test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Turning off visual effects, how?

Comments

• dassemstodassemsto Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    :eek: If I have not been playing this game for the hundreds of hours between all of my character's /played results, have I been dreaming this whole time? Is this real?! Are we all stuck in a dream?:eek:

hundreds? only... hundreds? :rolleyes:

Haven't added up my /played lately, but in February I had 3342 hours. Should be quite a bit more by now. :)

"Hundreds" does not qualify you! Back to Droz for more tabletop dancing!
  • palek2000palek2000 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    As if we didn't need another reason to start a riot. :eek:

Well, he would get a very good idea of the reasons we are asking for these devices to be controlled if he were to visit Drozana right now, I am in zone 1 and being harassed, I am hearing on zone chat that 2 is having the issue also. Let's see some action here.
    Former Forum Moderator - 10.28.2016 2:04pm-4:06pm
    PC LTS - Launch
    XBox Freeloader - Launch
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    palek2000 wrote: »
    Well, he would get a very good idea of the reasons we are asking for these devices to be controlled if he were to visit Drozana right now, I am in zone 1 and being harassed, I am hearing on zone chat that 2 is having the issue also. Let's see some action here.

Maybe you're right... you win this one.
  • mozart2222mozart2222 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm betting if he went dancing on droz the only thing he'd get is a strong need to shower after seeing the the children dancing on bars and endless tells proposing "intimate encounters". It's a shame I can no longer share this game with my children because of other players behavior.
  • telmatkhantelmatkhan Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Maybe if you put your settings higher you'd see all the fires those brave men are risking their lives to extinguish. Drozana is a death trap, someone should really contact maintenance.
  • quantastarfire83quantastarfire83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    mozart2222 wrote: »
    I'm betting if he went dancing on droz the only thing he'd get is a strong need to shower after seeing the the children dancing on bars and endless tells proposing "intimate encounters". It's a shame I can no longer share this game with my children because of other players behavior.

If they don't want to be solicited for "intimate encounters" with an Orion slavegirl dancing near-naked on a tabletop, they should use the ignore function. :v:

(p.s. never read their bios; you'll have night terrors)
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    aethon3050 wrote: »
    [firstworldproblems]I just wish there was a way to disable the eyesore that is Borg ship visuals (on other ships; mine are already disabled, in the cases where it's used). Shields aside, they look absolutely terrible. I'm normally not bothered by this kind of stuff, but every time a beautiful ship warps in, it saddens me to see its gorgeous lines ruined by all this TRIBBLE sticking out all over the place. I don't even see the appeal in it.[/firstworldproblems]
    Because Starfleet hasn't reverse engineered the Borg Tech yet, so they have to do the next best thing and haphazardly slap on parts. Its RP man, RP.
  • devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited August 2012
    mozart2222 wrote: »

Other people are right about the fun police aspect of the so-called roleplaying community. There are players involved in sexual harassment via cybering publically, direct messaging harassment, death threats and one player was offering money to collect personal details of Starfleet Dental (this weekend). Note that the last two items are criminal behaviour.

There's a reason why you don't find the many of the main-stream roleplayers on drozana and that's because they do not want to be associated with the public erotic roleplaying community.

Next time you see someone complaining about the use of fire extinguishers or party poppers think about what public offensive behaviour they might be involved in. Or at very least they hate fun in a game.

e: Note that I'm only posting this as we normally deal with this via appropriate channels (GM Tickets) but there are players actively involved in a hate campaign. I would like hate and defamatory comments from the ERP community to stop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Fog machines for Club 47!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

With such a response I think us roleplayers know where we stand. You don't want us in your game.

Hope you get that honorary starfleet dental membership you seem to want.
    edited August 2012
    cormoran wrote: »
    Hope you get that honorary starfleet dental membership you seem to want.

I will send an IRS diplomat to see if your request could be fulfilled. Membership may be out of the question but an honourary B.D.S. may be able to be awarded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fluffytargcreamfluffytargcream Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    kokushibyo wrote: »

The slider bar two categories above that, but thank you for showing a simply solution that the visual spam.
    edited August 2012
    With such a response I think us roleplayers know where we stand. You don't want us in your game.

Sure seems like it. Maybe you'd like Second Life.
    edited August 2012
    devian666 wrote: »
    Other people are right about the fun police aspect of the so-called roleplaying community. There are players involved in sexual harassment via cybering publically, direct messaging harassment, death threats and one player was offering money to collect personal details of Starfleet Dental (this weekend). Note that the last two items are criminal behaviour.

There's a reason why you don't find the many of the main-stream roleplayers on drozana and that's because they do not want to be associated with the public erotic roleplaying community.

Next time you see someone complaining about the use of fire extinguishers or party poppers think about what public offensive behaviour they might be involved in. Or at very least they hate fun in a game.

e: Note that I'm only posting this as we normally deal with this via appropriate channels (GM Tickets) but there are players actively involved in a hate campaign. I would like hate and defamatory comments from the ERP community to stop.

I agree that you should not be harassed in such ways, and if you are you need to report it to a GM. Abusing these devices is also harassment, I am not roleplaying, erotic or otherwise, I am standing in the middle of the room, politely asking others to stop spraying extinguishers so I can see the goings on, at which point I am being sprayed, this is ALSO harassment and will be reported as such. Things are not FUN when they are ABUSED.
    PC LTS - Launch
    XBox Freeloader - Launch
  • mozart2222mozart2222 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I am standing in the middle of the room, politely asking others to stop spraying extinguishers so I can see the goings on

Even politely asking does not guarantee compliance. This is the world we live in. Imagine how much the GM's would love it if everytime someone didn't do what they were asked a report was filed. I would love to see the logs of your reports.

"I asked another player to stop spraying and he never responded! In fact he sprayed more! I demand justice!"
    edited August 2012
    Actually, I believe that under Section 10, clauses f h and n of the PWE ToS:

(f) "Stalk," threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another;
    (h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees;
    (n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.

I feel uncomfortable when sprayed after asking repeatedly and politely for them to stop, I feel it is also disruptive to my gaming as I have to either go somewhere else or turn settings down on my side to avoid the spray effects, therefore it also negatively affects me enjoying Drozana Station, which is a part of the Game.
    PC LTS - Launch
    XBox Freeloader - Launch
    edited August 2012
    =I feel uncomfortable when sprayed after asking repeatedly and politely for them to stop, I feel it is also disruptive to my gaming as I have to either go somewhere else or turn settings down on my side to avoid the spray effects, therefore it also negatively affects me enjoying Drozana Station, which is a part of the Game.

Precisely what gaming are you doing in Drozana station? There is no reason your gaming should be seen as "more important" than the gaming of others. Everyone is "enjoying Drozana station" in their own way - you are not the judge of the enjoyment of others and frankly I would ask you to check your privilege.
    edited August 2012
    As I said, I am just standing there, or playing Dabo, either way this is NOT against the ToS, whereas, harassing behavior is, therefore it is reported.
    PC LTS - Launch
    XBox Freeloader - Launch
    edited August 2012
    Abusing these devices is also harassment, I am not roleplaying, erotic or otherwise, I am standing in the middle of the room, politely asking others to stop spraying extinguishers so I can see the goings on, at which point I am being sprayed, this is ALSO harassment and will be reported as such. Things are not FUN when they are ABUSED.

You are incorrect. It's not possible to abuse the devices as they have no gameplay effect. There are no exploits or other mechanics that actually have any effect. The issue here is that you are giving orders and making up "rules". If you go to a club and you tell people to stop using smoke machines, lasers and bubbles/foam they will probably point a bubble machine at you. This is a sign that you should cheer up and have some fun.

Unless you are roleplaying The Grinch That Stole Christmas perhaps you should lighten up a bit.

(Also lay off putting in GM tickets when harassment isn't occurring. My understanding is that GMs don't like that.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    As I said, I am just standing there, or playing Dabo, either way this is NOT against the ToS, whereas, harassing behavior is, therefore it is reported.

So you literally put in a ticket when someone jumps on the Dabo table, does a forward roll then fires tribbles around the room, and then runs out again?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    I don't believe I have filed any fraudulent GM tickets thus far, and I am sure that if I do THEY will let me know, not you, thanks for your concern though. Also, as I stated earlier, I ask them politely to stop, if they continue to do it after being asked politely to stop, harassment, reported. The people that I ask to stop are not doing this once or twice, this isn't something I take lightly either, the ones that are reported are doing it continuously while following people throughout the station, this is HARASSMENT. If you don't believe so, so be it, we will just have to agree to disagree.
    PC LTS - Launch
    XBox Freeloader - Launch
  • heartburzumheartburzum Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I don't believe I have filed any fraudulent GM tickets thus far, and I am sure that if I do THEY will let me know, not you, thanks for your concern though. Also, as I stated earlier, I ask them politely to stop, if they continue to do it after being asked politely to stop, harassment, reported. The people that I ask to stop are not doing this once or twice, this isn't something I take lightly either, the ones that are reported are doing it continuously while following people throughout the station, this is HARASSMENT. If you don't believe so, so be it, we will just have to agree to disagree.

This is called cognitive dissonance everyone. Glad I could point that out.
    hb-sig
    You know what it is...
    -Supporter of Cryptic Lockboxes!
  • happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You are incorrect. It's not possible to abuse the devices as they have no gameplay effect.

Gameplay effects are absolutely not required.

Read the terms of service. Focus specifically on section 10(n).

As soon as one person's fun impedes or interferes with someone else's fun that first person is not allowed to have that fun. They are breaking the rules.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2012

That's definitely not true at all. I love that we have a large RP community and used to participate quite often in my past fleet's RP events before joining the STO team.

I was responding to this question with that comment: "what social events do you go to that fire extiguishers get used socially?" It's because I've run in-game social dance events in Club 47 and players have used the fire extinguishers as a fog machine.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited August 2012

As soon as one person's fun impedes or interferes with someone else's fun that first person is not allowed to have that fun. They are breaking the rules.

But ERP'er fun is interfering with our fun of role playing firefighters. See how that works?
    hb-sig
    You know what it is...
    edited August 2012
    But ERP'er fun is interfering with our fun of role playing firefighters. See how that works?

You report their "ERP" fun. You don't harass them. And if there's no fire, you're not firefighters, you're harassers griefing people. And since you're admitting to this, and the Community Manager is in this topic, he should probably kindly suspend you now.
    edited August 2012

Rather than have you make up the terms of service let me quote Section 10 (n) for reference so that everyone can see what it actually says.
    10 (n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.

A fire extinguisher or party popper does not negatively affect or prohibit enjoyment of the game therefore Section 10 (n) is not an issue in my opinion. Though telling people to not have fun is definitely prohibiting enjoyment.

You report their "ERP" fun. You don't harass them. And if there's no fire, you're not firefighters, you're harassers griefing people. And since you're admitting to this, and the Community Manager is in this topic, he should probably kindly suspend you now.

This is completely illogical. Firefighters are not firefighters unless there is a fire?

Your following statement is defamatory and your suggestion is inappropriate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012

I never admitted any such thing. We are putting out the fires on Drozana station, its called using your imagination. It's us that are being harassed and we do report for actual breaches of the Terms of Service such as swearing, death threats, and trying to pay for real life information about our members; which is actually a criminal offense unlike the stuff the ERP community decides to report us for. As I've said before, the cognitive dissonance is strong with you people.
    hb-sig
    You know what it is...
    edited August 2012
    A fire extinguisher or party popper does not negatively affect or prohibit enjoyment of the game...

Except that it obviously does. If it didn't you wouldn't bother, you also wouldn't be asked to stop, this also wouldn't then be an issue and this topic wouldn't exist.

And yet here we are.
    edited August 2012
    Except that it obviously does. If it didn't you wouldn't bother, you also wouldn't be asked to stop, this also wouldn't then be an issue and this topic wouldn't exist.

And yet here we are.

The topic exists because you have an agenda of trying to impose your "rules" upon other players in the game. We have to come here to speak out about the direct harassment and threats of the Public Erotic RolePlaying (PERP) community. Starfleet Dental and associates are victims of very serious harassment and threats yet you are posting for the purpose of defaming victims of this abuse.

Why do you endorse this inappropriate behaviour?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    That's definitely not true at all. I love that we have a large RP community and used to participate quite often in my past fleet's RP events before joining the STO team.

I was responding to this question with that comment: "what social events do you go to that fire extiguishers get used socially?" It's because I've run in-game social dance events in Club 47 and players have used the fire extinguishers as a fog machine.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Unfortunately, I think this thread has gotten too hot. Whip out your fire extinguisher and put out the flames please.
This discussion has been closed.