test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You said maintenance is "Done."

You are saying maintenance is done. But I can't log in. The forum also says to set my Widnows 7 to Compatibility mode. I did. Now after all this, and it is nearly an hour after the scheduled time was supposed to finish, why am I not able to log in? It would be nice to get answers about this, and emailing support is actually a joke. I get no response until after the issue is resolved, and even then the only answer is, I see that it is fixed now. That's stupid. Why not fess up when their is an issue, and allow us to respect you for the work you are doing? I might like the game when it works, but until you begin to do your job correctly, I will not respect or like the job you are doing... After all, community created content usually works better for me than the official content does. Somehow that just doesn't seem right. So let's get this fixed already.
Post edited by johnecox on

Comments

• johnecoxjohnecox Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Maybe you think I'm whining here. I don't care if you do. It is now over 2 hours past the time that the maintenance was supposed to be finished. I still can't log in. You ask us to be friendly, but throw stuff like this at us? How can we be friendly when all this happens on a continual basis?

In other words, I can't be friendly to someone who refuses to act like a friend. Just to be sure I am clear, fix the patch and let me back in to the game if you want me to shut up.
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Heres a thought....

Since there are a bunch of posts about people who are actually playing after the patch, and only you are posting that you aren't able to log in, and no one has followed up your post with another post to your thread in the almost two hours your thread has been up... has it occured to you that the problem may actually be something at your end?

Just throwing that out there....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    Heres a thought....

Since there are a bunch of posts about people who are actually playing after the patch, and only you are posting that you aren't able to log in, and no one has followed up your post with another post to your thread in the almost two hours your thread has been up... has it occured to you that the problem may actually be something at your end?

Just throwing that out there....

I did everything requested of me so far.. and no answers. So if they thought it was something on my end they should be saying what the 'something' is. Am I right? Now.. until this is cleared up I need an answer about what went wrong. If it is something on my end I need to know so I can warn others not to do the same, even though the only thing I did was what they actually told me to do, thanks.
    edited September 2012
    Well.. after some complaining, back and forth in email with support trying to figure out what went wrong I finally decided to delete the game from my system. Then I got a new copy. Even after that, restarted the system a few times, and finally. The patch is downloading now.

If this happens to anyone else, do not follow the online instructions, simply get a new copy, and restart your system.
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited September 2012
    I was running fine last night, downloaded the patch this morning, and have had horrible lag and stability issues since. I don't have a problem anywhere else.
    I can load the launcher, but about a third of the time it says patching and doesn't do anything.
    Once, in the progress bar, it actually said server disconnected or something like that. I closed it, launched again and it loaded fine.
    Once I get to the character select screen, and click a toon-either toon- it will either hang while attempting to load and disconnect or look like it's going to load all the way.
    If it gets that far it will load into sector space- but nothing works. Throttle doesn't work- no movement. I can click on the menu, but I can't select anything. For example, I can launch the DOFF screen, but I can't click on complete mission. I can see the chat window, and people chatting, but I can't post.

So basically the game has been unplayable since I downloaded the patch. I'm hoping that it is just alot of people online and/or downloading the patch. I'll try to log in later and see what happens.
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited September 2012
    Finally got logged in and was able to update DOFF missions and move to a new zone.
    From what I can tell the game just got bogged down with people updating. Something similar happened when the last feature episode launched. Back then I couldn't get in at all.

I'm not sure what happened to the OP. But, I do know that an update broke the game for me once and I had to re-install the game to get it running again. Somehow updates can break the client.
    edited September 2012
    bohiap wrote: »
    Finally got logged in and was able to update DOFF missions and move to a new zone.
    From what I can tell the game just got bogged down with people updating. Something similar happened when the last feature episode launched. Back then I couldn't get in at all.

I'm not sure what happened to the OP. But, I do know that an update broke the game for me once and I had to re-install the game to get it running again. Somehow updates can break the client.

Yes. This is exactly what I had to do, and besides you the only response I get is "You must have done something wrong." So, everyone else pay attention, this is a real issue; when someone has this complaint, the answer is reinstall the program, and allow the new program to install the new patch. That is the only thing that seems to work consistently.