test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Destination Star Trek London

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited October 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Heading to Destination Star Trek London this month? Read more to learn about how you can obtain a special in-game Duty Officer and character title for attending.

Click here to read more.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• domparisdomparis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    woot thank you :D
    =/\= LLAP =/\=
    Join date Jan 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Is there any way to get the Holo-Leeta doff that doesn't involve flying across the Atlantic? :(
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2012
    zulisvel wrote: »
    Is there any way to get the Holo-Leeta doff that doesn't involve flying across the Atlantic? :(

We also gave them out at the Star Trek Las Vegas convention this past August, so there may be other opportunities :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • forcardassia6forcardassia6 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So great to hear about this. Will definitely be getting mine in a few weeks. :D
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yay, always wondered what was going to be in those goodie bags we are getting.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    We also gave them out at the Star Trek Las Vegas convention this past August, so there may be other opportunities :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Yes, because spending the money to travel across multiple states to acquire one doff was completely reasonable. :P

Brandon, could you pass along some feedback that maybe at some point in the future the doff be made available by some other means for those of us who aren't able to attend these conventions?
  • captainmariecaptainmarie Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I dislike Holo Leeta. I would send said DOFF on the most dangerous missions... Plague cures, unsanctioned arena combat, shore-leave on Drozana and anything involving turbolifts.

:D
    ---
    Look at my horta/my horta is amazing/give it a lick/tastes just like raisins.
  • gamerjoshgamerjosh Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

SF Con in november?
    Belief manifests reality
  • captwilhelmcaptwilhelm Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

This doesn't change the question by zulisvel. Not everyone (and I would say most people) doesn't live on the US or near London. So it would be really nice if there were a way for those who doesn't have the slightest chance to go on a conn this far way to get it as well(for me this would be 9000 km trip :eek: ). I don't know. Vet rewards, lock boxes...
    Pre-forum change name: Captain Wilhelm

Thanks Cryptic for introducing the Kelvin Timeline. It remembered why I decided to never more put any money on this game.
  • damecdamec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Leeta has the trait "cunning"? really? :P
  • craigsam13craigsam13 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    How are the conventions that get this determined? There is a Star Trek convention in Orlando this weekend with Avery Brooks, Robert Duncan McNeil, etc. - will they be handed out then too? Are they an "official" convention?

There's also a MegaCon in March 2013 with most of the TNG cast here too. Are they "official?"

I think that the most fair idea would be to make them accessible at all Star Trek conventions, so that people from all over will have access to them.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    london no thx :eek:
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    When will Star Trek ever come down here. We Oceanics are Trekkers too. :(

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Travelling to London to get a Holo doff of the most annoying character on DS9 and Drozana no thank you. Let me know when you come to Newcastle and then I may reconsider
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • falty1979falty1979 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    In Europe is most popular Facebook than Twitter. :confused:
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Cool. So these goody bags, will we be getting them handed to us when we enter, or do we have to go visit someone?

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    grylak wrote: »
    Cool. So these goody bags, will we be getting them handed to us when we enter, or do we have to go visit someone?

You have to "click" 2 Consoles then pet your Tribble....
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    pingahead wrote: »
    You have to "click" 2 Consoles then pet your Tribble....

Last time I did that, my boffs ran off and the police turned up.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • somedudezsomedudez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    WooHoo!

I live 10 minutes away from the eXcel exhibition centre. :P

On a serious note, it's good to see a Star Trek expo here - in little ye old blighty.

5 trek captains makes it a must go for me :D

Will Cryptic/PWE have any representation there???

====================================================
    somedudez
    Redneck Killer

"...with your next 5 bucks buy some zen and keep the game going..."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    zulisvel wrote: »
    Yes, because spending the money to travel across multiple states to acquire one doff was completely reasonable. :P

Brandon, could you pass along some feedback that maybe at some point in the future the doff be made available by some other means for those of us who aren't able to attend these conventions?

Or perhaps a similar one ?

I'm a good customer and a fan too and I'd like to participate in the excitement with you, but I have to stay at home ATM. :D pretty please ?
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

edited October 2012
    somedudez wrote: »
    Will Cryptic/PWE have any representation there???

Not this year :) But make sure to check out the program guide as we'll have a page in there about STO!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    And ppl wonder why players like myself get mad at things like this.

You need something called MONEY to go to london, and you need MONEY to get a ticket.

You people NEVER offer an alternative method to these items for people like myself who has BILLS TO PAY, AND CANT AFFORD A PLANE TICKET.
  • akrilonakrilon Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    And ppl wonder why players like myself get mad at things like this.

You need something called MONEY to go to london, and you need MONEY to get a ticket.

You people NEVER offer an alternative method to these items for people like myself who has BILLS TO PAY, AND CANT AFFORD A PLANE TICKET.

Okay, really... they're offering a duty officer, not a game changing item. They also gave the item out at Star Trek: Vegas, so an inter-continental trip isn't required to get the item.

I have a job and a family, and I don't necessarily have the time to grind STFs. By your logic, they should just give me a MACO set, to accommodate my situation.

I for one think it's nice to offer something small but unique to people who attend a Star Trek convention, so THANK YOU, Cryptic, for doing something fun.
    faddc0e2956f1903cb9ac9197fb10cd8_large.png
  • somedudezsomedudez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just a quick update !

14000 tickets sold!

4000 pound tickets ($6400 US) sold out ! :eek:

Oddly the 40 pounds ($65 US) haven't :confused:

All 5 captains will definitely be attending and
    even the the cancelled stars (Martha Hackett AKA Seska ST:Voyager)
    has decided to make an appearance.

If you order tickets now they will have to be collected at the eXcel box office!

Sunday <----If decide you want to go this is the day to go...trust me!!

Quick note: The organisers will be trying to break the world record for people dressed as
    Star Trek characters !
    Just need 1040 people to stand together for 10 mins! (must be dressed head to toe)

Im off to get my romulan outfit ready! :cool:

Gotta beat the June Las vegas effort!

=========================================
    Redneck noob killer

".....skip lunch and buy zen...."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Not this year :) But make sure to check out the program guide as we'll have a page in there about STO!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Yay... or is it boo? I would love to be there tomorrow and Saturday to tell them exactly what I think of STO!!!!

If any of the STO fans out there that would love to debate how poor STO is tomorrow/Saturday, I will be the one in the costume;)...

Go go Shat, best Captain ever... Oh and Denise Crosby, grrrr, your all mine!!!!
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
    edited October 2012
    For those of you going to DSTL tomorrow, we hope you have fun boldly going where no one has gone before! Don't forget to re-read the article here before you go to make sure you get some sweet STO swag :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • lazarxlazarx Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

If you give them out at a convention in the New York City area, I'll be so beaming over there.
    lazarx_2855.jpg
    edited October 2012
    Here are the instructions to redeem your Convention goodies!:

1. Visit StarTrekOnline.com/Splash
    2. Create a free account. Already have one? Please log in.
    3. Once logged in, click the "My Account" link at the top of the Star Trek Online homepage.
    4. Once in your "My Account" portal, click the "Redeem Key" link.
    5. Enter the key in the field and click "Submit".
    6. If you have not done so already, download the game at StarTrekOnline.com/Download, install and log in.
    7. You can claim your promotional items through the in-game C-Store, under the "Items" tab. (NOTE: This item can be claimed once you unlock the Duty Officer system around level 12.)
    8. Once you've claimed the item, open the box in your inventory to receive your rewards
      [NOTE!] If claiming on a Romulan character, please do not open the box in your inventory until you've chosen an ally.

Once steps 1-6 are complete, steps 7-8 may be repeated on all your existing and future characters. Enjoy!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Does anyone know if all the casts will be at the convention tomorrow? Me and friends want to see all the actors!
  • tehibristehibris Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    !? ALL the cast of ALL the series?! That's... a little impossible. Not only are some of them dead, but there are quite a large number of cast members.

Guest list: http://www.startreklondon.com/guests
This discussion has been closed.