test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet ship BASIC customisation cost 1500 zen???

zanthe25zanthe25 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
edited September 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I recent got the fleet scourge destroyer, however i now find that i cant even do basic visual customisations such as colour as it cost 1500 zen BEFORE i make any alterations...

and they is no way to eliminate the cost, surely this is a bug? cant even give my ship a colour or pick a free bridge style?
Post edited by zanthe25 on

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Of cause it ain't a bug...

To me it seems natural that they'd want you to put money into the buissness
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    While there's some ships that don't have any replaceable parts for free, I can't remember any other ship that you can't even change the COLOR of. Almost certainly a bug... despite the protestations of the Ferengi Alliance in the previous post.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=5716281#post5716281

For me, even having the zen and accidentally clicking accept didn't work - a different error came up and I wasn't charged.
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Probably another case of broken as expected...

The idea is this: If a Fed buys a fleet ship that has a C-store version, that C-store version tends to have it's own special hulltype, Type VI. If this Fed owns the C-store variant, he can use that skin. If not, he gets the popup you get: You want to use this hull color, you have to buy the C-store variant first. No big deal, as most Fed ships have shipyard variants with three or four free hulltypes to chose from.

Now on the KDF side, pretty much all of the non-Klingon ships are C-store ships. And apparently, their skins count as included with the sale as well. With no other skins on free versions, that yes, means you can't change your fleet ship's appearance.

I would not expect this to get resolved in your favor. They might make the buy button work, they might clarify any popup messages, and only if you're really, really lucky will they maybe unlock a skin or two on C-store ships that come with more than one hulltype to chose from.

Pattern colors should be free though. If that's the color that's been mentioned, that's almost almost certainly nowhere close to working as intended.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2012
    zanthe25 wrote: »
    I recent got the fleet scourge destroyer, however i now find that i cant even do basic visual customisations such as colour as it cost 1500 zen BEFORE i make any alterations...

and they is no way to eliminate the cost, surely this is a bug? cant even give my ship a colour or pick a free bridge style?

This is a known issue that we're trying to resolve. In the meantime, if the ship is one you've purchased from the C-Store/ account wide unlocks (NOT fleet ships, lock box ships, Anniversary Odyssey, etc -- those that are not account wide unlocks), please discharge the ship and reclaim it.

In your case, you would not want to dismiss the ship since you can't reclaim it -- you would need to wait for a fix, so please watch the weekly patch notes :)

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • zanthe25zanthe25 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This is a known issue that we're trying to resolve. In the meantime, if the ship is one you've purchased from the C-Store/ account wide unlocks (NOT fleet ships, lock box ships, Anniversary Odyssey, etc -- those that are not account wide unlocks), please discharge the ship and reclaim it.

In your case, you would not want to dismiss the ship since you can't reclaim it -- you would need to wait for a fix, so please watch the weekly patch notes :)

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks and its great to hear that it is being worked on.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    why can't we reclaim them? especially if there is a Zen Cost involved? Not for the customization, but for the modules as well?
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    why can't we reclaim them? especially if there is a Zen Cost involved? Not for the customization, but for the modules as well?

Because that is their way of selling PER CHARACTER Ships without having them listed as such in the C-Store.

PS:
    i have the same problem on the Fleet Scourge,
    i did buy the Tier 3 and 4 variants of the Orion Ships (which was a waist of c-points, 2 whole afternoons and i had outleveled them AND they only came with Shuttles that are now in the Dilithium Store and in better versions.) but the Fleet version does NOT result in the bug.

So if you buy the lower level ship in the C-Store you won't get the bug, only if you bought the Fleet Ship directly.

So if you buy the normal Scourge, directly through the C-Store the error should not occur.
    Of course we do not want to do this because the C-Store scourge gives us nothing but a C-Store console that we don't care about to begin with.

Anyway i am happy to report that my Gorn Tac Captain loves the Fleet Scourge, even without the yellow window option for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]