middle of the screen where you type your password and username. When you log in though it seems to run alright.
    f3wrLS.jpg
  • goltzhargoltzhar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    soleta63 wrote: »
    Hey Goltzhar try Deleting your Current Tribble test server Character and update by resubmitting your latest Holodeck server Character of choice.

Love Solo DAXX:)

That did not help.::(
    1. Now I see comander station on all stations on one of my char (fed). And on KDF 3 comander stations.
    2. Still switched places on the third and the first ability.
  • captainfry420xcaptainfry420x Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I love this, looking forward to when it can use the real accounts. Like many others, I am also hoping to be able to manage duty officer assignments using this portal.

Also, I am hoping to be able to share my details with my friends and fleet.
  • nxnovacatnxnovacat Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    We need to be able to use the in-game mail in this Gateway. It would be nice to send, read, and delete mail without ever needing to log into the in-game client. It would definitely be a good way to view our mail from the website again.
  • apophis77apophis77 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I would LOVE to be able to view my doffs, even if I can't interact with them, just the ability to view/sort them would make it so much easier to grind the bad ones up into dust during the upgrade missions.
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    What about a visual checklist of all the sets that have been acquired and needed, like the various MACOs, Omegas, Aegis, Borg and others.
  • mdf777mdf777 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm glad most people get to see this thing up and running.
    I've tried it both on my iPhone 4s iOS6 and my pc and both only say down for maintenance.
    I've tried for a few days and always the same thing.
    Checked my cookies, firewall, everything I could think of, but it still says the same thing.
  • bobbles77777bobbles77777 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i like it i just wish it allowed you to change ships from it
  • sh0cklancesh0cklance Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    mdf777 wrote: »
    I'm glad most people get to see this thing up and running.
    I've tried it both on my iPhone 4s iOS6 and my pc and both only say down for maintenance.
    I've tried for a few days and always the same thing.
    Checked my cookies, firewall, everything I could think of, but it still says the same thing.

I had the same problem.. but then got an email about account guard blocking access because I was not at my home computer when I tried to get in. I think it may be related to that. I'll try on my phone next. Looks like Account Guard is down too. I guess I'll wait till later to figure out how to add my other desktop without installing the game.
  • sh0cklancesh0cklance Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Worked fine on my phone but it asks every time for the code. I think firewall and cookie settings are still to blame for this computer. No biggie.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So I just tried to log in after several days of not logging in, and was greeted by the Cryptic Account Guard thing, on a computer / browser I have already approved. I hope that's because it's in the testing phase, and not because I will have to input a code emailed to me once or twice every week.
  • ccollinsonccollinson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    it would be nice if there was a back drop to the window that pops up when you select an item so you could read the text easier. currently it just overlays it over the text and pics that are already on the screen getting jumbled up.
  • farktoid5000farktoid5000 Member Posts: 72 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for your feedback everyone, we are reading this thread and taking notes.

I have a request, though. If you come across anything that you feel is not working properly or a bug, please include your browser version or what device you are viewing the Gateway on. It helps us tremendously.
    Follow your friendly neighborhood EQAH on Twitter! @CrypticEQAH
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I have a request, though. If you come across anything that you feel is not working properly or a bug, please include your browser version or what device you are viewing the Gateway on. It helps us tremendously.

My post in the bug forums. ALl bugs stull persist. All of this is in Google Chrome (PC) version 22.0.1229.94 m (newest version).
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2012

It seems like a read only copy of game info but nothing interactive that I would find a purpose in using it for. If it had some intricate things like being able to doff with it, seeing doff missions available for each sector with my characters, etc I could find a use for it but other than that it seems like a waste of time :( Nothing against anyone at Cryptic but if I am able to go look at this gateway I am also having access to the game so I don't see any point in using it.
This discussion has been closed.