test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to log in

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I'm managing to get as far as the the loading screen for sector space and it keeps saying server not responding, can't get any further than that. Loads up to the character selection screen fine but not working after that. Are the servers being a bit slow tonight or something?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    You're lucky, I can't get past the Connecting to the Account Server screen. Come on, Cryptic.
    edited May 2012
    ok ... see im not alone :) ... just started to play and it`s a nice game ... is the server off?:confused:
    edited May 2012
    You're both lucky. I can't get mine to open at all.
  • bastet111bastet111 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Let me be the first today to document the failure/critical failure login attempt I am getting after the most recent patch (8-16-2012).

At exactly 9:02 PDT, the Server Status went from Red to Green Status ... naturally implying we were all set to log back into our beloved game.

However, upon loading the Client, I noted that my "Login Name" field was Blank, ... odd, but not unusual for Windows to arbitrarily lose my save-information. So I complete that section.

Things became odd when I discovered that <Tab> - which *should* have brought me to the "Password" field, did not work. So I manually click there, and input my password.

Things become odder-still when I hit <Enter> - which normally should do it - and the Cliente does not respond. So, naturally, I physically click the "Login" button, and immediatley, before even attempting to load a patch or anything, I get the wonder "Cryptic Error Handlere" super-crash/CrypticError:Oops! crash cliente.

Not giving up there, I slogged my way though directory after directory until I found the actual game itself, hoping that it was just a Cliente failure.

Directly accessing the game actually prompted the load screen, which I was happy with, and my User Name was populated without my input - also happy there. So I input my password... and you guessed it - nada. Server timed out.

For information, I am running on a Windows 7, 64-bit system, and the game itself runs through the STEAM cliente since I found it more stable than the direct-download version I had previously.

Anyone else noting this problem?
  • thecipherthecipher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bastet, I'm having the exact same problem, down to running the same OS (win7 64 bit).

Launching the game client directly (and bypassing the steam launcher) gets me to the login screen and then it hangs on connecting to account server.
  • zinfyndaelzinfyndael Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    bastet111 wrote: »
    Let me be the first today to document the failure/critical failure login attempt I am getting after the most recent patch (8-16-2012).

At exactly 9:02 PDT, the Server Status went from Red to Green Status ... naturally implying we were all set to log back into our beloved game.

However, upon loading the Client, I noted that my "Login Name" field was Blank, ... odd, but not unusual for Windows to arbitrarily lose my save-information. So I complete that section.

Things became odd when I discovered that <Tab> - which *should* have brought me to the "Password" field, did not work. So I manually click there, and input my password.

Things become odder-still when I hit <Enter> - which normally should do it - and the Cliente does not respond. So, naturally, I physically click the "Login" button, and immediatley, before even attempting to load a patch or anything, I get the wonder "Cryptic Error Handlere" super-crash/CrypticError:Oops! crash cliente.

Not giving up there, I slogged my way though directory after directory until I found the actual game itself, hoping that it was just a Cliente failure.

Directly accessing the game actually prompted the load screen, which I was happy with, and my User Name was populated without my input - also happy there. So I input my password... and you guessed it - nada. Server timed out.

For information, I am running on a Windows 7, 64-bit system, and the game itself runs through the STEAM cliente since I found it more stable than the direct-download version I had previously.

Anyone else noting this problem?

Getting the same exact problem and results that you have. (Basically step for step.. I even rebooted thinking maybe something was wonky there...)
    At least I now know it isn't just me having issues... *whew*
  • thebishopscottthebishopscott Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Same issue here, exactly.

Wondered about driver issues, updated my nVidia drivers. Rebooted. Converted my Cryptic account to a Perfect World account. Nothing has helped.

:(
  • captaincrackpotcaptaincrackpot Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Same thing, on two different computers, 1 with STO installed via Steam, 1 without Steam. I get the exact same thing on both. I am not pleased. :mad:
  • captakiracaptakira Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I was having similar problems and found another post others were having same problem we all found out we were running a program called Displayfusion. After we uninstalled program problems went away. hope this helps others.
  • bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    When I try to run the GameClient.EXE I get the Cryptic screen but nothing happens then I get an error that the connections was idle too long and the patch server could not be contacted. I cant get the launcher up either. Way too many of us are having problems and this is my 2nd round with support after cancelling and returning when for some reason the launcher was working last Thursday night. I wont pay for a game I can only access 10% of the time when it feels like working. There is obviously something very wrong here and I cannot for the life of me understand why there hasnt been an official announcement or something vowing to investigate this bizarre incident. Sigh.
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • thebishopscottthebishopscott Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Thank you. I had the same issue as poster #5.

The end fix was turning off the multi-monitor utility, DisplayFusion. DisplayFusion had an update either early this morning or late last night (can't remember exactly), and I never made the connection.

Turn off displayfusion!
  • stoavikarstoavikar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Thanks for this! I can't live without DisplayFusion so I found a way around it.

Right click the DisplayFusion icon in your system tray and pick settings.
    Go to the Compatibility tab.
    Click Add
    Add both \Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\CrypticError.exe
    and \Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online.exe
    (adjust the path as necessary)
    Uncheck all the all the boxes.
    And OK your way out of it.
    STO should run fine with DisplayFusion after that.

Avikar

captakira wrote: »
    I was having similar problems and found another post others were having same problem we all found out we were running a program called Displayfusion. After we uninstalled program problems went away. hope this helps others.
  • lance1967lance1967 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    stoavikar wrote: »
    Thanks for this! I can't live without DisplayFusion so I found a way around it.

Right click the DisplayFusion icon in your system tray and pick settings.
    Go to the Compatibility tab.
    Click Add
    Add both \Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\CrypticError.exe
    and \Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online.exe
    (adjust the path as necessary)
    Uncheck all the all the boxes.
    And OK your way out of it.
    STO should run fine with DisplayFusion after that.

Avikar

I too can't live without DisplayFusion and I also remember it doing an update. I followed your instructions and this solved my problem as well! TY TY TY TY TY TY

Note: I even went to the extreme and redownloaded and installed STO all over again (before a brain cell actually fired and I thought about checking the forums for help). I've notice that the new install PATH for the 2 .exe files are now under:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\CrypticError.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online.exe

Best wishes and nice catch on the DisplayFusion update!

Lance
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    guess I can't log in either.. tried several times and not even close. guess I can still log into the forums and complain, but I would rather play :(

not sure if it is a software issue or what.. even the site had issues loading, but rest of web worked fine.. going to consider this a total loss for today..

life will go on I know, but it would have been nice to add some green blood to my sword today.

please fix asap..
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    emt27 wrote: »
    guess I can't log in either.. tried several times and not even close. guess I can still log into the forums and complain, but I would rather play :(

not sure if it is a software issue or what.. even the site had issues loading, but rest of web worked fine.. going to consider this a total loss for today..

life will go on I know, but it would have been nice to add some green blood to my sword today.

please fix asap..

We've got an ongoing thread about this problem here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=352481

And I haven't got this 'DisplayFusion' that's been referred to here either.
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

• bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Already have a big thread going on this issue its affecting more and more people check here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=352481

Join our merry band of disgruntled Starfleeters!

Ooops didnt see the above post!
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • blakers1984blakers1984 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This is the ONLY thread i found relating to DisplayFusion. Thanks so much guys!!