test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help ''Patchclient in a state with no response function''

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
it refuses to patch,i was looking forward to play this game,but i cant even patch.

I tried stuff that have been suggested, disabled firewalls,opened ports,i also checked and my computer can run the game efficiently...there is no simple answer to this...the patcher doesn't download anything i tried it over and over again,starting to feel useless. if anyone has any idea how to fix this please tell me,or let the Admin or someone just tell us you will never be able to play this game don't waste my time... i also noticed many people with this issue,and many threads about it,but its going nowhere.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Having this frustrating issue also.

Can launch the game via the steamapp folder but it's also timing out
    while trying to connect to the account server. Tried all solutions to
    get the steam version working I could find via google/forum.

Going to download the standalone from the website. Sigh.
    edited February 2012
    if you find anyway to fix this pls help me...
    edited February 2012
    Same issue. Can't patch so can't play.
    edited February 2012
    Damionte wrote: »
    Same issue. Can't patch so can't play.

this is really stupid and no one actually helps,this game is turning into a disaster i played so many MMOs like WoW Aion DMO etc...it was all simple patch and play without any problems like this such a bad way to start.:mad:
    edited February 2012
    I've had this issue since January with no luck. I heard somewhere that you might be able to get the game to work if someone emails you their .exe of the game client, but I haven't been able to test that out.
    edited February 2012
    Patcher problem? Why not try deleting files in the patcher folders then repatching? I'll bet there's a corrupt file in there preventing the patcher from doing its job and allowing you to play.

Go ahead and open up your Explorer window and navigate to the Cryptic folder typically located here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios

Once there, you're going to want to delete files from two seperate locations. Remember, you want to delete the contents of the folders, not the folders themselves. Also remember, by trying this solution you accept that I'm not responsible for what might happen and no, I'm not telling you to delete anything major.

Locate and delete the contents of these folders:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\cache
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\tmp

You could also delete the "GameClient.exe" file from the following folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live

The theory goes, if you have a corrupted GameClient.exe file, then it's not going to work for you, whereas if you remove it and then launch the launcher again, the servers will detect this and force a download for a new copy of that file.
    edited February 2012
    Opaserv wrote: »
    Patcher problem? Why not try deleting files in the patcher folders then repatching? I'll bet there's a corrupt file in there preventing the patcher from doing its job and allowing you to play.

Go ahead and open up your Explorer window and navigate to the Cryptic folder typically located here:

Once there, you're going to want to delete files from two seperate locations. Remember, you want to delete the contents of the folders, not the folders themselves. Also remember, by trying this solution you accept that I'm not responsible for what might happen and no, I'm not telling you to delete anything major.

Locate and delete the contents of these folders:

You could also delete the "GameClient.exe" file from the following folder:

The theory goes, if you have a corrupted GameClient.exe file, then it's not going to work for you, whereas if you remove it and then launch the launcher again, the servers will detect this and force a download for a new copy of that file.

its still not working <.< im so desperate now
    edited February 2012
    How do you connect to the interwebs? Are you wireless, wired, in a dorm, behind a firewall at work, etc? Obviously something is restricting your connection, I'm just trying to figure out what.

Also, do you use or have teamviewer installed? If you do, try uninstalling it or at the very least disabling it so that you can connect. We've found that teamviewer will cause you to not be able to login.
    edited February 2012
    How do you connect to the interwebs? Are you wireless, wired, in a dorm, behind a firewall at work, etc? Obviously something is restricting your connection, I'm just trying to figure out what.

Also, do you use or have teamviewer installed? If you do, try uninstalling it or at the very least disabling it so that you can connect. We've found that teamviewer will cause you to not be able to login.

i have wireless at home,i disabled my firewall and opened all ports it wont work :( i appreciate any advice you can give me.
    edited February 2012
    Have you attempted to hook directly to the router and then tested?
    edited March 2012
    Have you attempted to hook directly to the router and then tested?

i just did sadly it does not work also :( any other suggestions?
    edited March 2012
    i there anyone that can actually help solve this issue? wow cryptic your game is such a failure.:mad:
    edited May 2012
    Problem: The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function

Does anyone know how to fix this?

lol
    edited May 2012
    nope i dont know i have tried everything even reinstalled the whole game 3 times now from scratch still the launcher will not open they say the game client is bad but i can go in click on the actual game client get the log in screen but you log in and you sit forever to be told that your account server timed out i dunno but im mad and internet connection i have been playing everyday since feb so im sure its not that but i dunno
    edited May 2012
    so many threads for the same problem:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=270847
    edited May 2012
    BDS wrote:

Thanks, only the rar file worked for me.
    edited June 2012
    today i finished downloading the game and installed it on my conputer when I try to play the game a msg pops out that says patch error: 'patch client got a message while it was in a state with no response function.."
    if you find a way to fix the problem pls help me :(
    edited June 2012
    no one has any idea how to fix this :mad: and the dev dont bother helping :(
  • stormrchandlerstormrchandler Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I am having the same annoying issue & for the Life of me I can't figure it out ..I've done everything I know to do except pray over the PC & chant :mad:
    Heres the exact message I get :
    ''Patchclient in a state with no response function'' I had been playing the game for months and no problems , but school restarted and I had to take a break , came back to the game and went to play , and this happened , out of the blue ....
    Anyone figure out what on Earth happened ?? ..Or this going to be a sad instance of getting too involved in a game & now its gonna TRIBBLE out ?? If anyone has a solution , could you please let me know ;-)
    Thank You,

Capt. Storm Chandler
    USS DOBERMAN
    NCC - 19757