test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Regent class

2»

Comments

• dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited August 2012
    This ship needs to be able to use the current sovereign ship skins as well for customization

The new designs are always backwards compatible. You can buy the Armitage and make it an Akira.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    hmm i wounder if this would work on the mirror star cruiser (as it uses the sovie skin)
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Looks like another Oddysey. I bought the Oddy pack but HATE the way it looks while flying around. Them pointy Nacells drive me crazy. Feels like the ship never fully came outta warp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited August 2012
    baudl wrote: »
    I have to say that i like the design, very nicely done. But i will probably stick with the original design anyway, or interchange them a little.

Still waiting on the speccs though! i so hope it has a ltcmd tac and an universal ensign (probably this setup anyway)

Feel free to give feedback yourself here.

If the ship comes with this layout I am 100% buying it, no questions asked! :D

Cannot stand the Regent look though, its hideous :( Thankfully however, I have 4 other skins to choose from ;)
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's okay to change things up once in a while.

I don't mind the choice of forward struts. The only reason it was said to not work for the Sovereign, is because it's top profile didn't look enough like an Enterprise. Which was the point at the time. The Odyssey has taken that current honor. So this isn't a problem for the Regent-class.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • goedzooigoedzooi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Why? Cryptic WHY?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Or a pig)

Sorry if my English is bad.
  • denliner1701denliner1701 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hull is horrible. It feels like a Sovereign that got spare Odyssey parts from the shipyard. I gotta tell you, I liked the Imperial better, however, I wonder if they can change the design into the Allegiance class. That ship blew me away.
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ships like this make me wish you could switch impulse engines and deflector zones.
  • th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I like the look for the new line of ships in all honesty, a modernization of the fleet ships, I would like to have those struts on my oddy thou, maybe a variant skin will debut at a later time to allow that for me if I pester them enough lol.

Regardless of boff layout I will be adding this ship to my collection.
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
  • anarricanarric Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I hope it has the same layout as the Oddy! Then it would be perfect for Tanking STF, atleast for me and my setup, I've tried tanking with the Sovy, Excelsior, but the Universal LT Com slot and Ensign slot make for a very nice combo as far as Tactical and Engineer go. Def. looking forward to seeing this ship!!
  • red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    goedzooi wrote: »
    Why? Cryptic WHY?

Among other things, because this ship is the one that half the game has been screaming for for over a year, and because not everyone wants the best tactical cruiser in the game to be a flying museum.

If you refer to the looks, I'm rather certain the traditional Assault Cruiser components are available for it, although I can't say much if you're a fan of the Imperial class.
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    anarric wrote: »
    I hope it has the same layout as the Oddy! Then it would be perfect for Tanking STF, atleast for me and my setup, I've tried tanking with the Sovy, Excelsior, but the Universal LT Com slot and Ensign slot make for a very nice combo as far as Tactical and Engineer go. Def. looking forward to seeing this ship!!

I agree that it needs a Tactical BOFF upgrade over the original Sovereign. Either it needs to have the option for a LTC Tactical station, or else it needs to have the Ensign Tactical station upgraded to a second Lieutenant Tactical station. As it currently stands, the Excelsior Retrofit has superior everything (BOFF slots, acceleration, turn rate, hit points) compared to the Sovereign, and the C-store version really needs to rise to an equal footing with it.
  • unangbangkayunangbangkay Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I agree that it needs a Tactical BOFF upgrade over the original Sovereign. Either it needs to have the option for a LTC Tactical station, or else it needs to have the Ensign Tactical station upgraded to a second Lieutenant Tactical station. As it currently stands, the Excelsior Retrofit has superior everything (BOFF slots, acceleration, turn rate, hit points) compared to the Sovereign, and the C-store version really needs to rise to an equal footing with it.

How about this: Make the C-store Regent IDENTICAL to the Excelsior Retrofit in all aspects except looks, then throw in a fancy console of some kind?
  • dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited August 2012

They aren't going to put the Excelsior BOFF layout on it. And they aren't going to give it 3 lieutenants because that would be 13 BOFF powers. It will have 12 BOFF powers and it's layout is not something we know yet.

I could be wrong and it could come out with an Excelsior layout, but I find that an unlikely scenario. Why would they release the Regent and make it an Excelsior? Maybe they do something weird, Carrier Layout with Com Tactical, 2 Lt.Com Engineers and Sci Lt?

Until somebody is testing it on Tribble or they announce the stats and Console we're just shooting in the dark.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.