test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (September 20, 2012)

2»

Comments

• Options
    jadonovanjadonovan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    getafix101 wrote: »
    Hey!!!! Oy!!! Over here....yep down here....

Arrrrrr....youu see us now.... that us land of Oz.

This is not sharing the love!!!!

Please alternate time of "down time/maintenance"!! Come on Devs would't that get ya some overtime every second week if you rotated AM /PM start time. Share the love Devs share......

I'll answer this more directly. Cryptic tracks, very closely I might add, how many people are playing at a given time. They study this stuff and determined that this current time was when the fewest number of people were playing. So, there you go. No matter who tells you different (because this was from a Dev in last week's thread) Cryptic knows best how many people are on at this time.

...yes, I'll patrol for this same question next week.
  • Options
    torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So, here we are again... Waiting for the return of cardassian- and ferengi-lockboxes.

Why do you have to ruin all our business to sell those old boxes? If you give us the boxes back, why don't you give us a lockbox-launcher, so we could throw these "again worthless" lockboxes back at the Borg?!?

Have you simply run out of ideas? I've heared rumors about Orion-Lockboxes (with half-naked Orions inside) and Deferi-Lockboxes (with semi assimilated Deferi inside)...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • Options
    blitzsthblitzsth Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    jadonovan wrote: »
    ...yes, I'll patrol for this same question next week.

Why bother, it will just be directed at the same people. They didn't listen the first time and they won't listen the following week.

Even if a developer visited every one of them personally and explain it with charts and graphs. They would still keep asking for it to change.
  • Options
    ariseaboveariseabove Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    getafix101 wrote: »
    Hey!!!! Oy!!! Over here....yep down here....

Arrrrrr....youu see us now.... that us land of Oz.

This is not sharing the love!!!!

Please alternate time of "down time/maintenance"!! Come on Devs would't that get ya some overtime every second week if you rotated AM /PM start time. Share the love Devs share......

Say what mate?....I play from Australia too way down in Tassie the server down time is midnight to 3am our time what is wrong with that?

I think we have it better than most to be honest.
  • Options
    sigil93sigil93 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ariseabove wrote: »
    Say what mate?....I play from Australia too way down in Tassie the server down time is midnight to 3am our time what is wrong with that?

I think we have it better than most to be honest.

New Zealand here and I agree. 2am to 4am. :cool:
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    snakeswar2 wrote: »
    well everyone be getting the defiant since it is going down to teir 2 from what i reading on the notes

Hmmm I didn't quite see that in the notes anywhere... I saw where operational assets were being moved down but not actual ships...

I dunno unless I misread somewhere.

Edit: That has to be the operational assets from the store and not the actual playable ships because most of those KDF ones mentioned we do not even have playable in the game. Would be great to be able to purchase a Zilant Battleship for my Gorn though. If its only through fleet shipyard would love to have that ship though.
  • Options
    boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hmmm I didn't quite see that in the notes anywhere... I saw where operational assets were being moved down but not actual ships...

I dunno unless I misread somewhere.

Edit: That has to be the operational assets from the store and not the actual playable ships because most of those KDF ones mentioned we do not even have playable in the game. Would be great to be able to purchase a Zilant Battleship for my Gorn though. If its only through fleet shipyard would love to have that ship though.

You are correct. It is the summoned ship, not the actual playable ship. Zero cleaned it up in a post on the Tribble patch notes yesterday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ozujskoozujsko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    sigil93 wrote: »
    New Zealand here and I agree. 2am to 4am. :cool:

Croatia here and i dont agree. 4pm to 7pm...not cool:mad:
  • Options
    pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    When are we getting our Chararxter Selector Screen.

We are the only MMO on the planet that must log out/in to switch toons
  • Options
    joxertm2joxertm2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ozujsko wrote: »
    Croatia here and i dont agree. 4pm to 7pm...not cool:mad:

WE don't agree. I'm from Croatia too and I'm getting slightly nervous...
    And I don't think that "?uja is da law". ;)
  • Options
    sigil93sigil93 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    pingahead wrote: »

Yeah thats pretty frikkin annoying.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    You are correct. It is the summoned ship, not the actual playable ship. Zero cleaned it up in a post on the Tribble patch notes yesterday.

I was kinda hoping I was wrong and that feds got a defiant at tier 2 and that KDF got to play a Zilant even if it was Tier 5 lol :D

Welcome to CTO Carpel Tunnel Online! :)
  • Options
    borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    why is the server still offline?it is here 18:00, and they say it will be done on 16:00 thats 2 houre's to late!
  • Options
    edited September 2012

In a Q&A with dstahl on Raptr, it was said that (and I don't remember/wholly understand these details) that the authentication scripts/codes would need to be entirely re-written, and therefore is far down on the list.
  • Options
    crematoriumcrematorium Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012

You dont play many mmos....
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Patching....582mbs
  • Options
    smiechosmiecho Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    why is the server still offline?it is here 18:00, and they say it will be done on 16:00 thats 2 houre's to late!

What do you mean by "here"? :) It's 16:30 UTC, 18:30 in my country (GMT+2) so we all have to wait 30 more minutes. Or less.
    Yeeeesss!!! I did it!!
  • Options
    sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Pre-patching...

Expect ~86MB download, and 516MB of data to be patched.
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    In a Q&A with dstahl on Raptr, it was said that (and I don't remember/wholly understand these details) that the authentication scripts/codes would need to be entirely re-written, and therefore is far down on the list.

Re-check your timezone math. This week they blocked off 3 hours instead of the 2 of last week, so therefore they still have approx 30 minutes left in their approx window. Remember it's not uncommon for things to take a little longer. Sometimes it is a little quicker than predicted though.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Re-check your timezone math. This week they blocked off 3 hours instead of the 2 of last week, so therefore they still have approx 30 minutes left in their approx window. Remember it's not uncommon for things to take a little longer. Sometimes it is a little quicker than predicted though.

Agreed, however patching is up earlier than normal. So here is hoping the servers will be back up early :D
  • Options
    torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited September 2012

The german launcher says the game would be down until 18:00 o'clock... I'm in germany and it is 18:36...

At least they got the correct date into it (this time)...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • Options
    htmughosthtmughost Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012

it says from 2pm - 5pm for maintenance for me but its 5.40pm and still closed? hope it gets up and running soon. it has patched for me but when logging in, it says closed for maintenance
  • Options
    brickyardbrickyard Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    STO is UP!
    P2W is Pay to Play for me, what else? Duh! :D
  • Options
    smiechosmiecho Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    htmughost wrote: »
    it says from 2pm - 5pm for maintenance for me but its 5.40pm and still closed?
    My launcher says 1400-1700 UTC. What time zone do you live in? I repeat: in my country it is 18:40 now, but I have time zone GMT+2. That means maintenance takes time between 16:00 and 19:00 in my coutry. I have to wait 20 more minutes.
    Yeeeesss!!! I did it!!
  • Options
    markarichmarkarich Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    way to go Cryptic or PW or whoever... with 17 minutes to spare on top of it... good job guys and gals
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2012
    Maintenance is now complete :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.