test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is someone looking at the lag?

I've noticed some significant lag with certain actions. Most notably is the fleet bank transations. Trying to move a stack of data samples usually results in a lag of 10-20 seconds.

Other places I have noticed lag is
-When trying to promote someone in the fleet.
-When trying to change a fleet setting.
-When sending an invite to fleet.
-When trading with another player.

Is this a server capacity issue?

Comments

• zodrauzodrau Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Not only lag at the bank, but outright disconnections. I've had five disconnects today, and every one of them coincided with accessing the bank.
  • andyslashandyslash Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ive gotten lag from just equiping consoles and weaps onto different ships, i change them frequently. But I mostly just get rubberbanding.
  • tvlartvlar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I've seen the same lag you describe.
    I've also seen performance crushing lag in the mission game-play as well. The process of trying to gather Marks is bad enough, without having troubles effectively controlling the character.
    I've stepped down my video settings by quite a bit, looks like ****
    Have friends experiencing similar problems, and have witnessed other players lagging.
    Am seriously considering dropping STF, and Fleet Missions, until they get it corrected
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    There is also a noticeable increase in response times when getting multiple items from the Replicator (using the <ctrl> key for a one click purchase) Its now very easy for mouse click to get lost in transit when making multiple purchases...
  • kucingkakuhkucingkakuh Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Consider yourself lucky, i can't even move my ships at certain hours for couple of days. STO getting unplayable to me :(
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Consider yourself lucky, i can't even move my ships at certain hours for couple of days. STO getting unplayable to me :(
    Since I'm not having these issues, the odds are that this is an issue caused by your ISP, and not by the STO Servers...
  • retunred4goodretunred4good Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Same here and I know my connection is good. My ping is about 17 ms on average with 0-1 ms jitter. Considering this only started happening after season 6 went live and other people in my fleet starting having the same problem then, I think it's highly likely it's on Cyptic's end.
    -It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain.
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Also forgot to mention the lag in the doff UI window. When starting assignments from your department heads, the display lags (ie the assignment still is displayed as available even though you started it. It takes about 5-10 seconds before it disappears from the list). This seems to only happen with assignments from the department heads. Regular assignments from personal and sector don't have this problem.