test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Memory Alpha Crashes

thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
edited August 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I get a crash or two every time I'm at Memory Alpha and only there?

My system is way overqualified for this games stats and my internet connection is the fastest available.
Post edited by thlaylierah on

Comments

• toralantoralan Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2012

My system is way overqualified for this games stats and my internet connection is the fastest available.

It's not your system, I think. I have the same thing. It mostly (and consistently) happens when I leave the transporter room and enter the main corridor. After I relog, I am fine, unless I go back to the transporter room and then try to re-enter the corridor.

I have stood and observed this part of Memory Alpha and I have seen it happen to the majority of people who exit the transporter room.

I have entered support ticket #1,364,643 with Cryptic, but I have had no reply.
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    my internet connection is the fastest available.

You're paying $125k a month for a OC-768? How is it? ;)

edit: If you;re running with DirectXv11, consider trying the game under directxv9. The game appears to have come a long way with dxv11 support but it still may do better with the lower setting.

I wonder if all these folks are having that map transfer error other folks have had previously and this is just another bug that has gotten worse like the exchange bug.
  • toralantoralan Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You're paying $125k a month for a OC-768? How is it? ;)

edit: If you;re running with DirectXv11, consider trying the game under directxv9. The game appears to have come a long way with dxv11 support but it still may do better with the lower setting.

I wonder if all these folks are having that map transfer error other folks have had previously and this is just another bug that has gotten worse like the exchange bug.

I don't know. I have not been playing STO for that long, but I have visited Memory Alpha several times before S6 and never had a single problem (aside trying to locate the fanatically wandering Mr. O'Brien), but since S6, the crashing is such a foregone conclusion (it happens fully 100% of the time) that I have given up on research altogether.

Given what I see on other threads, I have this sneaking suspicion that several developers forgot to implement their past fixes and patches into the S6 codebase.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'll confirm this bug, first time in weeks I go to mem alpha, and as soon as I turn to enter the corridor from the transporter (50 steps or so) my game crashes to desktop.

Never happened before, as well I won't be going there for the near future or playing my fed toon (because of the insanely long loading times of Sol system).
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • zanthe25zanthe25 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I have exact same issue, every time I go to Memory Alpha, I spawn in transporter room, all seem fine, but as soon as i try to walk through the second doorway it crashes to desktop.

After reloading game everything works fine again, until I leave and come back.

(Windows 7 64bit)
  • grboyangrboyan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Same here. Every time (2 times I was there) game crashed on same place. After restart it's fine.
  • unkeemrcunkeemrc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Every time I go there with my level 3 TAC it crashes over and over til I just have to give up and beam out. It seems to only happen when I am moving around from room to room.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    this happens to me as well, get to the senod door, game crashes to desk top. reboot and Im ok.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Add me to the list of people experiencing this. 100% reproducible: Beam into Memory Alpha and run into the main corridor, there in the hallway, the game locks up and crashes to desktop. Happens every time.

Logging back in, I'm fine, so long as I don't go back to the transporter room.
  • evilgenius180evilgenius180 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Same here, it crashes every time. This is a recent bug, since one of the more recent patches, because it never used to happen. I've been playing this game for nearly a year and I've only had this issue recently. Whoever broke it needs to fix it.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Loads of things have been broken since s6 was released they fix is asap while breaking something else
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I am also having this issue. Memory Alpha crashes STO to desktop just as I'm about to go through the doorway into the crafting hall. I log back in and continue on my way. I noticed this crash does weird things to my laptop's touchpad; the cursor is jumpy and skippy from that point forward until I reboot the entire system.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It seems to effect me as I run around the corner to the right as you leave the transporter room where you pick up the quarantine mission. As long as I walk I'm fine.

NO RUNNING IN MEMORY ALPHA!!
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    +1

I too seem to have this little issue. Usually happens as soon as I beam down and start to run off, so the walking idea may work (though with the size of the base, especially when doing the Ferengi missions running can become essential).

Still, this is a bug. Cryptic, how about a nice big fix on this please?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Add me to the list.

Reloaded and finished my errands and went on to Starbase 39. Upon beam down there I crashed again. On second restart did the file verification, so hopefully won't crash again... until I go back to Memory Alpha of course.

Please fix this devs. Time gating is enough without crash gating as well....
    Are we there yet?