test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (September 20, 2012)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited September 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, September 20th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 3 hours.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    linkdown1linkdown1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Is this mario cart 64
  • Options
    hylia#6092 hylia Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Can't help notice that there are NO fixes for the strange white globs of lag in certain instances.

Romulan space has them now in the Alerts.........a bad place when you have BORG SHIPS hunting you down......
    Damn things seem to just pop up where they feel like it.

And I still question the quality of the work that's ( laughingly ) put into patches, as many never work nor the fixes apart from breeding new bugs and glitches. Not and never checked or re-checked methinks....

Derp you should know the answer by now mate "WORKING AS INTENDED":eek:
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Any word on how long until we can put ISS on ships with the Mirror Skin? Using the Regent for obvious reasons.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Any word on how long until we can put ISS on ships with the Mirror Skin? Using the Regent for obvious reasons.

It's in patch notes, and nope it looks like just Mirror Universe ships can be switched to the I.S.S. prefix (not Mirror Universe skinned ships i.e. said ship will be allowed to use the prefix if it was originally a Mirror Universe ship). Cool, Gives me an excuse to pull my MUAC out of mothballs :)

Other than that, meh. let's hope this doesn't break anything else *crosses fingers*
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I was referring more when, not how long it takes us to switch it in game, the additional little text they added to the Holodeck notes over the Tribble notes make this quite clear. I want to know how long until we can see it on our Mirror Skinned ships, since we did get the reward box and we did open it on that toon. If they hadn't allowed us to put the Mirror Hull on the Regent, I would of sold all my Mirror ship reward boxes I got from the Lockboxes. I was hoping we would be able to add the ISS prefix too.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The only bug I'm really interested in seeing fixed at the moment is this one.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • Options
    tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    what are "Operational Assets"?
    What ? Calaway.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The Regent should now adopt whatever fleet emblem the player's fleet uses, like other ships.

it should never have been released in this state to start with , poor qc/testing ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    frostdamagefrostdamage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Engineering Kit summoned pets; drones, turrets, mines, etc.; will now despawn if you remove the kit
    Oh come on!
  • Options
    dapperdrakedapperdrake Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Release notes says :"Klingon players can queue for PVE or PVP only after they complete the tutorial."
    What this does mean? I already ran more than 400 STF and I already got HKG MkXII. But I never ran the tutorial. After the patch I couldn't run any stf? It's not nice.
  • Options
    intrepidukintrepiduk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So still no fix for the non payment of EC during the tour the galaxy event?

Disappointed, but thanks for these fixes anyway.
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    How about the more important things like:

1) In-game lag that has been increasing getting worse over the past month or so. "Rubber-banding" while flying ship or walking/running on ground.

2) Increasing server not responding delays

3) Increased load times/server not responding delays for DS9 and ESD. I personally know of a few people that avoid ESD whenever possible and at times DS9 because of this, and usually find it easier to log out and log back in to get ESD to load faster during tour event.

4)No offense to all the devs but the UI is cluttered and inefficient with CPU resources as is, if someone REALLY has the urge to view the game credits they won't be doing it while playing the game. There are too many redundancies in the UI as is.

5)While I do have a KDF character that I started, the tutorials for the KDF were infuriatingly long and redundant to begin with since you already have to reach level 22 for the FED character. Now you're going to pointlessly revoke PVE/PVP for something people purposely skipped in the first place.

Why not actually use the time and resources to fix things that actually need to be fixed, updated, or flat out replaced instead of wasting the time and resources on trivial things like forcing KDF player to do the tutorial or adding the game credits to the mini-map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Added a game credits button to the minimap dropdown menu.

Why? So we have someone to blame in-between the 'server not responding' errors?
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Was in a CSE and just spawned the Carrier when the 30 minute till shutdown appeared. Had myself a little flashback of the old Cure. ^_^

Wish we could do the old STFs from the old contact, maybe double the EDC and give it a higher chance to drop tech.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would do them just for the story... As it is they don't make any sense anymore. Khitomer in particular.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    brickyardbrickyard Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Oh c'mon, for new players it's maybe helpful to play the tutorials (although some of 'm are rather boring), but why in the heck's name do I need to play the tutors again when starting a new character on a excisting account? Get real :mad:

My advice: make tutorials optional when the player has done tutorials already on a existing character
    P2W is Pay to Play for me, what else? Duh! :D
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Or either it being something defera but with edc's and tech drops LOL. Atleast for ground anyways. If you think about the vast player percentage that absolutely will not do ground even tho its 50% of the game and was 50% of star trek episodes and movies people just do not do it.

Although ground is a lot easier than space the STF's are more designed to use your brain and come up with tactics although I'm finding most players just spam their shooting button and hope to win (also charge in to a room full of borg and then blame the rest of the team for their death).

Edit: Oh yeah they didn't have the common sense to think some people with gazillions of characters would just not do the tutorial for the 500th time. Yet we will on the KDF side be forced to go out and do the tutorial to get into ques on these toons. They will come out with a fix for this in about a year when the people who had the problem already had to go and do the tutorial and again no skip button for the KDF.

For the life of me I do not know why they are doing this because frankly 99% of those contacts do not do anything for you after the tutorial is over with anyways so its really a huge waste of my time.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    How about fixing this one?

[System] [PvPGeneral] Unable to join "Vault Shuttle Event" because you specified the wrong password.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I see no fix for Admiral Quinn appearing by the fountain and club 47 in some instances? Actually, come to think of it... A few of the NPC's are appearing in strange places lately. Like Niwan appearing at Club 47 doorway holding a rifle! lol
  • Options
    sigil93sigil93 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think pulswave rifles can move NPCs if u use point of view mode. I could be wrong. They even move the borg turret things in cure ground frm time to time.
  • Options
    getafix101getafix101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey!!!! Oy!!! Over here....yep down here....

Arrrrrr....youu see us now.... that us land of Oz.

This is not sharing the love!!!!

Please alternate time of "down time/maintenance"!! Come on Devs would't that get ya some overtime every second week if you rotated AM /PM start time. Share the love Devs share......
  • Options
    asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
    edited September 2012
    Oh come on!

Cryptic hates Engineers :(
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Release notes says :"Klingon players can queue for PVE or PVP only after they complete the tutorial."
    What this does mean? I already ran more than 400 STF and I already got HKG MkXII. But I never ran the tutorial. After the patch I couldn't run any stf? It's not nice.

It's going to be epic on these forums if all KDF players log in and can't do any PvE or PvP if they skipped the tutorial.
  • Options
    mikt1mikt1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    * Engineering Kit summoned pets; drones, turrets, mines, etc.; will now despawn if you remove the kit.

Are you serious ? This was actually a good thing ! Why would you broke it ?
    Please go fix things ... like the slow UI... or like releasing a client for Linux.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    getafix101 wrote: »
    Hey!!!! Oy!!! Over here....yep down here....

Arrrrrr....youu see us now.... that us land of Oz.

This is not sharing the love!!!!

Please alternate time of "down time/maintenance"!! Come on Devs would't that get ya some overtime every second week if you rotated AM /PM start time. Share the love Devs share......

Read any of the previous maintenance threads to find out why they do it at this time. (And i do mean ANY of the threads...) :rolleyes:
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    blitzsthblitzsth Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    mikt1 wrote: »
    * Engineering Kit summoned pets; drones, turrets, mines, etc.; will now despawn if you remove the kit.

Are you serious ? This was actually a good thing ! Why would you broke it ?
    Please go fix things ... like the slow UI... or like releasing a client for Linux.

This was an exploit and they have fixed it.

I would have liked to see a fix to the Phased tetryon, how it does not count towards the tetryon accolade and if you stack tetryon tactical consoles, it does not give the proper stack number to the dmg. Lets hope it is in a later patch.
  • Options
    xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have all ways been able to connect to the test server when Holodeck is down for main i am getting a server time out.

And when i try to log in some times i get a unable to Unable to authenticate message and all so on Holo when i try to down load the up date.

A file was locked number 36 on test server
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • Options
    arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    tebsu wrote: »
    what are "Operational Assets"?
    Operational Assets are consumable buffs that can be purchased at a fleets' starbase
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • Options
    snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    well everyone be getting the defiant since it is going down to teir 2 from what i reading on the notes
This discussion has been closed.