test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Turning off visual effects, how?

124»

Comments

• gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have a particular uniform for my character that is bright green and orange. Some might find it visually offensive but that's a personal choice and it does not affect your game play.

Do you see what I did there?
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • palek2000palek2000 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    devian666 wrote: »
    A fire extinguisher or party popper does not negatively affect or prohibit enjoyment of the game therefore Section 10 (n) is not an issue in my opinion. Though telling people to not have fun is definitely prohibiting enjoyment.

Fortunately it isn't up to your or my opinion, it is up to PWE. Enough people decide that your fun is impeding their fun and it becomes harassment.
    Former Forum Moderator - 10.28.2016 2:04pm-4:06pm
    PC LTS - Launch
    XBox Freeloader - Launch
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    palek2000 wrote: »
    Fortunately it isn't up to your or my opinion, it is up to PWE. Enough people decide that your fun is impeding their fun and it becomes harassment.

Valid argument in court mind you. :D
  • perfesserpoopperfesserpoop Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    And PWE has been fairly clear on where they stand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited August 2012

However my opinion is valid and it's not a democracy as you are suggesting.

I have noted that the tone of your post is accusatory. I suggest that you do not make accusations or attempt to vilify me because I have a different opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mozart2222mozart2222 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Also, as I stated earlier, I ask them politely to stop, if they continue to do it after being asked politely to stop, harassment, reported. The people that I ask to stop are not doing this once or twice, this isn't something I take lightly either.

So as stated, you admit to reporting people for not adhering to your personal whims. Also dancing on tables is not something to be taken lightly, pretending to be an Orion dancing slave is serious business.
  • happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I never admitted any such thing.

Actually your little fleet buddy did here...
    devian666 wrote:
    Next time you see someone complaining about the use of fire extinguishers or party poppers think about what public offensive behaviour they might be involved in.

You see there? He's telling everyone that specific people are targeted. It's an admission of guilt. Beyond which, Starfleet Dental/Gynecology has posted their (your) antics all over the web, including mission statements with listed agendas.
    We are putting out the fires on Drozana station, its called using your imagination.

Problem being that roleplaying, like sex, is supposed to be consensual. When it's not you're annoying people and breaking the rules and need to take your "fun" elsewhere where it won't be disruptive (except of course that IS your fun, so...).

This applies to everyone.
    devian666 wrote: »
    Why do you endorse this inappropriate behaviour?

I don't support inappropriate behaviour at all. Yours included.
  • tontokowalski22tontokowalski22 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You report their "ERP" fun. You don't harass them. And if there's no fire, you're not firefighters, you're harassers griefing people. And since you're admitting to this, and the Community Manager is in this topic, he should probably kindly suspend you now.

So, you don't have the imagination to see the flames everywhere in Drozana, but you have the imagination to post ERP using bodily effluent in the Local channel?
    vSzSPTd.jpg
    I don't always feel like endlessly grinding for hours with little to gain from it. But when I do, I choose Star Trek Online
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2012
    eagledraco wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I think this thread has gotten too hot. Whip out your fire extinguisher and put out the flames please.

Yes, it has in the last couple of posts. This topic was about discussing the ability to disable visual effects from being shown, and it's now turning into debate about the ToS/EULA (which should not be happening on the forums) -- I passed along the feedback and suggestion but the topic is getting a little too hot.

Captains, if you have further concerns or need to report something, please file a GM ticket in-game or please send in a support ticket/ email CS directly for assistance: customerservice@perfectworld.com

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.