test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would you buy an Alien Part Pack?

aaronh42aaronh42 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
This was brought up in another thread, but it kinda got overlooked.

The question is, if Cryptic released a Hairstyle / Alien Part Pack would you pay for it?

What kind of hairstyles and alien parts would you like to see?
Post edited by aaronh42 on

Comments

• starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    "New hair tech" was being touted for quite a while back before Dan left. I was intrigued by the idea, because the hair styles and current tech are a bit of a let down.

Certainly more hair styles would be good. I might pay for them, but only if they were of a sufficient quality.

Alien parts? Nope. :P
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    aaronh42 wrote: »
    This was brought up in another thread, but it kinda got overlooked.

The question is, if Cryptic released a Hairstyle / Alien Part Pack would you pay for it?

What kind of hairstyles and alien parts would you like to see?

Honestly... an alien parts pack sounds like it would only benefit my alien characters and there's too much incentive to be alien over canon species as is.

Hairstyles, age, head types, complexions, YES! I'd buy these and at a premium since they'd benefit both factions and most species.
  • aaronh42aaronh42 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Honestly... an alien parts pack sounds like it would only benefit my alien characters and there's too much incentive to be alien over canon species as is.

Hairstyles, age, head types, complexions, YES! I'd buy these and at a premium since they'd benefit both factions and most species.

That's what I was thinking. Selling just an alien parts pack would be a hard sell to most players, but maybe a "Features" pack, that has new hairstyles, complexions, tattoos, hair styles, facial hair.

Regardless I would buy it, but I definitely think an alien parts only pack wouldn't sell that well.

The other concern of course, is would players feel they were being cheated by these items not being released for free?
  • karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Something like a new resources pack for tailor, with a new collection of tatoos, scars, hairstyles, accesories like third eyes, horns, bionic arms and bionic hands (nothing like borgs) and other things can be nice.

But have to be unlocked for all factions. If only unlock for Fed faction, this can be ridiculous :P
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • chakittychakitty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd love to see a parts pack that includes the items/options needed to make an insect based character, or maybe a naga style character, or a kitsune, or maybe something like a third leg and transparant skin. Add all the stuff needed to do these setups and I'd pay upwards of 1000zen for it.
  • extremis0extremis0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Like cant they just migrate close from champions online iv seen close and hair styles i would definitely buy of the cryptic store than the ones they have now im not saying i wanna look like a super in sto but they have way more options that could be used in here
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If I could mix Borg parts with other species I definitely would. Could finally make a Liberated Borg that wasn't human or Klingon for once.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • knockyknocky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would like Caitan skin I already paid for to be included in the alien creator.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would love more hairstyle options in truth for basic humanoids.

But a features and alien parts pack....Hell Yes. If Cryptic does it, I'd appreciate it if they would ask us what we want, I have a specific hairstyle for one of my toons that I'd like. Nothing outlandish, but a more modern lady's hairstyle.

While we're on the subject, how about more variations of body types. My mother and a female friend of mine looked at the TRIBBLE on some of the characters while I was playing and they were suitably...confused. (Actually the response was more of a what the hell?) Some more natural shapes would be welcomed...but one step at a time I understand.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I agree the female TRIBBLE look unnatural and I think that an option to have flat chested aliens would be good as not all aliens are mammals. I would totally love an alien parts pack since creating new aliens is half the fun I have with this game and more hair options are a must especially hairy faces and bodies like some of the apelike aliens.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    IDK it seems that cryptic has hit a wall and is afraid to release new content to theZ-Store as there are so many ways to get free Z-Points. So imho I'd say that the Z-Store is very low on the list of priorities like under the next Lobi/Lockbox update....

* Yes I would buy it as I would also want some of the many other packs they could release but havent
  • guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    nalo wrote: »
    IDK it seems that cryptic has hit a wall and is afraid to release new content to theZ-Store as there are so many ways to get free Z-Points. So imho I'd say that the Z-Store is very low on the list of priorities like under the next Lobi/Lockbox update....

* Yes I would buy it as I would also want some of the many other packs they could release but havent

There are no ways to get free z. There are only ways to get somebody elso buy z for you. Every z spent on the cstore is a z that PWE/Cryptic got paid for, be it by a direct customer, a stipend for a subscriber, or a marketing company offering z for scams... I mean, surveys.... Z obtained by trading dilithium for z originated all from one of those sources.

And, like many people - I might not get an Alien pack, but I would absolutely buy a HAIRSTYLE pack!
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'd buy the alien pack if it would include borg parts and the gorn ^^
  • gealbhanbheaggealbhanbheag Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yes, if only for some proper Cardie wide neck ridges and elegant, high hairline up-do hairstyles for females. The only ones available so far are the klingon dreads and the 'slicked backs'. :/
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited October 2012
    To be used with Alien characters only, not likely.
    To be used by all races, most likely.
  • perfectself82perfectself82 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    garaks31 wrote: »

<3 ALF <3

I would pay for ALF, anything ALF. My childhood demands it!
  • natthaannatthaan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I would like to see Xindi reptiles look or the monkey xindi

Aqua Xindi? if i wanted a big fish tank on my bridge maybe would fit in the oddy Bridge