test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ambassador Class

killjoy4allkilljoy4all Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Federation Discussion
I am probably alone in this but I have always wanted to see the Enterprise C in action really think a retrofit Ambassador class would be awesome maybe let it except but not come with the saucer separation
Post edited by killjoy4all on

Comments

• Options
    captspadecaptspade Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You are not the only one. It has been discussed so much since launch and the devs are well aware of the fans of this ship wanting it in game. I believe its in their "To do" list but there is no telling if and when it will be put in game.
  • Options
    keppabar42keppabar42 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd suggest searching the forum for "Ambassador" before posting if you want to avoid "OMG noob!" type flame responses. There's probably been more Threads posted asking about Ambasadors on this forum than just about any other ship class.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Based on the recent Podcast interviews the Ambassador is on the list of ships that should be coming out around Season 7 - so basically sometime between now and the end of the year.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    row124row124 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I too have been wait patiently since STO started over 2 years ago. I don't know why they keep adding non-starfleet ships. The Ambassador has been long over due. I don't know why they're stalling so much on this ship.

Every older class starship has been added too. Ships like the: Miranda, Oberth, Constitution, & Excelsior have been in the game for a while now. If these older class ones are in the game then how come they can't launch the Ambassador class too. They keep saying they will add it....someday!
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    row124 wrote: »
    I too have been wait patiently since STO started over 2 years ago. I don't know why they keep adding non-starfleet ships. The Ambassador has been long over due. I don't know why they're stalling so much on this ship.

Every older class starship has been added too. Ships like the: Miranda, Oberth, Constitution, & Excelsior have been in the game for a while now. If these older class ones are in the game then how come they can't launch the Ambassador class too. They keep saying they will add it....someday!

There is at least some rationale for having the Miranda, Oberth and Excelsior classes in the game, as those classes were wildly successful and were used for decades by Starfleet. The Constitution class, not so much, but they at least got around that by saying the Excalibur is a new design that pays homage to the Constitution.

On one hand, I can see the reasoning not to include it, as the Ambassador was never widely used by Starfleet (the show being the best evidence of this), at least, not nearly as widely used as the other classes like the Miranda or Excelsior. On the other hand, I don't see the harm in including it either. And I do like the design, I like it more than some of the newer designs like the Saber, the Galaxy-X, the Olympic or the Prometheus (all look a bit pants). Same goes for the Constellation, but at least there Cryptic made the Stargazer-class.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Havn't we been over all this already, in 100 posts before?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    row124 wrote: »
    In simplest terms, and covered many other times, the Ambassador was going to be a Mission Reward item but the year of FTP conversion screwed up the schedule. The mission idea was not wiped just put on the back-burner until they could get around to it. It would seem it's somehow being incorporated into what's going on with Season 7 - coming in November/December.

Personally I think they should make the Ambassador the 3 year anniversary ship - much like they did with the Odyssey on the 2nd anniversary. Of course that would mean they need to come up with a old KDF ship for the other side too. They could give away a free T3.5 version as homage to the Ent C and then sell a T5 version in the C-Store.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    As much as I like the Ambassador-Class myself, if the ingame-representation of it outclasses the Galaxy-R I'm going to scream :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    alexindcobraalexindcobra Member Posts: 608
    edited September 2012
    stofsk wrote: »
    There is at least some rationale for having the Miranda, Oberth and Excelsior classes in the game, as those classes were wildly successful and were used for decades by Starfleet. The Constitution class, not so much, but they at least got around that by saying the Excalibur is a new design that pays homage to the Constitution.

On one hand, I can see the reasoning not to include it, as the Ambassador was never widely used by Starfleet (the show being the best evidence of this), at least, not nearly as widely used as the other classes like the Miranda or Excelsior. On the other hand, I don't see the harm in including it either. And I do like the design, I like it more than some of the newer designs like the Saber, the Galaxy-X, the Olympic or the Prometheus (all look a bit pants). Same goes for the Constellation, but at least there Cryptic made the Stargazer-class.

Uh, wrong. The ship was used in variouse missons transferring diplomats to the Enterprise-D. It was used in the Battle of Wolf 359(Emissary), its was used in the blockade in "Redemption II". Its shown atleast 6 time in TNG and a few times in DS9. Actually TNG showed the Ambassador Class more often than the Miranda. Miranda's didn't start showing up often till major battles in DS9, because its a frontline cannon fodder ship. You need to go back and watch Star Trek because you memory is shaky.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    angrytarg wrote: »
    As much as I like the Ambassador-Class myself, if the ingame-representation of it outclasses the Galaxy-R I'm going to scream :D

You know thats going to happen because the Galaxy-R needs to be fixed, period.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Uh, wrong. The ship was used in variouse missons transferring diplomats to the Enterprise-D. It was used in the Battle of Wolf 359(Emissary), its was used in the blockade in "Redemption II". Its shown atleast 6 time in TNG and a few times in DS9. Actually TNG showed the Ambassador Class more often than the Miranda. Miranda's didn't start showing up often till major battles in DS9, because its a frontline cannon fodder ship. You need to go back and watch Star Trek because you memory is shaky.
    According to Memory Alpha an Ambassador Class has only had 6 appearances/mentions in Trek:
    TNG: (4)
    "Conspiracy" (debris, and interior via subspace communication)
    "Yesterday's Enterprise"
    "Data's Day"
    "Redemption II"
    DS9: "Emissary"
    ENT: "Future Tense" (database image, saucer section only)
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    In simplest terms, and covered many other times, the Ambassador was going to be a Mission Reward item but the year of FTP conversion screwed up the schedule. The mission idea was not wiped just put on the back-burner until they could get around to it. It would seem it's somehow being incorporated into what's going on with Season 7 - coming in November/December.

Personally I think they should make the Ambassador the 3 year anniversary ship - much like they did with the Odyssey on the 2nd anniversary. Of course that would mean they need to come up with a old KDF ship for the other side too. They could give away a free T3.5 version as homage to the Ent C and then sell a T5 version in the C-Store.

Well, that's easy:

K'vort Battlecruiser.
    It was even in the same episode and we know those were also in service in the unaltered timeline.:)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Well, that's easy:

K'vort Battlecruiser.
    It was even in the same episode and we know those were also in service in the unaltered timeline.:)
    It seems like a perfect solution then: Ambassador and K'vort as the 3rd Anniversary ship choices. I'd go for that. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    According to Memory Alpha an Ambassador Class has only had 6 appearances/mentions in Trek:

Well, there were also various ships with a 26XXX registry that appeared later in several episodes on background screens etc. and the Encyclopedia lists them as Ambassadors.
    And as we already know STO used material from the Encyclopedia and several technical manauls as legit info.
    This would mean that Ambassadors were still in service during the Dominion War.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Well, there were also various ships with a 26XXX registry that appeared later in several episodes on background screens etc. and the Encyclopedia lists them as Ambassadors.
    And as we already know STO used material from the Encyclopedia and several technical manauls as legit info.
    This would mean that Ambassadors were still in service during the Dominion War.
    I have no problem with them being Ambassador Class in STO. I was simply pointing out that there's only 6 confirmed appearances in canon - and only 4 of them actually showed the ship doing something.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I have no problem with them being Ambassador Class in STO. I was simply pointing out that there's only 6 confirmed appearances in canon - and only 4 of them actually showed the ship doing something.

Didn't say that.:)
    Just think of my comment as an addendum.;)
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It seems like a perfect solution then: Ambassador and K'vort as the 3rd Anniversary ship choices. I'd go for that. :)

I also agree on this!
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I rather have it as Ann. or a C-store ship. Since most of us who would love to have it can have a chance at it. As new players start up I'm sure they would love to have it. Or ones like myself who can play a limit amount of time per week.

I say a Ann., later C store, or award for doing a mission story. But leave it there for others as they do it later.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    paragon92518paragon92518 Member Posts: 268
    edited September 2012
    angrytarg wrote: »

Well...it's very *likely* the Ambassador will out-maneuver the current Galaxy in terms of turning. Ambassador should have less crew. Beyond those *educated-guess* speculations, it remains to be seen what Ambassador will offer, and how the BO layout will be. I can imagine it about on par with the Galaxy as it has been stated in various places that the last generation of Ambassador refits put them "on par" with it's younger sister, the Galaxy.

I plan on being one of the first players to purchase one, trade for one, or get one by any means available no matter what :D
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    You just contradicted yourself. You say that the Ambassador class showed more often than the Miranda, EXCEPT if you count DS9 where there were dozens of them? Why on earth make that bizarre qualification?

You also say that the Ambassador had more appearances than the Miranda in TNG, except that's not really true. In TNG it appeared in 'Yesterday's Enterprise', 'Redemption part 2' and 'Data's Day'. That's three, the debris cloud in 'Conspiracy' might be a technicality, but I wouldn't count it because the model hadn't even been built at that point and wouldn't be for another couple of years. Meanwhile the Miranda had three appearances in TNG - 'Unnatural Selection', 'Night Terrors' and 'Unification part 1' - oh wow, they're exactly tied for equal number of appearances! Yes the Ambassador sure did have an overwhelming number of appearances in TNG. Yep. :rolleyes:

But then, I never qualified my statement by saying TNG only, indeed, why would I make a point like that? It's obvious from the context of my post that I'm counting the huge numbers of Mirandas we see in DS9's fleet battles. How many would that make it? 23 separate episode appearances according to Memory-Alpha; compared to the single instance of the USS Yamaguchi in 'Emissary', we never see another Ambassador-class ship in DS9.

I'm not entirely sure why you think my memory is shaky, when you simply could have gone to Memory-alpha and double-checked for yourself.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Also considering its going to a event ship dont expect it to be as capable as the Galaxy class (well besides the T4) or the T5 Excelsior since those are pay ships, I am really not surprised at all you people are already trying to make it better that the Galaxy Retrofit.
    First, we don't know if it will be an Event Ship, and I don't believe anyone's trying to make it better then the Galaxy R. At best we just want a T5 option in the C-Store to go along with a T3.5 option - just like the Excelsior.

As has been mentioned many times before, the plan seemed to be to make the Ambassador more science-heavy rather then tac-heavy like the Excelsior or engineering-heavy like the Galaxy. So we essentially are just getting another T5 cruiser. For many of us non-PvPers how it looks is far more important then how it operates. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    You just contradicted yourself. You say that the Ambassador class showed more often than the Miranda, EXCEPT if you count DS9 where there were dozens of them? Why on earth make that bizarre qualification?

You also say that the Ambassador had more appearances than the Miranda in TNG, except that's not really true. In TNG it appeared in 'Yesterday's Enterprise', 'Redemption part 2' and 'Data's Day'. That's three, the debris cloud in 'Conspiracy' might be a technicality, but I wouldn't count it because the model hadn't even been built at that point and wouldn't be for another couple of years. Meanwhile the Miranda had three appearances in TNG - 'Unnatural Selection', 'Night Terrors' and 'Unification part 1' - oh wow, they're exactly tied for equal number of appearances! Yes the Ambassador sure did have an overwhelming number of appearances in TNG. Yep. :rolleyes:

But then, I never qualified my statement by saying TNG only, indeed, why would I make a point like that? It's obvious from the context of my post that I'm counting the huge numbers of Mirandas we see in DS9's fleet battles. How many would that make it? 23 separate episode appearances according to Memory-Alpha; compared to the single instance of the USS Yamaguchi in 'Emissary', we never see another Ambassador-class ship in DS9.

I'm not entirely sure why you think my memory is shaky, when you simply could have gone to Memory-alpha and double-checked for yourself.

I don't need memory Alpha for everything, I own seasons 1-5 and 7 of TNG. There are a few episodes where they just transfer personel. You just confirmed everything I already said. I said Ambassador had more showing in TNG, while Miranda shows up mostly in battles in DS9.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    First, we don't know if it will be an Event Ship, and I don't believe anyone's trying to make it better then the Galaxy R. At best we just want a T5 option in the C-Store to go along with a T3.5 option - just like the Excelsior.

As has been mentioned many times before, the plan seemed to be to make the Ambassador more science-heavy rather then tac-heavy like the Excelsior or engineering-heavy like the Galaxy. So we essentially are just getting another T5 cruiser. For many of us non-PvPers how it looks is far more important then how it operates. :)

What are you talking about? The Excelsior is Engineer heavy. I owned and flew one.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I don't need memory Alpha for everything, I own seasons 1-5 and 7 of TNG. There are a few episodes where they just transfer personel. You just confirmed everything I already said. I said Ambassador had more showing in TNG, while Miranda shows up mostly in battles in DS9.
    So what? My point is that the Miranda, Excelsior, and other classes showed up more often than the Ambassador - so it makes sense to see those ships more often than not, a point you didn't really address at all, except to say that the Ambassador showed up one more time in TNG than the Miranda (as a debris cloud no less, otherwise they were equal in terms of appearances).
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    When come out with the Ambassador, i hope they come out with a new brigde package. These current free bridges suck and are not canon. The only onese I like are the Galaxy bridges but everything can't have a galaxy bridge. The bridges they have for Intrepid class is not the type of bridge in "Voyager," and they don't have any bridges that match the Excelsior class, Miranda, or the Constition Refit.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    So what? My point is that the Miranda, Excelsior, and other classes showed up more often than the Ambassador - so it makes sense to see those ships more often than not, a point you didn't really address at all, except to say that the Ambassador showed up one more time in TNG than the Miranda (as a debris cloud no less, otherwise they were equal in terms of appearances).

What are you arguing about? I said TNG and you want to argue about numbers in DS9.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    What are you arguing about? I said TNG and you want to argue about numbers in DS9.
    What are you arguing about? You came into this thread taking issue about something I never said (I never said that the Miranda had more appearances than the Ambassador in TNG; I said it had more overall).
  • Options
    stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What are you talking about? The Excelsior is Engineer heavy. I owned and flew one.
    I am uncertain as to what game you are playing? The T5 Excelsior has an 8 Turn Rate, which is the best of all Cruisers. It has a Lieutenant Commander Tactical BOFF slot, giving it access to many good Tactical abilities which other Cruisers do not have. It also has a third Tactical Console slot for added firepower. The Excelsior was the best Federation Tactical Cruiser in the game until the T5.5 Tactical Odyssey was introduced.