test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Whats up with ESD and Qo'noS???

Comments

• empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    What needs to happen is people defend their station from invaders.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • infernomortisinfernomortis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I beamed down to Qo'noS and then to the KDF academy and there were Fed Maco suited players generally trashing the place.

How the hell did they get there and how can we strike back in ESD :P

Not complaining, this is awesome, just let us fight back.

Ps there was a strange portal in orbit however...
    [SIGPIC]overlord_2097.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    I beamed down to Qo'noS and then to the KDF academy and there were Fed Maco suited players generally trashing the place.

How the hell did they get there and how can we strike back in ESD :P

Not complaining, this is awesome, just let us fight back.

Ps there was a strange portal in orbit however...

There was revenge. Someone killed the DJ and defari ambassador at ESD this morning.
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    foundrelic wrote: »
    While I like many others can enjoy a laugh or two finding Admiral Quinn in Club 47 and Sulu at the bank, the spam about it is getting VERY old.

The only things really old are people who think "what I don;'t like is spam" .
    Now as we know Cryptic is a cheap company and allows people like you who consider "I dont like something then it has to be spam" to silence people in zone chat/fleet chat /mail ... (more or less all the multiplayer part of the massive MULTIPLAYER ).. which in normal free world is against the common sense.
    edited October 2012
    There was revenge. Someone killed the DJ and defari ambassador at ESD this morning.

I suppose that nobody is going to tell me how this is done....
    edited October 2012
    I suppose that nobody is going to tell me how this is done....

Nope because sharing glitches ans exploits can get you banned.
    edited October 2012
    Nope because sharing glitches ans exploits can get you banned.

Not If is in the interests of game development and bug fixes *ahem*

Either that or pm me :P
    edited October 2012

I was PMing a dev about this already so that is done :)
    edited October 2012
    I was PMing a dev about this already so that is done :)

I mean, I'm not complaining, this is the best thing to happen in STO all year. But some of us can't fight and can only watch which sucks :(

But seriously, the best glitch I have ever seen.
  • mikhelper1mikhelper1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Although for some this might seem a bad thing to do... I think this bug, exploit... or whatever you wanna call it, IT'S AWESOME.

Me thinks this should be added to "working as intended" list ASAP. I didn't had so much fun since STO came online a few years ago. I had popcorn too while reading this thread.

Ofc this should be somehow contained so it won't affect whiners and new guys, but it's ironic that Cryptic tries to block something that really is awesome, while keeping the almost useless other things on... like crafting needs dilithium, or PVP doesn't award FM... and so on. Finally those ESD and Qo'nos raids don't even have to be a mission or award anything... the fun is all I need.

think on it C

PS:
    Niwan in the Bar's door with a shotgun in his hands.... Priceless
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I wouldn't kill anybody (my main is Fed and I think it's bad for new players) but I'd be interested in knowing how it's done purely for a better understanding of the game's code and bug hunting. If anyone wants to PM me repro steps, I'd be curious to see if this allows for different bugs that should be looked into.
  • vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah keep this in somehow, and make a zone or two just for this!

Or hell, make it a new PvE/PvP Defending ESD or Qo'nos from attackers / attacking ESD or Qo'nos!

Would be a fun massive PvP map! .. add the Academies too!
    :eek:
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    vinru821 wrote: »
    Yeah keep this in somehow, and make a zone or two just for this!

Or hell, make it a new PvE/PvP Defending ESD or Qo'nos from attackers / attacking ESD or Qo'nos!

Would be a fun massive PvP map! .. add the Academies too!

Agreed.I even said that Id pay to be able to go on Qnos /ESD and attack Quinn or J'mpok :D
    edited October 2012
    I'll add that while I think it's more non-content creating work for the content team, job one is probably to make all NPCs on ESD and Qo'noS con friendly to the opposite faction like NPCs on DS9 and Drosana.

You can close whatever this bug is but history indicates there will always be a new trick that allows people to get where they shouldn't be.

Then add queued ground PvP scenarios using the Qo'noS and ESD maps.

Personally, if I were designing the content, I'd stuff a ship interior/transporter room under each map and make it based around a sort of strategic deployment/resource capture objective with a story scenario about you being aboard a ship that managed to sneak across lines.

And following the end of the fight, have a boss battle against Quinn/J'mpok in the center.

If Feds win on ESD, they defend Quinn in the battle. If KDF wins, they fight Quinn. Vice versa with J'mpok.

I'd have this PvP show up as a two hour event with a tally showing which side is winning more of each of the queued battles.

In each case, at the end, if Quinn gets killed more times than he's defended successfully, the regular ESD zone changes. Likewise J'mpok and Qo'noS.

The NPCs are still in place (for new players) but are shown injured with a doctor attending to them.

Then have special commodity vendors show up near Quinn and J'mpok. If Feds defend Quinn enough, they get a commodity vendor. If they kill J'mpok enough, they get a separate commodity vendor. Likewise Klingons.

Commodity vendors would sell a PvP version of Omega Force uniforms for dilithium. Bartenders serve Romulan Ale and Dosi Rotgut. Variety of special things happen. Lasts until the next event.

Nobody fights on the actual social map but the social map reflects the tally of the fights.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'll add that while I think it's more non-content creating work for the content team, job one is probably to make all NPCs on ESD and Qo'noS con friendly to the opposite faction like NPCs on DS9 and Drosana.

You can close whatever this bug is but history indicates there will always be a new trick that allows people to get where they shouldn't be.

Personally, if I were designing the content, I'd stuff a ship interior/transporter room under each map and make it based around a sort of strategic deployment/resource capture objective with a story scenario about you being aboard a ship that managed to sneak across lines.

And following the end of the fight, have a boss battle against Quinn/J'mpok in the center.

If Feds win on ESD, they defend Quinn in the battle. If KDF wins, they fight Quinn. Vice versa with J'mpok.

I'd have this PvP show up as a two hour event with a tally showing which side is winning more of each of the queued battles.

In each case, at the end, if Quinn gets killed more times than he's defended successfully, the regular ESD zone changes. Likewise J'mpok and Qo'noS.

The NPCs are still in place (for new players) but are shown injured with a doctor attending to them.

Then have special commodity vendors show up near Quinn and J'mpok. If Feds defend Quinn enough, they get a commodity vendor. If they kill J'mpok enough, they get a separate commodity vendor. Likewise Klingons.

Commodity vendors would sell a PvP version of Omega Force uniforms for dilithium. Bartenders serve Romulan Ale and Dosi Rotgut. Variety of special things happen. Lasts until the next event.

Nobody fights on the actual social map but the social map reflects the tally of the fights.
    Love the idea!

What's your in game name?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I like the ideas of PvP being implemented, but don't like the idea of it just being another arena map. Nor the idea of having it like Capture the Flag where you gotta get past the defenders to get to Quinn / J'mpok. It's just too plain.

IMHO, I would honestly like to keep it as normal HUBs, where people are doing their everyday thing. But have certain instances being a regular Open PvP zone (that way PvErs can have the option of getting involved in PvP or not). That way it gives life to the zone and makes PvP unexpected, because you never know when an attack would occur. Whereas a Queued Event, you know it's happening and ends up being just another Arena match (which ends up being boring over time).

But to limit the ammount of raids, I'd say:

1) Limit attacks by those who are Level 50s with unlocked Level 4 Diplomacy / Marauder, as well as Tier 4 Military and Espionage. (Similar attacks could happen on K7 with lower levels).

Maybe involve Fleet Starbases, where Attacks originate and can only be done by a certain Starbase Level?

2) Attacks could only happen by a limited amount of invaders. (Partly due to zone limits, another, well the smaller the attack the greater the odds, and the funner it could be).

3) Have reuse times restricted. Lets say for example you can only attack once per week? (That way people won't be inconvienced by constant attacks or people doing it so often, people stop doing it over time).

And as for Objectives, instead of just going after Quinn and J'mpok, you need other things to do as well. Like Engineers to enable / disable force firelds. Science to heal and neutralize threats like Gas Traps. And other objectives could exist like trying to gain access to a console to access Top Secret information. Or steal a ship from the shipyard, to use for a unique mission.

There, makes it fun, dynamic, and unique, all in one.
    edited October 2012
    Love the idea!

What's your in game name?

Leviathan99

One thing I'd add that would be a fun twist would also be to have traitor NPCs on both sides that can be rallied via optionals and which help in the boss fight.

Surely J'mpok has Klingon enemies who might seize on his weakness and there have to be people in Starfleet who are double agents or Klingons with divided loyalties something.

I'd probably make it this optional where there are NPCs scattered around (Klingon Starfleet officers on ESD, House of Martok Klingons on Qo'noS) and you can go up to them and say, basically, "Help me kill J'mpok/Quinn!" And they either say NO and attack you or join your side.
    edited October 2012
    I like the ideas of PvP being implemented, but don't like the idea of it just being another arena map. Nor the idea of having it like Capture the Flag where you gotta get past the defenders to get to Quinn / J'mpok. It's just too plain.

IMHO, I would honestly like to keep it as normal HUBs, where people are doing their everyday thing. But have certain instances being a regular Open PvP zone (that way PvErs can have the option of getting involved in PvP or not). That way it gives life to the zone and makes PvP unexpected, because you never know when an attack would occur. Whereas a Queued Event, you know it's happening and ends up being just another Arena match (which ends up being boring over time).

But to limit the ammount of raids, I'd say:

1) Limit attacks by those who are Level 50s with unlocked Level 4 Diplomacy / Marauder, as well as Tier 4 Military and Espionage. (Similar attacks could happen on K7 with lower levels).

Maybe involve Fleet Starbases, where Attacks originate and can only be done by a certain Starbase Level?

2) Attacks could only happen by a limited amount of invaders. (Partly due to zone limits, another, well the smaller the attack the greater the odds, and the funner it could be).

3) Have reuse times restricted. Lets say for example you can only attack once per week? (That way people won't be inconvienced by constant attacks or people doing it so often, people stop doing it over time).

And as for Objectives, instead of just going after Quinn and J'mpok, you need other things to do as well. Like Engineers to enable / disable force firelds. Science to heal and neutralize threats like Gas Traps. And other objectives could exist like trying to gain access to a console to access Top Secret information. Or steal a ship from the shipyard, to use for a unique mission.

There, makes it fun, dynamic, and unique, all in one.

Open PvP zones would be cool.

But I don't think ESD/Qo'noS should be open PvP zones and I think participation in PvP should ALWAYS be optional. Personally, I'd like to see more MMOs leave it out as a feature altogether, by design.

My preference for open zone PvP would probably be to have alternate versions of Deferra and Nukara Prime. Maybe double mission rewards but with faction PvP in the zone.

If that goes well, maybe look at 10 player PvP versions of STFs with beefed up enemies and separate Fed and KDF teams... and some of the loot being co-op and some being competed for. Totally revised optionals. You kill eachother while doing the STF, basically, although you can always opt to work together. Maybe with bonuses to loot rolls for whichever side has a higher kill counter against their Fed/KDF allies and optionals that involve both completing while dominating the other side and completing while working together, ie. not utilizing the option to kill eachother.
    edited October 2012
    Open PvP zones would be cool.

But I don't think ESD/Qo'noS should be open PvP zones and I think participation in PvP should ALWAYS be optional. Personally, I'd like to see more MMOs leave it out as a feature altogether, by design.

I know, that's why I said:
    have certain instances being a regular Open PvP zone, (that way PvErs can have the option of getting involved in PvP or not).
    So people have an option to not be involved at all or being in the zone with a chance it could be attacked at any time.
    If that goes well, maybe look at 10 player PvP versions of STFs with beefed up enemies and separate Fed and KDF teams... and some of the loot being co-op and some being competed for. Totally revised optionals. You kill eachother while doing the STF, basically, although you can always opt to work together. Maybe with bonuses to loot rolls for whichever side has a higher kill counter against their Fed/KDF allies and optionals that involve both completing while dominating the other side and completing while working together, ie. not utilizing the option to kill eachother.

To me, fighting PvP over the rights to a dungeon was pretty much the funnest thing you could do in PvP. Winners got the rights to raid, and the losers have to wait til respawn.

But PvPing inside the dungeon, where NPCs could get involved. Quite the opposite. That ends up being the WORST PvP that can occur. People take advantage of NPCs and do lame things like training or waiting for people to fight in PvE and then ambush them in PvP. (This is one of the top reasons why I personally HATE the War Zones).

Honestly, when thinking about that and the ESD / First City maps, NPCs are sided on one side, so you already know the danger of NPCs already being in the battle, so would make PvP all the more challenging. So it's hard to decide of NPC guards attacking you at the same time would be lame or challenging if other players are involved?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hehe... a map that measures a percentage of kills as a PvP aspect would be loads of fun.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Fixed.....
    edited October 2012
    Okay. An evening of testing and I figured it out.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Okay. An evening of testing and I figured it out.

Ooh, any hints? ;)
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Today's patch included one more change that wasn't mentioned in the release notes. The NPCs at ESD are now ?ber strong and attack you immediately when you enter with a KDF toon. IMHO Cryptic actually made this into an irresistible challenge now. A sufficiently large number of KDF warriors should still be able to do a successful raid on ESD. I say it's time to plan for war! :)
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Cryptic actually made this into an irresistible challenge now.

Yes, this. :D

If ESD is the most challenging ground instance in the game, and since most other instances are a joke, that's really irresistible.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
    edited October 2012
    Today's patch included one more change that wasn't mentioned in the release notes. The NPCs at ESD are now ?ber strong and attack you immediately when you enter with a KDF toon. IMHO Cryptic actually made this into an irresistible challenge now. A sufficiently large number of KDF warriors should still be able to do a successful raid on ESD. I say it's time to plan for war! :)

Oh boy, here we go. Real war! :P

Cryptic, it's time to take advantage of this player intiative and make a mission around player invasions. We both know that it's fun, else you wouldn't be logging on NPCs and killing players on Tribble yourself. ;)
    edited October 2012
    This evening the Feds were at it again, but this time there were about 15 of em and they all sat in the council chairs in the main hall in First City and proclaimed in chat that they were the new council. :eek:

A lot of fighting followed but unfortunately only with the NPCs.

Either fix this cryptic (not the best idea)
    or let us all do it and fight (a much better plan!)

:P
    would post some screenies but im not sure how to.
  • therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I also heard the ninja buffed NPCs at ESD were killing FED players like crazy. :)
  • xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited October 2012
    just heard an atack on instance on esd, didnt see anything, but npcs have weps out now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Starfleet Dental currently trolling Qo'Nos