Install Arc
Options

Cryptic, a journey from Korea to China.

2»

Comments

• Options
    flywizflywiz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Um, no. Just because someone has a reason for doing something doesn't necessarily make what they're doing morally right.

The North Carolina eugenics program (which pretty much ended in the 70s - the 2003 repeal was just a formality) applied to only a small group of people, and is no longer in use. The Chinese one-child policy, on the other hand, applies to the entire populace. Not to mention it is still in force.

I could go on, but try telling Chen Guangcheng that the People's Republic of China and the USA are, in terms of internal governance, on the same moral level. I dare you.

Well, maybe Perfect World shouldn't have been located in such a controversial nation. :P

I think you should try telling that the US has more morals than China to the kids that died in the bombings. I agree, I think we are at least trying to get better, but, the past will always be there.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    And it looks like I'm the only one who doesn't think the current US government is morally equivalent to the Chinese Communist Party... :rolleyes:

More like you're the only one that doesn't grasp the difference between giving money to a company harming no one and giving money to a totalitarian government. People have tried to explain it to you, yet it continues to fly over your head.

I'll give you credit, though. You're at least smart enough to specifically name the ruling party rather than the Chinese people in general. But it's still sort of like being the smartest student in a class where everyone... no, no that's too mean, I'll stop there.
  • Options
    nikoagonistesnikoagonistes Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    flywiz wrote: »
    I think you should try telling that the US has more morals than China to the kids that died in the bombings. I agree, I think we are at least trying to get better, but, the past will always be there.
    Which bombings? The Aurora shootings? (Which weren't bombings anyway.) Because I don't think that was sponsored by the US government...
    jexsamx wrote: »
    More like you're the only one that doesn't grasp the difference between giving money to a company harming no one and giving money to a totalitarian government. People have tried to explain it to you, yet it continues to fly over your head.
    But the government taxes companies located in its countries, so some of that money given to that company does wind up in the hands of said totalitarian government.

And was the insult absolutely neccessary?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Which bombings? The Aurora shootings? (Which weren't bombings anyway.) Because I don't think that was sponsored by the US government...

But the government taxes companies located in its countries, so some of that money given to that company does wind up in the hands of said totalitarian government.

And was the insult absolutely neccessary?

Not the Aurora shootings. I'm talking about the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings. Where literal thousands of children were killed for no good reason.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Great.

That means that ever time I've bought Cryptic Points, I've been giving aid and support to a murderous, totalitarian government. :mad:
    Actually, PW is a publicly-traded corporation, so every time you buy Zen you're actually giving aid to me - and millions of others who own PWRD stock. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    nikoagonistesnikoagonistes Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    flywiz wrote: »
    Not the Aurora shootings. I'm talking about the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings. Where literal thousands of children were killed for no good reason.
    Well, actually on those two events, I'd agree. However, I would also add they happened over 60 or so years ago. China's policies, however, continue to be implemented to this day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Well, actually on those two events, I'd agree. However, I would also add they happened over 60 or so years ago. China's policies, however, continue to be implemented to this day.

Which is why, like I said, I would agree that we are trying to get better. It may not be getting better fast, but, we are getting better. But, the past is always there.