test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 7 Dev Blog #2

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited October 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Content Designer Charles Gray reveals details about the Tau Dewa Sector Block in this entry of the Season 7 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i think this will be a good idea well done for doing this :)
    I'm so happy :D
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Sounds awesome! Can't wait for Season 7.

One detail in the article has me confused, however:
    The Tau Dewa Sector Block, which is south of the Psi Velorum Sector Block, is populated by Romulan refugees looking for places to call home after the collapse of the Romulan Star Empire.

Last I checked, the Empire still existed (albeit in a somewhat weakened state after the destruction of Romulus). Is the article referring to the destruction of Romulus, or has the entire Empire actually collapsed since the events of "Cloaked Intentions"?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Suliban system??!?! :eek: Please tell me this means I can blast those continuity ruining [your favorite expletive here] into stardust filled oblivion!!!!
    edited October 2012
    Suliban system??!?! :eek: Please tell me this means I can blast those continuity ruining [your favorite expletive here] into stardust filled oblivion!!!!
    what did you say
  • captallendalecaptallendale Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ok so this fills in between Pi Canis and Psi Valorum. But WAIT. What about Arcanus Arm and Hromi Cluster. Isn't those zones in this space too? Or will they just be 'moved'?
    edited October 2012
    they might be moved they can not be all in one place, at the same time can they..
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I really hope that these are story missions, not some kind of auto-generated aid the planet fetch quest grinder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    i think they are story missions wich will be good to play :)
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So will the Regulus/Arcunis Arm Border now change into a "Arcunis Arm or Tau" prompt?
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I was hoping to recruit one. Since I got a timeship, all these exotic species crew are starting to make sense. I just want a Relativity uniform and the ability to dress them all in it.
  • baileyjohnbaileyjohn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Cool new sector always wanted to explore the kitomer sector and really see what's going on with the romulan new home
    edited October 2012
    kirksplat wrote: »
    I really hope that these are story missions, not some kind of auto-generated aid the planet fetch quest grinder.

I think they are story based. The flipside is I think they probably have very few ground options even as social hubs because ground takes more work to make.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Looks good. I'm looking forward to explore these areas and have more fun.

Will KDF get good missions other than 5 and this is your story? And not some Fed cross over version? I need something better than "Cluster Missions" then something whipped up for a story.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It's about time Galorndon Core was in this game. It's been Generations since I heard the name.
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I see quite a few systems that were mention in the various shows and movies in this sector block. I like it.

I just hope you remember that Starbase 234 was a ground based Starbase... and not a space station...
    7NGGeUP.png

• diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Looks interesting but terrible map position choice since we have no obvious and easy transwarp near this sector. It may be time for a duty officer diplomatic/marauding T5 reward with a transwarp to this sector.

Also, where's the nebula attached to this sector? With a new colonial chain and a new support doff! :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Looks interesting but terrible map position choice since we have no obvious and easy transwarp near this sector. It may be time for a duty officer diplomatic/marauding T5 reward with a transwarp to this sector.

Also, where's the nebula attached to this sector? With a new colonial chain and a new support doff! :D

Transwarp to Starbase 234 would be good.

Alternatively: Transwarp to New Romulus award for making out the reputation system for the Romulan Colony.
    7NGGeUP.png

edited October 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »

I believe they indicated they'd have a means of getting there from Fleet Starbases.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Umm, yeah...

If this is going where I think it's going, what's gonna happen to the Arucanis Arm? :confused:
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The Khitomer System will reside in this new sector block?

:D

I sense the Ambassador Class will make an appearance soon...

If Cryptic really wanted to make a BANG, they'd bring out the Ambassador Pack, with the revised "Monster Maroons" the Enterprise-C crew wore, an Ambassador interior done up like the TOS interior, complete with period correct uniforms for the crew, and Ambassador bridge, along with period correct scaling weapons.

Sign me up!

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • jonnydregsjonnydregs Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    THANK THE GODS!!! New content finally!!!
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    shouldn't the Veridian system be in this block somewhere? if i recall correctly i think i saw it on a star chart, and it was were this sector block would be

season 7 is already looking great! a whole new block is a big update.
  • typhoncaltyphoncal Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ok so this fills in between Pi Canis and Psi Valorum. But WAIT. What about Arcanus Arm and Hromi Cluster. Isn't those zones in this space too? Or will they just be 'moved'?

Perhaps they are resizing the ST Universe that is so pathetically small?
    Commander Shran - You tell Archer, that is three the pink skin owes me!
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The Khitomer System will reside in this new sector block?

:D

I sense the Ambassador Class will make an appearance soon...

If Cryptic really wanted to make a BANG, they'd bring out the Ambassador Pack, with the revised "Monster Maroons" the Enterprise-C crew wore, an Ambassador interior done up like the TOS interior, complete with period correct uniforms for the crew, and Ambassador bridge, along with period correct scaling weapons.

Sign me up!

You're getting your Klingon colonies mixed up :)

The Enterprise-C was defending Narendra III. The battle at the end of "Yesterday's Enterprise" in which the alternate Enterprise-D was destroyed took place in the Archer system.
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I want to know this too. I haven't finished Hromi yet.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    See that they replaced Lambda Hydrae with the Nimbus System (you know from Star Trek 5). Can't tell from the picture, but is it really in the Neutral Zone (or once was)?

Why is "New Romulus" in Klingon Territory? :rolleyes:

Tau Dewa? Given the Sector Blocks are all named after real Star Systems, sounds better if you named it Theta Eridani.

And too bad you didn't move Starbase 24 back where it should be, near Khitomer. But where Starbase 24 is located in the Star Charts, is where Suliban is. (Really should move Starbase 24 to it's proper location along the border, not like you couldn't rename the Fleet Action to something else.)

And hope the middle Sector is Gamma Hydra (From the Kobiyashi Maru), which is supposed to be along the Klingon and Romulan Neutral zones.

Beta Thoridor and Beta Lankal both supposed to be in the Mempa Sector. (TNG: Redemption) This is a major canonical discrepency, Cryptic. Even if you are trying to keep it close to the Star Charts.

hypl wrote: »
    Umm, yeah...

If this is going where I think it's going, what's gonna happen to the Arucanis Arm? :confused:

Hopefully Hiromi and Arucanis becomes a floating nebulas like those in Omega Leonis (Klingon Space).
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I have a feeling the Suliban system won't actually be used for anything (I hope they do bring them in though) maybe just a Foundry mission entrance.
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hallelujah! Finally some more places to explore and actually do stuff in! Thank god its not another UI resource minigame / system update ~phew

Season 7 is starting to get very exciting now. I have stretched my patience until it snapped, then I stuck it back together, and snapped it again, and repaired it. Lets hope its worth the wait.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Nimbus III hmmmm....Idea for new emote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxk1BSQo8bg
    GwaoHAD.png
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Strange that this New Romulus appears so far away from Iota Pavonis Sector Block (original Romulus was there). Not only has Sela vanished. But it appears that her seat of power on Rator III (Psi Velorum Sector Block) has been usurped. Donatra's alternate capital (see Path to 2409) on Achernar Prime never has been mapped for STO. Or might the Romulans have recently renamed Achernar Prime to New Romulus?
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)