test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unscheduled Maintainence

baronvonhellerbaronvonheller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Does anybody know what they are fixing/breaking this morning?
Post edited by baronvonheller on

Comments

• arcademasterarcademaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I don't know but I HOPE it's the enemies disappearing from ground missions bug.
  • starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2012

we won't get 2 find out i don't think just hope it don't break more stuff...
  • baronvonhellerbaronvonheller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm hoping they fix the "Tour the Galaxy" mission so that it pays out again. I would think that they would be embarrassed that one of their "Featured" daily events is broken, lol.
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited September 2012

maybe khitomer ground? i hope so :)
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    They have to be fixing the game breaking issues introduced in last weeks patch.
    I mean, story line missions, starting with the first one out of the tutorial, as well as STFs , basically anything taking place on a ground map were as broken as it gets, with disappearing enemies, and random teleporting boffs, everyone getting stuck in walls. Also the fact that completed optionals during space STFs were not appearing ....

Basically they really [BLEEPED] up the game with the patch on the 20th. They have to be fixing that ? Right ?

I like the mention in another thread, that as this happened to our game, they were implementing a fix to Champions to be taking care of a problem of NPCs disappearing over there ? Coincidence ? Conspiracy ? Shared Server and code base ?

I have no idea. I just figure they have to be fixing this ? They have to be ?
  • srspellssrspells Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    it was scheduled I saw it on front page of the website.
    || Open Door Policy ||
    | Dues Ex Mechina |
    Fleet Leader
  • varoolvarool Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    it could of taken this long to fix the issue with the ground units jumping from the map to another area then beaming back again after reaching a certain distance.
  • zuzokzuzok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hopefully the ground bugs, the space stf turning bug, k-7 beam-in point, 3 items with completely wrong names
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    srspells wrote: »
    it was scheduled I saw it on front page of the website.

No scheduled is when it is announced a day or more in advance - not just an hour or 2
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Also the plasma-ping-pong-ball issue from the Romulan missions.

And the fact that Romulans like to target each other and sling ping-pong-plasma at each other.

While amusing, they should fix that as well.
    edited September 2012
    I thought that issue was only me. I was leveling a toon up, and had major issues on the Azura, then again on "Skirmish".
    edited September 2012
    I thought that issue was only me. I was leveling a toon up, and had major issues on the Azura, then again on "Skirmish".

Hah no, it was everyone this time.
    edited September 2012

No, it was a pretty widespread game breaker. One guy ragequit in the forums yesterday because of it. Poor guy, I could almost see his veins popping out of his forehead over typed word on the internet.
  • amidoinitrightamidoinitright Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm hoping they fix server stability, i keep getting disconnected almost every time i change maps since the last patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Time played in game. as of 9/12/12 (on my mains) Total 2907 hours.K'zoontite has been on active duty for 34 days, 3 hours, Bot Fly has been on active duty for 55 days, 4 hours, Poppa Capp has been on active duty for 4 days, 12 hours, B'zooka has been on active duty for 12 days, 22 hours,Tater(fed) has been on active duty for 14 days, 10 hours,
    edited September 2012
    themarie wrote: »
    Hah no, it was everyone this time.

On the plus side, I beat the Skirmish with just my Captain. :)
    edited September 2012
    On the plus side, I beat the Skirmish with just my Captain. :)

Alright.
    That's cool.
    Seriously.
  • gojoredgojored Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hi guys, just wondering if any of you had experienced this; I went into a normal cure stf after changing ships, (yup i checked to make sure everything was where it should be equipment wise) and ran in expecting to blase away with my cannons when...nothing, not a shot, a pop, not one shell exploded. it was embarrassing. here i was a tac cap in a jem hadar ship, bristling with weapons, and nope, i coulda been a fly in there. ennyway i had noticed other problems popping up yesterday as far as graphics go, just wondering if anyone else experienced this or has any suggestions as to what it could be?
    Thanks,
    Gojo.
    [SIGPIC]tritrophic mutualism: we get a viable game experience, and perfect worlds new ai "ARC" dines on our zen[/SIGPIC]
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    No scheduled is when it is announced a day or more in advance - not just an hour or 2

They announced it on the launcher quite a few hours ago (as in like 8-9+). So it's not unscheduled just very sudden :p
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

edited September 2012
    themarie wrote: »
    Also the plasma-ping-pong-ball issue from the Romulan missions.

And the fact that Romulans like to target each other and sling ping-pong-plasma at each other.

While amusing, they should fix that as well.

a high yield plasma torpedo going after it's target half explodes then it decides to sit there forever instead of actually exploding. i have seen this too many times, i do find it some what annoying. it is not the only problem i know of about plasma high yield torpedoes, if you position yourself correctly at the side of a transformer on KAS then fire a high yield, it can get stuck there.
  • charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Finally! No more borg hacking through walls, or walking through walls like Infected:mad: I feel cheated that's for sure...:P
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hopefully they'll fix some bugs or do something helpful to the Game...

Live long and prosper.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    askray wrote: »
    They announced it on the launcher quite a few hours ago (as in like 8-9+). So it's not unscheduled just very sudden :p

For all the fuse we give Cryptic I have to HAND it to them BRAVO - the game is much better than 6-7 months ago when whe had the bi-weekly "unscheduled downtime" or crash in the middle of an STF just before grabbing your loot.

I remember that it got so bad at one point people were joking that the crashes were becoming "scheduled"
    edited September 2012
    Finally! No more borg hacking through walls, or walking through walls like Infected:mad: I feel cheated that's for sure...:P

the same with a devidian phantasm shifting through a wall near the computer core on drozana, spent about 30 minutes before it finally got itself unstuck.
  • charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Lol jesus...thank god I didn't play that mission:D
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • jason3131972jason3131972 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    hahaha yeah this game has gone to eht dogs im almost sick of paying for a bugged out game
  • landshark535landshark535 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I hope they are fixing Terradome.

Yes, I was laughing while I was typing this.
    edited September 2012
    I hope they are fixing Terradome.

Yes, I was laughing while I was typing this.

Ah yes the STF that time forgot. LOL
  • jadonovanjadonovan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    askray wrote: »

OK, but they didn't announce it here on the boards? Nor is there something telling us what they're doing?
  • torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Do you think they will kick off Season 7 today? Totally untested?

Ok the difference in Bug-fixing to Season 6 wouldn't be too big, but it looks just like a "normal emergency patch" to keep the game playable (and keep everybody grinding the Omega/MACO/KHG Ground-Sets)...

Just wait a little bit, then you will see what happens to the game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
    edited September 2012
    Do you think they will kick off Season 7 today? Totally untested?

Ok the difference in Bug-fixing to Season 6 wouldn't be too big, but it looks just like a "normal emergency patch" to keep the game playable (and keep everybody grinding the Omega/MACO/KHG Ground-Sets)...

Just wait a little bit, then you will see what happens to the game...

that is very unlikely. there would need to be more advanced warning, it is a good idea to wind up the community for the new release with more information. I also would of thought that such an extensive patch would take a while to install.
This discussion has been closed.