test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ask Cryptic: September 2012 - Submit Your Questions, Please!

Comments

• gazeofdragongazeofdragon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I want an EASY way to make a hotkey to say /team target "X"
    instead of going through and doing /bind bindkey 0 1 bla bla bla chatfunction 000x000000e 1011110000001100111011000001001000 function:positive; inlay px 150x150
  • general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hello. don't know if my questions will see the light of day but

Q. Will we see the Narada and Jellyfish as possible in game ships?

Q. I've heard rumors among fleets STO is going to do territory sectors soon? please tell me this is just a horrible, horrible rumor and not true?
    podsix wrote: »

I only have the one question: "Where's my Ambassador Class?"
    this too-^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Currently the KDF has an alternate means of earning 'Gold Pressed Latinum' (e.g. Tribble Bounty) with no functional equivalent on the Federation side. Would it be possible to add a 'Tribble Bounty' assignment on the Federation side? (e.g. a bounty on 'Cannibal Tribbles')
  • psyloafpsyloaf Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    A while ago there was mention of a first officer system, specifically seeing Captain powers from another career being used in addition to our regular powers. Since we've heard nothing on the system since, any chance of an update?
    Fleet Advanced Research Vessel T6
    Commander Science, Lieutenant Commander Engineering, Lieutenant Commander Universal, Lieutenant Tactical, Ensign Science
  • domparisdomparis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1: will the ability to get fleet marks from doing story missions with people from your fleet?

2:What is the ship Veterans get at 1000 days

3: Will fleets be allowed to customise their SB's interiors (TOS style, TNG etc...) in the near future.
    =/\= LLAP =/\=
    Join date Jan 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainwallis84captainwallis84 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Greetings Cryptic,

My question is very simple to answer. I've heard that a TNG bundle pack may become a reality. If so, do you know what you might add in with it? Weather you may use the next gen Galaxy bridge from the shows, or the one they used in Generations?

Also, I think it would be a good way off adding the "dust-buster" and "cobra" head phasers to the the game too.

Ever since I saw the TOS interior, and then recently the Belfast interior (Defiant), I soooo cant wait to walk to engineering and take a look round the MSD's of the Galaxy class.

Finally...Is there at least a rough time scale we could expect to see this interior set added in game?

Many Thanks

Ash
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Currently the KDF has an alternate means of earning 'Gold Pressed Latinum' (e.g. Tribble Bounty) with no functional equivalent on the Federation side. Would it be possible to add a 'Tribble Bounty' assignment on the Federation side? (e.g. a bounty on 'Cannibal Tribbles')

Why ? Feds want useless latinum too ? Besides, feds LOVE tribbles-they're like little kittens.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The 1000 Day veteran reward for Champions included a refinement limit increase from 8000 to 16000 of their dilithium counterpart, i hope the same thing will happen to STO?

When will we be able to move the Elite STF drops through the Account Bank to the Characters that we want to use the item on?

Any possible exploit can be prevented by only making the "REQUISITIONS" account wide (not the item itself [you could unlock the accolade for the costume that way], not the EDC/Salvage/Tech token [players can turn those in for dilithium, and could circumvent the 8000 / day limit].

If there are any other issues, then pls explain in detail what it is.

//

i rly would like to not have to alt+tab to this thing anymore after every STF: http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/r040dkt7/stf.jpg

btw. good job on the Elite Phaser Rifle Art Assets....
    but when will we get the real deal? -> TNG Movie Rifles Replicas! MAKE IT SO!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Can you please fix it, that when i log out of the game that it remembers my PWE username so I don't have to type it in all the time.
    Bridger.png
  • nikkyvixnikkyvix Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Currently, Fleets have no in-game means of recording their own knowledgebase or conversational library. Having to explain verbally to every new player what has come before (fleet rules, current updates like news and polls or fleet mechanics discussions) can be tiring and fleet owners like me basically save notepad files to copy-paste common things to people. Has there been any consideration for allowing fleets to utilize or earn a sort of Trek-themed messageboard or BBS for member convo and records?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Artist Formerly Known As Nikotaka ][ Join Date: Jan 2010
    "Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers...?"
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    robeasom wrote: »
    Will there be anymore KDF content or should I just delete my klingon character and play soemthing worthwhile like Guildwars 2?

Come on seriously - you expect a real answer to this? In fact you don't. As a politican famously answered a question - why do politians lie so much - "because if I told you the truth you would never elect me"
  • nikkyvixnikkyvix Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Will there be any consideration towards utilizing bridge officers in Fleet Projects in a similar facility to Duty Officers and other requirements to complete?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Artist Formerly Known As Nikotaka ][ Join Date: Jan 2010
    "Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers...?"
  • ygyhuuygyhuu Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Can you do something about the drama queens on? They keep trolling and downing everyone.

Do something about the Zone chat on DS9 ppl are trolling about the stupidest stuff.
  • daerdelushdaerdelush Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Might have missed it this time but just in case: Are there any plans for proper Steam integration? Like updates and Account Management and so on?
  • rfzanderrfzander Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Will we ever be able to customize the stations that our BOFFs are at when we visit our bridge?? For example will I ever be able to always have the BOFF I have as a first officer in the correct chair or can I place my chief medical officer in sick bay or my chief engineer in main engineering??
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    Are the KDF actually going to get anything new and shiny, most of the recent releases have been Fed this, Fed that, getting boring now.

This was already answered by Al - who "claims" that the KDF will get new ships - just that the next several ships - ie well into 2013 will all be Fed - with the exception of a possible 1000 vet award

Bring on the VESTA - it's aready in the foundry(as a error - expect it to be gone now) and Dan said it 100% guaranteed as a Fed ship - hoping in a few weeks

Good Job Cryptic Keep those Fed ships rolling semi-monthly off the line!!! yeah!!
  • hoipoloihoipoloi Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    With the advent of the new Fleet Shields, Engines and Deflectors will there be a costume unlock for the Maco, Honor Guard, Omega ship set such as we have for the Ground Set? I love the Honor Guard look on my ship.. it would be a shame to lose it.

When will the KDF get more costumes either Uniforms or Casual...? I would pay to have access to the costumes that Orion's and Gorn's have in game already... anything to add a little bit more choice.

Would it be possible to have a science ship put into the fleet shipyards...? I know the Gorn ships might not be the best looking but a Fleet Varanus would be awesome!

A big thank you to all the Cryptic team for the great work you do!
    edited August 2012
    Will there ever be a carrier for an engineer?
  • raifin1701raifin1701 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This is a question about Updating BOFF Training in the future, specifically the Liberated Borg BOFF...

My Science captain is often frustrated with BOFF training, for example, he would like to have the Liberated Borg Engineer (he received when buying the STO game) trained in Emergency Power to Shields 3.

However, he can't train that skill. He can't trade the bridge officer to another player, as it can't be traded. He can't get that skill from a vendor/ESD trainer as they don't sell skills that can be taught by characters. He can't buy a BOFF on the exchange that has it, as BOFFs on the exchange (candidates) don't have EPTS3 as it can be trained by players.

I know this isn't a new problem, and has been around for some time, but it does come up again and again. I even put in a ticket to see if they could just change the skill on my officer, and was told that was not something they could do.

I doubt the intention was that only Engineer players would be able to make full use of the Liberated Borg Bridge officer, and the other untradable bridge officers like her. (Most of these characters are a 'special' bonus to those who have them. Seems odd to limit their use.)

Are there any future plans to update officer training in STO?

Bridge officers trained by PADD?
    (Perhaps a crafting recipe for Datapads that one could use to "upload" a certain BO skill you can teach to Boff. And then trade it or put it on the exchange.)
    Trade Window have a special slot for training, so the Boff could be trained without leaving your control?
    Perhaps allow Bridge Officers to be placed in the account bank and trained by other characters on the same account?
    (I'd be happy with a vendor that we could spend dilithium on to train the bridge officers who are 'untradeable.')

Thank you, hopefully this is not 'Working as Intended'. ; )

Chris

Original thread:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=361501&highlight=liberated+borg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Star Trek Online Enlistment Date: February 2010
    Fleet website: www.stoacademy.com
  • guglifguglif Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Maybe someone already said that...
    Why don't make a starbase limited time project like "Interior design 2" which upgrades a little the design of the engineering, science and tactical levels? Just to make it more similar to the (beautiful) main level?
  • liesamberliesamber Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have a few questions:

1) Will we be seeing new effects into the game? Perhaps new explosion effects, shield effects, new weapon textures or so?

2) The DS9 Promenade feels a bit empty.. Can't you devs prop some bajorans or other aliens into it so it feels more "joyful". I have the feeling if I'm walking down the promenade that everyone is gone or a sleep..

3) Are there plans to place Odo's security office / Garak's tailor shop and Bashir's medical sickbay in the DS9 Promenade?

These are some small stuff but I think they can boost up the game even more! Thanks ;)
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    When are the improvements to crafting coming for those of us that are solo players and refuse to join a fleet? We shouldn't be given the "talk to the hand" treatment because we don't like a certain aspect of the game.
    edited August 2012
    When are the improvements to crafting coming for those of us that are solo players and refuse to join a fleet? We shouldn't be given the "talk to the hand" treatment because we don't like a certain aspect of the game.

Never cuz no1 cares about loners.
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    When can we get a ship's doctor to fix Player and BOFF injuries in the sickbay?

After all our ship is able to be repaired in space as long as you have the components in inventory. Our ships has sickbays and a "doctor" that is a source of DOFF assignments.

Let's make the Doctor be able to fix injuries. Take the functions that the starbase NPC Doctors have and apply it to the Doctor in our sickbays, should be pretty easy.

Thanks!
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    My question is: can you put a limit on how much a person can donate to a starbase to stop hi rollers from bank rolling starbase projects?
    CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
  • captaindjm15captaindjm15 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    my question is: since many missions have dilithium rewards is there any chance the dilithium cap will be changed to a higher cap like 15000 or 20000?
  • kel1restkel1rest Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    My question is whether there will be an in-game explanation for what happened to the Enterprise-E? The Path to 2409 leaves things open-ended, with it investigating Starbase 236, but we've heard nothing about it being destroyed as far as I know.
  • halcyon3halcyon3 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sirokk wrote: »
    When can we get a ship's doctor to fix Player and BOFF injuries in the sickbay?

After all our ship is able to be repaired in space as long as you have the components in inventory. Our ships has sickbays and a "doctor" that is a source of DOFF assignments.

Let's make the Doctor be able to fix injuries. Take the functions that the starbase NPC Doctors have and apply it to the Doctor in our sickbays, should be pretty easy.

Thanks!

like the ship injuries this can be done in space with regenerators :rolleyes:
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I havent asked a question in sometime so here goes my question to you....

Are there plans to allow BOF's to be able to display maco/omega and honor guard sets? I think this would be a great addition for our bofs with the amount of work we put into getting the "elite" gear.

Also, to the whole aspect of clothing or customization, when are we going to see more klingon based clothing put into game, rather seeing so many new Fed based clothing.. i mean common racing suits... lets have some love for the faction that rarely gets something please.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • lanceandragon#1584 lanceandragon Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Will we see any more 2409 (type 6 material) ships coming out in the near future?
This discussion has been closed.