test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Advanced Fleet Weapons

paxottomanpaxottoman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
We worked hard myself and my few good friends in a pvp hardy fleet. Although our numbers are greatly limited in comparison to some of the other fleets out there, we still were enthusiastic to what our rewards would be. However, once achieved the 2nd level tier of engineering we were shocked to see flavorless weapons be unlocked after all the hard work.

DMGx3 is not a flavor with any kind of special effect when fired it increases damage values, and that's it. ACC however is perhaps the most valuable of all in this game. Exchange values are extreme on weapons with ACCx3 flavor. Most if not all the weapons unlocked at tier two engineering, featured a [Dmg]x3 flavor and one other flavor. These are at times worse than borg STF weapons when some of them don't even have [Acc] flavor.

Fleet weapons are nowhere comparable to a good solid ACCx2 weapon much less a weapon that is ACCx3. So having said that, why have the developers created such awful rewards for leveling an engineering station? Or even a Science focused station?

I think just about everyone in my fleet is very close to leaving this game, and you might find the same feelings throughout the pvp community. Especially when they realize there is nothing new being introduced to the 'weapons' department when it comes to pvp game play.

On behalf of my fleet, whom which barely speak a word of English but have been taught to play this game very well, please fix this. Otheriwise, once other fleets of pvp orientation will find themselves practically unhappy with what the starbase has to offer, aside of course from another "ship store" to unlock.

-@PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes (RP in this instance stands for Really Pissed..)
Turkish RP Heroes
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by paxottoman on

Comments

• fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Fleet i am in unlocked T2 recently as well, and yes it was not worth it, the Weapons, Armour and Shields were not worth the time and they are Ultra Rare?

The STF sets are still alot better with there set bonuses.

Could they not at least have reskinned them with a new look, it is all very lame especially when we end up paying a fortune 200k D to unlock it, you have to pay to restock them with a measily 10 items and then pay more D to buy it from the Store.

i hear you because my Fleet more or less went wow this is so cheap and it cost them most of there D.

TBH the Fleet Base system is really overrated and i think many know it or will eventually, you should NOT pay 3 times for the items it is a pure and simple grab for your money, once yea ok its a FTP but 3times, bugger off lol

Fastly becoming the most expensive FTP game out there with the least amount of content.
  • evilghost1026evilghost1026 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I do have to agree with Pax. Most players with high level equipment run at least accx2 weapons or better. Dmgx3 is worthless in pvp and if anything may only be good on some beam boats in PvE. Because the starbase weapons are "dmgx3" i seriously doubt many people will use these weapons.

@minitrckin08
    of ISC and Turkish RP heros
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I concur with Pax and Fewzz

The costs are still WAY TO HIGH for starbases, what do they think we are? Super rich players with nothing but 500 of each doff type? a billion dilithium and mass time to spare for fleet marks?

Seriously, reduce the amount of pressure you are putting on players Cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • sleeeperr1sleeeperr1 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    [Acc]x3 [Critx] plz :D
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Another page in Cryptic's Bleed the Playerbase Dry. Chpt. 7 Verse Three...

"And on this day did the PVP community, who had stepped away from they're silly battle fields to fight the good and holy fight of PVE righteousness did find they're much lauded rewards to be false. And so they wept for the hard work wasted, the resources squandered, the sanity discarded in the bowls of 15man missions and the hope of new toys dashed. Thus the Cryptic gods did giggle in delight, their plan to ensnare the righteous PVPer to a life of STF-flavored grind did meet full circle."

So sayeth the Prophet Regulus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Another page in Cryptic's Bleed the Playerbase Dry. Chpt. 7 Verse Three...

"And on this day did the PVP community, who had stepped away from they're silly battle fields to fight the good and holy fight of PVE righteousness did find they're much lauded rewards to be false. And so they wept for the hard work wasted, the resources squandered, the sanity discarded in the bowls of 15man missions and the hope of new toys dashed. Thus the Cryptic gods did giggle in delight, they're plan to ensnare the righteous PVP to a life of STF-flavored grind did meet full circle."

So sayeth the Prophet Regulus.

Just remember this http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh639/MewiST/gougemining2.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah I kinda expected that advanced fleet weapons gonna be worth nothing... Now I'm really questioning is this game worth playing at all?

There's some lunacy with changing mob hit points by +100k every day through a hot patch, there's nothing but grind for fleet marks, and the new *content* is just showed down our throats: you have to grind for marks and nothing less.

No wonder 15% of players has left in the last two months. Way to go Cryptic. Way to go.

This will never get old:

http://demotivators.despair.com/demotivational/apathydemotivator.jpg

May be I should send you a copy...
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sleeeperr1 wrote: »
    [Acc]x3 [Critx] plz :D

yES YES, It would make the grind worth the while.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I agree wholeheartedly...In fact, there was a thread about this last week! Even though this refers to ground weapons, the same sentiment applies. I can only hope that other versions with different combinations of modifiers will show up at later tiers...
  • anthonyxmas1anthonyxmas1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah I kinda expected that advanced fleet weapons gonna be worth nothing... Now I'm really questioning is this game worth playing at all?

There's some lunacy with changing mob hit points by +100k every day through a hot patch, there's nothing but grind for fleet marks, and the new *content* is just showed down our throats: you have to grind for marks and nothing less.

No wonder 15% of players has left in the last two months. Way to go Cryptic. Way to go.

This will never get old:

http://demotivators.despair.com/demotivational/apathydemotivator.jpg

May be I should send you a copy...

When you leave, like rats off what they perceive to be a sinking ship, can I haz UR stuff? ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
    edited July 2012

Where did that 15% statistic come from? Sounds more like news from another sci-fi MMO which shall not be named ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
    edited July 2012
    Where did that 15% statistic come from? Sounds more like news from another sci-fi MMO which shall not be named ;)

Tis natural, summer everyone is chilling out.

New content seems to be unpolished, unbalanced and well... unrewarding. New projects with new engines come out, people naturally drift.

There's a big thread on new weapons already. Folks were expecting something useful for 3 weeks of grind that they put into it, and got nuthin'. Naturally they are pretty pissed off. (hehe this is this thread :)

For pve you'd want a mix of crtd crth, or full crtd3. Pvp folks want acc3, cause stuff is woozing around pretty fast :) And all we get is [dmg]3 [*] for 25k marks and 10k dil.

As for having my stuff, you wouldn't know what to do with all of it :)
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I thought so. I really honestly thought so that the weapons would be Dmg x 3 and one other thing. For the ground weapons I could handle it, I mean, that was tolerable to a point, but I figured they would do this.

One can only hope at least the *cough* 'Elite' equipment is actually worth it.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • chorkswaldchorkswald Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Tis natural, summer everyone is chilling out.

New content seems to be unpolished, unbalanced and well... unrewarding. New projects with new engines come out, people naturally drift.

There's a big thread on new weapons already. Folks were expecting something useful for 3 weeks of grind that they put into it, and got nuthin'. Naturally they are pretty pissed off. (hehe this is this thread :)

For pve you'd want a mix of crtd crth, or full crtd3. Pvp folks want acc3, cause stuff is woozing around pretty fast :) And all we get is [dmg]3 [*] for 25k marks and 10k dil.

Seriously we spend 3 weeks an you give us ****y pve weps(not even the best kind) an if you think the mojority of us are gona stick around for a year so you can sit on your TRIBBLE's an make lock box's to extract as much of our money as possiable....an you pull this kinda **** if we get to elite weps an there not acc x3 me all my firends an all there friends are outa here........thats not a threat thats a fact...
    "But it ain't all buttons and charts, little albatross. You know what the first rule of flyin' is? Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her home."
    edited July 2012
    chorkswald wrote: »
    Seriously we spend 3 weeks an you give us ****y pve weps(not even the best kind) an if you think the mojority of us are gona stick around for a year so you can sit on your TRIBBLE's an make lock box's to extract as much of our money as possiable....an you pull this kinda **** if we get to elite weps an there not acc x3 me all my firends an all there friends are outa here........thats not a threat thats a fact...

I remember hearing something on dev podcast of some sort that advanced fleet weapons will get 4 mods, and elite fleet weapons will get 4 mods, plus one other special modifier. And I will not be suprised if elite fleet weapons will be [dmg]3 [*] [vs tholian/borg/undine/whatnot] by then it will be too late.

What does surprise me however, folks are all pretty committed for grinding for the next 12 months without actually seeing rewards. "Haha you work for me for next 12 months, then I'll give you something nice, but I won't tell you what it is". I think we called it overcommitment.

I'm pretty sure I'm getting out of this game...
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    paxottoman wrote: »
    ACC however is perhaps the most valuable of all in this game.

Its only the most valuable for PvP.

CrtH & CrtD tend to better for PvE as NPCs are not usually hard to hit, but they do have massive amounts of hull and shields.

Yes there is ACC overflow, but ACC overflow will provide lower output than just raw CrtH and CrtD modifiers.

Otherwise I generally agree that the DMGx3 Modifier is not very exciting even though these weapons do have more mods than any other weapon.

I'm not sure why they took this route instead of adding crafting elements to allow for more customization (lolcrafting) or even just a variety of modifiers on weapons for people to choose from.
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited July 2012
    So those are the new "Elite" MK12 weapons, seriously?

Was expecting another way of getting MK12 Borg weaponry, sets and other flavours!

Wow, not sure whether to bother continuing with fleet bases now.... :(
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    So those are the new "Elite" MK12 weapons, seriously?

Was expecting another way of getting MK12 Borg weaponry, sets and other flavours!

Wow, not sure whether to bother continuing with fleet bases now.... :(

This is why I see many players I know stepping back from "new content". Most of them want the T3 ships but that's all. But you have to admit that it's hard to sell phased tetryon stuff, galors or defiants if the equipment you can get from your starbase is better. It's just too expensive for what it is : it's a low-level and basic equipment. Thus it should be cheap so that new chars you level up can quickly get this stuff before getting the borg one. The borg equipment is way better, and costs only 1 proto borg salvage, which is the equivalent of 2k dilithium. The choice between these two alternatives is pretty easy.

The ground stuff is better though, but it's not the right thread to discuss about it.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • renegadeforeverrenegadeforever Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    After makeing it to tier 2 lvl4the fleet leader and I was checking out the weapons store on the star base and was shocked to no end. here it was the fleet spent all kinds of time,duty off's,samples, experiance points, fleet marks,and tons of dilithium to find the weapons, armour, sheilds were so -so, but the real grabber was the price. there was all this dilithium spent, to build the base then stock the store to find out you have to spend fleet credits plus more dilithium to buy said items, were are in debate whether to continue building or use a couple of photon torpedos, and put an end to this bottomless pit. I guess pwe thinks some of us are gulliable enough not to notice when we have been had and good. I just wonder if other fleets have seen thru this as we have.
  • dariusmajeredariusmajere Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So... My Question is... Since ALL this was Viewable for a while on TRIBBLE before it went live. Why have there been no complaints until then? I mean they threw Events. Multiple fleets had Active starbases going up and built high enough to see all this. Oh, that's right, half of you can't be arsed to get on the Test server and actually give your input to improve the things before its released. The ships, the weapons have been viewable for a while. THE npc's while locked, showed Everything they sold. Why not the complaints, Why now the "this is a waste" commentary. With a little research you would of seen what was available before you dumped your resources into it.
    Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
    Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
    Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
    [SIGPIC]http://massivechaos.enjin.com/[/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012

Sure I do ... use what I need, sell all the rest for ECs! Always need ECs, even if just for hypos in the Fleet Mark missions such as Colony Invasion and Starbase Incursion :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I agree with most people in this thread. And like I said in the thread last week relating to this, [DMG] is weak and needs a serious buff for it to even be a consideration. I think it's time we had a serious discussion about weapon modifiers anyhow.
  • starcommando101starcommando101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well the OP seems to be lacking info... Those are Advance Weapons. Ground Advance Weapons. Besides, Dmgx3 + whatever is great in Ground PvP. I haven't just unlocked the Ship Advance weapons but I have hope they are better. Also, no one has unlocked Elite weapons or Elite Space weapons. Those weapons have set bonuses from my understanding. If Advance Weapons are a let down, Elites are our only hope.
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1) Teamwork and timing is #1
    2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
    3) You are going to die, just get back up
  • adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So... My Question is... Since ALL this was Viewable for a while on TRIBBLE before it went live. Why have there been no complaints until then? I mean they threw Events. Multiple fleets had Active starbases going up and built high enough to see all this. Oh, that's right, half of you can't be arsed to get on the Test server and actually give your input to improve the things before its released. The ships, the weapons have been viewable for a while. THE npc's while locked, showed Everything they sold. Why not the complaints, Why now the "this is a waste" commentary. With a little research you would of seen what was available before you dumped your resources into it.

These comments are pure rubbish.....100 pure of the highest kind...

Only a small amount use the test servers.......it is , IMO, not my job to test their TRIBBLE ahead of time. I do, from time to time, read the postings in the test server but that is all.

You must be so naive as to believe that just because they go to the test server and complain much will be done. Cryptic and its parent comapny are going to do what they please and how they please.

A majority of folks I come across who are peeved about this are casual players to moderate players......they feel the released content is way beyond poor...so expensive and so not worth the effort as to stop it entirely.

As a side note...PVP in this game is soo dead anyways....I do not care about the accx3 weapons......My biggest peeves are the provision required for assets.......the assets are a one time use.....that is serious horse TRIBBLE
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
  • archoncrypticarchoncryptic Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I just replied to the similar thread about Advanced Ground Weapons, and a lot of the same comments apply here. Rather than copy and paste, here's a link to my reply to that thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5085851&postcount=23

The other designers and I do read these threads and listen to your feedback. If you have specific data that demonstrates that weapons with DMGx3 + 1 additional property are performing poorly, I'd be glad to review that data. In the meantime, I'll be looking at the numbers internally to see if any improvements need to be made.
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    yES YES, It would make the grind worth the while.

Yeap. Looked at the shields and weapons and facepalmed.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • framesplicerxframesplicerx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Archon, thanks for stopping by and letting us know this isn't a one-sided conversation!

To quote from the other thread:
    There were a number of reasons why we designed the Fleet Advanced ground weapons the way we did. These weapons are not intended to eclipse STF gear in performance, and as such, we needed to be very careful about tuning them to be potentially useful without being a clear upgrade over STF equipment.

Can I ask why the STF gear is the plateau, especially for space?
    Considering that all space STF weapons have the BORG modifier, it can be argued that anything with the same amount of modifiers that LACKS the BORG modifier could be seen as superior to STF gear... especially if not fighting Borg!

Additionally, has your internal testing shown that ACCx3 (or other flavors non-dmg centric) weapons are somehow superior to STF gear, and that is why the flavor isn't offered? If so... where does that put the PvP weapon state of mind, if the Fleet System weapons are going to be leveled against PvE content being the benchmark?
    Is there hope that PvP players will see something worth the effort of sinking time into the PvE focused system of Starbases, as far as elevating their gameplay experience (PvP overhaul, not withstanding)?

Side bar opinion: You mentioned store congestion being an issue, but I submit that is easily remedied with UI and tabbed sorting. The STF stores offer plenty of flavors and have sorting tabs. There are not the best, sure, but I would think that you guys/gals could come up with some way to offer us a method of a great item selection without clogging UI windows... just don't model it after the travesty that is the Exchange! ;)
  • michaelsdstmichaelsdst Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think it is ok. I do not want my STF set to become obsolete. We are building the SB for fun anyway. Any new weapon and stuff is a bonus for me.
    GIVE US THE TYPHOON! Enough said...
  • thibashthibash Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I just replied to the similar thread about Advanced Ground Weapons, and a lot of the same comments apply here. Rather than copy and paste, here's a link to my reply to that thread:

The other designers and I do read these threads and listen to your feedback. If you have specific data that demonstrates that weapons with DMGx3 + 1 additional property are performing poorly, I'd be glad to review that data. In the meantime, I'll be looking at the numbers internally to see if any improvements need to be made.

You're missing the point here. We do not want the weapons to be BETTER than stf weapons...we want them to be ALTERNATIVES to the stf set. Especially considering that for most people, just unlocking acces to them is a HUGE grind...and then, you STILL have to pay dilithium. If they're inferior to stf gear anyway, then why not make them buyable by fleet credits only?

The biggest issue is that, after spending that much dilithium on unlocking them. If they would just cost fleet credits, they'd have a purpose (being a starter VA set or something). But STF weapons are much, MUCH easier to get and cost no dilithium. Having them cost dilithium is just...

...well, to be honest I'm surprised I need to explain why it's a bad thing they cost dilithium as well.
  • bawj4wsbawj4ws Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Completely pointless

Why have us grind for poor equipment? Really getting sick of this BS
    Rewards for grinding should be worth the grind.

/Nuff said
    Dork - I.K.S. WeeBugger