What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 7 Dev Blog #2

Comments

• tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    According to this link, the 1701-C was destroyed in the Narendra System

http://database.obsidianfleet.net/wiki/index.php?title=Narendra_III

Which system is it? the Archer System ...or the Narendra System?

He said the Ent-D got destroyed in the Archer system, not the Ent-C.

Yesterday's Enterprise took place entirely in the Archer System. The temporal vortex the Ent-C emerged from was linked to the Narendra system.

You never actually see Narendra 3 in Trek until Enterprise Season 2.
    daveyny wrote: »
    If ya check out the Star Trek Maps, there is actually a Dewa System located in that area...

To bad They Didn't Actually Include It, in the new Zone. :rolleyes:

Not the first time, Alpha Centauri Sector block doesn't have Alpha Centauri system.

You know, the star charts book isn't even canon. Nothing outside what has been seen in the Live action productions (and some of TAS) is canon. But it is clear based on the layouts of some sectors that the STO team did base some areas based off where they are in the star charts.
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You're getting your Klingon colonies mixed up :)

The Enterprise-C was defending Narendra III. The battle at the end of "Yesterday's Enterprise" in which the alternate Enterprise-D was destroyed took place in the Archer system.

And I think you're getting your alternate realities mixed up. The anomaly wasn't in any specific system. The Archer system in Yesterday's Enterprise was mentioned by Riker upon hearing that the K'vorts weren't cloaked.
    They should be more cautios after the pasting we gave them at Archer IV.

The Enterprise-D won the day at Alternate Archer IV.
  • jonbrejonbre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I, for one, am happy to see a new piece of the Star Trek universe open up to play in.

I'm excited to see what new species are seen in this sector of space, and how it all ties in to the development of the Romulans. Perhaps we'll see Romulans that fight for the KDF, those who fight on the side of the Federation, and neutral parties. It could be a very dramatic, Civil-War-esque addition to STO. :)

I mean, who doesn't want to see opposing Romulan ships tractor-beaming and then heavy plasma torpedo-ing each other? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Eline: "The rest of us have been gone a thousand years. If you remember what we were, and how we lived, then we'll have found life again." / Picard: "Eline..."
    Eline: "Now we live in you. Tell them of us... my darling." -The Inner Light
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    admbob wrote: »
    I reiterate: What is going to happen to the Hromi Cluster and Arucanis Arm?

I'm looking for an authoritative response here.
    It's fairly simple: they'll stay right where they are, occupying an already-claimed space, but still existing independently.

What else would they do? ;)
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Oh, Didn't we?

*checks map in the blog entry*

Um...no, you didn't.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    *checks map in the blog entry*

Um...no, you didn't.

Wait a minute... The "New Romulus System"... what was it's ORIGINAL name before it became "New Romulus"?
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • valiant797valiant797 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You know what Starbase 234 will be? The old Earth Spacedock model. Recycling at work!

Always wondered where Q shipped that off to.

**this is totally conjecture
    <signature under reconstruction>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want cheap commodities? Yeah you do. Commodity Cheat Sheet (includes food and data samples)

Want to make the game better? Might I suggest this form
    edited October 2012
    Wait a minute... The "New Romulus System"... what was it's ORIGINAL name before it became "New Romulus"?

Ooh, hadn't thought of that! Nice!
    valiant797 wrote: »
    You know what Starbase 234 will be? The old Earth Spacedock model.

I liked the old ESD model, so I wouldn't mind that.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • sc0rpi0besc0rpi0be Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Indeed the old ESD should not go to lose but was not correct for being ESD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    According to Memory-Alpha Starbase 234 is one those bases that is on the planet, not in space.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starbase_234

Although it does have a shipyard.
    edited October 2012
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    According to Memory-Alpha Starbase 234 is one those bases that is on the planet, not in space.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starbase_234

Although it does have a shipyard.

It could still have a base in orbit. And remember, STO takes place a good forty years after that.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just wondering, will the destroyed New Providence colony in the Jouret system be visitable at all?
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Just wondering, will the destroyed New Providence colony in the Jouret system be visitable at all?
    That would be awesome :D It'd be nice to visit the planet, visit the new main colony, but have a view of the scooped-out hollow in the distance ;) Even as just a little mini-zone viewing platform overlooking it
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
    edited October 2012
    amosov78 wrote: »

A memorial on the surface would be cool, as long as there's stuff to do there.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    A memorial on the surface would be cool, as long as there's stuff to do there.

I just had a vision of some entrepreneurial Ferengi merchandisers selling replica children's Borg Cubes beside the crater. *shudders*
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Probably because they already have it in the Iota Pavonis Block...

Which interestingly enough according to Their version ...

ISN'T ANYWHERE NEAR THE KLINGON EMPIRE...

I should have stated that They ...didn't move the ICONIA System"...

my bad. :o
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    edited October 2012
    He said the Ent-D got destroyed in the Archer system, not the Ent-C.

Yesterday's Enterprise took place entirely in the Archer System. The temporal vortex the Ent-C emerged from was linked to the Narendra system.

You never actually see Narendra 3 in Trek until Enterprise Season 2.

Not the first time, Alpha Centauri Sector block doesn't have Alpha Centauri system.

You know, the star charts book isn't even canon. Nothing outside what has been seen in the Live action productions (and some of TAS) is canon. But it is clear based on the layouts of some sectors that the STO team did base some areas based off where they are in the star charts.

It's got to be somewhat Official...

It's based on Official Information taken from the episodes and was put together by two guys who actually worked on the shows...

It's just my opinion, but it's as UN-Officially Official as something like this could be.

(granted it's not perfect, but considering all the continuity errors throughout all the shows, it's pretty darn good)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    edited October 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Oh, Didn't we?

Ah...

So we will have to assume for now, that the New Romulan home world is the Dewa System...?...

OK... I'll give ya that one. :)
    edited October 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    Which interestingly enough according to Their version ...

ISN'T ANYWHERE NEAR THE KLINGON EMPIRE...

I should have stated that They ...didn't move the ICONIA System"...

my bad. :o

All we know from TNG is it is in the Romulan Neutral Zone.

The same map shows Nimbus on the other side of Romulan space.

Maybe the iconians when they came back swapped Iconia with Nimbus using their super duper space magic.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think that Nimbus and Iconia should be swapped before this new sector block goes to Holodeck. The only game mission that I recall which relates to Iconia is Taris. A Commander 8 Romulan story mission. The text need only be edited to refer the Tau Dewa Sector Block for that portion. Granted that would place Taris within the same block as the newer endgame content. But so what? At this point, it needn't matter so much that lower and higher level missions cross paths within a sector block. The same can be said for whatever content is being composed for the Nimbus system.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • wes702wes702 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    did anyone see the Acamar System. Does this mean we might get the Acamarian species in game next ?
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/70/3a/703ae3c4752681b12b15d6e3529747911350084869.jpg

From this image, does anyone recognize the ship on the left, using tetryon weapons and power siphon? It's definitely not Tholian and doesn't look Hirogen, and I don't think any other current NPCs use tetryon weapons.
    edited October 2012
    psiameese wrote: »
    I think that Nimbus and Iconia should be swapped before this new sector block goes to Holodeck.

Why should they be switched? Just because a non-canon book said so?
    edited October 2012
    hevach wrote: »
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/70/3a/703ae3c4752681b12b15d6e3529747911350084869.jpg

From this image, does anyone recognize the ship on the left, using tetryon weapons and power siphon? It's definitely not Tholian and doesn't look Hirogen, and I don't think any other current NPCs use tetryon weapons.

It looks vaguely Klingon. Maybe it's a player ship.

Or maybe even a future timeship?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited October 2012
    The nose does look vaguely like the Pengqu, in the Freudian sense, but it's flatter. And the one in the background (which has the same weapons at least, but end on with plasma fires its impossible to tell the details) doesn't appear to have wings. Its lines look like one of the playable Gorn ships, but it doesn't match any of them, and it's smaller. Much different than the Gorn NPC frigates, as well.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Why should they be switched? Just because a non-canon book said so?

No. Because a soft-canon based computer game (STO) acknowledges a soft-canon book (Star Trek Star Charts) about hard canon starship travels as the foundation for it's game maps. I'm not going to claim the book is perfection. However, IMO, it's a decent place to start from.

There is further discussion regarding the maps in this thread. So I'm taking my cause over there.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • paragon92518paragon92518 Member Posts: 268
    edited October 2012
    I wonder why the Narendra System was not included in the new sectors of space, especially, if the Ambassador Class is scheduled to debut soon. Perhaps the sector that the Rommies took the hulk of the Enterprise is going to be another system altogether [perhaps one of the systems that are coming in-game] ?
    edited October 2012
    I wonder why the Narendra System was not included

It's near the center of the farthest right sector in the new block.