What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best weapon type for PvP

2»

Comments

• dant158#3249 dant158 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'd rather shred his cruiser to pieces.

Btw. the assertion came from a member of TSI, and he claimed he could prove it.

I was referring to the zomboidal nature of the post above yours :P.

I'm not sure what you mean though?
    The debuff is -30 applied to someone using dis, or the debuff is -10 to everybody else, but if dis is shot at an applied target, the debuff is -30?
    The second option is kinda cool. Makes me feel like I'm missing out less in using disruptor :D
  • xxxhellspawnyxxxxxxhellspawnyxxx Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well he confirmed that the debuff from disruptor procs is -10 for all other damage types, so far so good, we all know that. But he claimed the debuff is not -10 but -30 for all incoming disruptor damage. It was around 1 a.m. so I politely declined his offer to test it 1on1.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    dassemsto wrote: »
    Please someone ZOMBIE this thread! Half the mechanics discussed in it were changed a month or two ago, and this thread should be buried and forgotten!

I'm rarely one to complain about necro'd threads (hating how so many folks think that what they have to say deserves its own post and making searching that more difficult); but when it comes to mechanics that have become outdated...have to agree with this sentiment.

This thread needs a disruptor blast to the forehead - and - perhaps a new, more relevant thread could be created...

That being said: 2 Rapid Trans, 1 Breen Cluster, 1 Harp, 2 Disruptor Turrets, and a Chron Mine Launcher. :)
  • totallyrolledtotallyrolled Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    bawj4ws wrote: »
    Phaser proc is the most noticeable. Not sure if its broken or if its because there are now a lot of pets using this weapon type.

still sticking with polaron for energy stripping goodness

If I recall Phaser procs are still broken in that they can chain before the first one wears off. They had nerfed them to grant a 10 second immunity to another phaser proc. But of course we shouldn't expect things to work right should we?
  • ihaterickybobby1ihaterickybobby1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well he confirmed that the debuff from disruptor procs is -10 for all other damage types, so far so good, we all know that. But he claimed the debuff is not -10 but -30 for all incoming disruptor damage. It was around 1 a.m. so I politely declined his offer to test it 1on1.

The proc can be Buffed with tac powers APA,APO, tac fleet etc.. so if you have everything buffed it can prolly get to around -30
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    OK, with the CURRENT weapon info, which weapon is best for PvP ? Am ready to upgrade my disruptors to fleet weapons and need to know if I should stick with disruptors or rekit to Phasers, or something else.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • paxottomanpaxottoman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    PLASMA LIKE THE BORGS!!!

But seriously, it really does depend on what you're trying to do.

An antiproton set up will work well in junction with movement debuffs since it has accuracy issues while in cannon format.

A polaron setup will work well in junction with other power drain abilities such as Tykens Rift or an EMP from a D'kora. Points into power insulators will hard counter this weapon type.

A disruptor setup works well especially when attack patterns beta and delta are abundant, and when sensor scans and sensor analysis are in heavy use.

Tetryon setups are great in large numbers (other players) and will prove even more effective if you're 2 piece omega due to Tetryon glider. (This will be in more common practice in season 7 because of the changes being made to the borg set). Points into power insulators will hard counter this weapon type.

Phasers are generic, but very deadly if they proc at the right time. But also can be easily controlled with engineering teams, points into subsystem repair, batteries, and emergency power to "wsea".

So choose your weapon type based on how you will compliment your team.

In 1v1, I would strongly recommend staying away from anti proton unless you use them in beams. At the same time all the others are applicable. But just remember, weapon types are best demonstrated when they're used in junction with abilities.

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes

PS- Plasma might be great for bleed through builds, but really its a use/test at your own risk type of weapon.
    Turkish RP Heroes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • l0cutus359l0cutus359 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    paxottoman wrote: »
    PLASMA LIKE THE BORGS!!!

But seriously, it really does depend on what you're trying to do.

An antiproton set up will work well in junction with movement debuffs since it has accuracy issues while in cannon format.

A polaron setup will work well in junction with other power drain abilities such as Tykens Rift or an EMP from a D'kora. Points into power insulators will hard counter this weapon type.

A disruptor setup works well especially when attack patterns beta and delta are abundant, and when sensor scans and sensor analysis are in heavy use.

Tetryon setups are great in large numbers (other players) and will prove even more effective if you're 2 piece omega due to Tetryon glider. (This will be in more common practice in season 7 because of the changes being made to the borg set). Points into power insulators will hard counter this weapon type.

Phasers are generic, but very deadly if they proc at the right time. But also can be easily controlled with engineering teams, points into subsystem repair, batteries, and emergency power to "wsea".

So choose your weapon type based on how you will compliment your team.

In 1v1, I would strongly recommend staying away from anti proton unless you use them in beams. At the same time all the others are applicable. But just remember, weapon types are best demonstrated when they're used in junction with abilities.

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes

PS- Plasma might be great for bleed through builds, but really its a use/test at your own risk type of weapon.

I like the Polarized Disruptors in my D'Kora.... Phased Tetryon can be fun as well with the Omega sets.

Thx
    Locutus

Delirium Tremens
    Tier 4 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy
    http://dtfleet.com/
    edited October 2012
    Tnx, I shoulda specified Im lvl 51 tac, in a raptor, energy only. Was a toss-up between Disruptors and Phasers and as I don't have any bound consoles, or STF set items yet I'm starting from a clean slate, without a premade team.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• shookyangshookyang Member Posts: 1,122
    edited October 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Tnx, I shoulda specified Im lvl 51 tac, in a raptor, energy only. Was a toss-up between Disruptors and Phasers and as I don't have any bound consoles, or STF set items yet I'm starting from a clean slate, without a premade team.
    I prefer phasers with [critd]x3. Same critical severity as AP with [critd]x2, and you can get them in mk XII.

If you have any points in Flow Capacitors, I suppose you could go with Polarons.

Actually, you could probably go with Polarons anyways, as they get 2 procs.
  • razellisrazellis Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »

Disruptors are better for PVE play if that matters to you.

That said I'm a big fan of both, spiral wave disruptors are the best weapons ever placed on a support ship and I was ready to kit out every cruiser I ever owned in the things before I found out about the "galor only" clause to the dil-store.

One thing you need to be aware of is that the phaser proc was nerfed. There is a ten second "immune" period after each proc goes off. A phaser proc can still be a death inducing experience and is still the best proc to have for 1V1 PVP but it's no longer a good idea to have a team loaded down with phasers.
    edited October 2012
    razellis wrote: »
    Disruptors are better for PVE play if that matters to you.

That said I'm a big fan of both, spiral wave disruptors are the best weapons ever placed on a support ship and I was ready to kit out every cruiser I ever owned in the things before I found out about the "galor only" clause to the dil-store.

One thing you need to be aware of is that the phaser proc was nerfed. There is a ten second "immune" period after each proc goes off. A phaser proc can still be a death inducing experience and is still the best proc to have for 1V1 PVP but it's no longer a good idea to have a team loaded down with phasers.

Thanks, ya just saved me 80K in fleet marks, and 80K in dilith plus whatever crafting materials needed for purple mk11 consoles.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• aldo1rainealdo1raine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The gauss rifle is pretty OP, LRMs are also solid for damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
    edited October 2012
    aldo1raine wrote: »
    The gauss rifle is pretty OP, LRMs are also solid for damage.

Ya, I'm a PPC guy, but they're kinda crappy ATM. The scope is absolute garbage so I don't boat much, I feel safer spotting and sniping- may end up with the gauss eventually, but lag makes me miss too much and waste ammo.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif