Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (July 27, 2012)

Comments

• Options
    mijhy1mijhy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ravenmind1 wrote: »
    Well I guess I'll just have to go check out one of the many other MMORPGs out there. Maybe I'll find one I like better. And then they will get my money, not Perfect World.

Ive invested too much into STO to just leave, though that was before they became Problem World.
  • Options
    malan29malan29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Stuff happens, however I'm not sure we needed to do 2 patches back to back, this could have waited. Seriously, night is when I get to play, TRIBBLE it up for the day guys sometime.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    -seconds the 700zen eva suit comment-

Yeah that is ridiculous, for 700zen it should be account wide. As much as i like the white eva suit, for that price ill just use the free ones.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm on the verge of leaving myself if some things do not change mostly due to RL stuff but in my little bit of spare time I would log on a bit but due to all the bugs that keep happening not so sure
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    they should give us the fleet tribble for having to wait.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    robeasom wrote: »
    I'm on the verge of leaving myself if some things do not change mostly due to RL stuff but in my little bit of spare time I would log on a bit but due to all the bugs that keep happening not so sure

Be sure to give me all of your stuff before you leave :P
  • Options
    ravenmind1ravenmind1 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Do they not realize that fluff like these EV suits are just going to tick people off? Give me something worthwhile & I'll buy it. Otherwise my money stays where it is.
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    good and very much needed patches in this log

so you guys can't select combadges for your boffs?

i did just get my Klingon Honor Guard Set before the last downtime, and after the downtime the option for the Cape was gone.

I still have the cape equipped / saved, but i can't change it's colors and can not switch it off/on.

I also got the Optional Accolade unlocked right after the Downtime was over,
    so it was either the last patch or a UI bug that has been around longer.

With you guys missing BOff badge options, i think it might have to do with the latest patch.
    Anyway i did send a bug report and GM ticket, can only be weeks until those go through the queue ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ravenmind1ravenmind1 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    mijhy1 wrote: »
    Be sure to give me all of your stuff before you leave :P

Love to but the idiots bind EVERYTHING worthwhile.
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    -seconds the 700zen eva suit comment-

Yeah that is ridiculous, for 700zen it should be account wide. As much as i like the white eva suit, for that price ill just use the free ones.

LOL no kidding, that suit ALONE is a troll, and after that i am sure they will make another with double stats or something ffs... although, it's looks and stats really are great, single item unlocks are a mafia hybrid/flashpan business joke
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    ltcmdjamescoreltcmdjamescore Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Tailor can wait, exchange can't!

(that's why it'll be still bugged after patch today)
    izNBNFT.jpg
  • Options
    kucingkakuhkucingkakuh Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    STO should be nominated as "The Most Often Maintenance Game of the Year"
  • Options
    jibblesmgeejibblesmgee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've noticed the shadow effects looked alot better today, maybe it's been my graphics card, but the shadows used to be so jittery that I just turned them off completely.

Was this a change that was made, or am I just imagining things?
  • Options
    tetonicatetonica Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    malan29 wrote: »
    Stuff happens, however I'm not sure we needed to do 2 patches back to back, this could have waited. Seriously, night is when I get to play, TRIBBLE it up for the day guys sometime.

You do realize that the vast majority patches happen during the morning in NA and during the day for EU, right? Right?

Honestly, all you guys are never happy. If they left these for a week there'd be whine posts cause Cryptic doesn't fix bugs in the game EVAR and doesn't care about anything etc etc etc. They fix stuff and you whine. Grow up. Seriously. :rolleyes:

And, before you say it, I'm far from a cryptic/pwe fanboy
    Lynis, Orion Engineer, main
    Rrezeth, Gorn Tactical, primary alt
    Nari, Orion Science, secondary alt
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Second Life is like never offline and that game is MASSIVLY larger in size and usually only a single sim goes down if that ever few months by some fluke and people look puzzled lol :D
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    tetonica wrote: »
    You do realize that the vast majority patches happen during the morning in NA and during the day for EU, right? Right?

Honestly, all you guys are never happy. If they left these for a week there'd be whine posts cause Cryptic doesn't fix bugs in the game EVAR and doesn't care about anything etc etc etc. They fix stuff and you whine. Grow up. Seriously. :rolleyes:

And, before you say it, I'm far from a cryptic/pwe fanboy

seriously good post man. these kids need to stfu. back in the day when WoW was new they would just drop the server in the middle of the day w/o ANY warning. you would be in the middle of a mission and BAM there it goes. Even in the middle of the day here in the USA.

You children just need to stfu, read a book, or at the very lest look up STO videos on youtube. These DEV's are at lest working on it!
  • Options
    zalzanyzalzany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ravenmind1 wrote: »
    Well I guess I'll just have to go check out one of the many other MMORPGs out there. Maybe I'll find one I like better. And then they will get my money, not Perfect World.

Why do people think this works? Go ask Blizzard if it works, I stopped paying them a long time ago, and frankly I don't think they noticed it one bit lol. This reminds me too much from when I worked retail, you would hear this type semi-often from people in bad moods, then sure as rain they come back.

Once you spend money, that a fair amount of money you earned, yo go from "maybe I won't spend money here," (means I wasn't planning to anyways). To "I spent how much, and its still broken," (I will wait till my wife/other/mom makes me stop, and complain loudly daily till its fixed to some one).
  • Options
    deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    betayuya wrote: »
    Second Life is like never offline and that game is MASSIVLY larger in size and usually only a single sim goes down if that ever few months by some fluke and people look puzzled lol :D

very different things...very different setups, the only thing in common is their are people playing online, that's it. except in second life you're really not playing anything. 2nd life is essentially a glorified chat app.

@cryptic...what about the white blobs of doom? the new objects that are showing up overbright and fps killers in some maps.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    not to much a glorified chat app, tens of thousands can be made in there as "free to play" i have made a good deal myself from there

plus building and selling, or running your own world, only limited by the imagination
    plus you can write your own viewers in C++, crazy stuff
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    eskevareskevar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The dev need to learn how to work...
    Teorically (idk how they implement it) the exchange is a simply database query with "text", "rank", "color" and "price" filter: the basic of any programming language.
    Any object in game must be a simply record with few field and research keys.

Another problem is that everytime they fix something, they create 2 new bugs...
    They change the layout of the email (not so needed with the problem we have with game) and they bugged it...

Seems that test server is almost useless if everytime they take something from there to "holodeck" is this the result.
  • Options
    medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well you have to consider they first have to take the system offline.
    Then they probably do a backup.
    Next they would input the changes to the code.
    Probably have some sort of "check" to run over the code.
    Then they have to boot the system back up.
    And check to make sure the "fixes" actually fixed something.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHA

Oh God my sides

:D
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2012
    So, now the taylor is broken? I must have missed that, because before the patch a week ago, the taylor was working properly. Well, seems like there's still sum wurk to be dun. And this must be a record. Two meowntenances in less than 18 hours of both 3 hours length. That means, the game has been down 6 and up 12 hours for the last 18 hours, wow. :)
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    So, now the taylor is broken? I must have missed that, because before the patch a week ago, the taylor was working properly. Well, seems like there's still sum wurk to be dun. And this must be a record. Two meowntenances in less than 18 hours of both 3 hours length. That means, the game has been down 6 and up 12 hours for the last 18 hours, wow. :)

lol ikr? i love STO, but if they weeklyed it it would be better and i think they would iron out way more bugs that way
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You don't think you could turn the CXP to Fleet Marks contact in the Starbases could you?

The way it sounded in another thread (15 days ago) the contact was made they just needed to flip a switch to activate them. How long does it take to flip a switch?
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2012
    Oh yeah, furgot about that one cumpletely. :D
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    pAtching now .... 217 by the looks of it , fast and painless
  • Options
    shadoreshadore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Betayuya, is that picture your character in secondlife?
  • Options
    infernomortisinfernomortis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Also has anyone noticed that when you try to change the window types on your ship, once you have clicked the drop down menu the whole thing dissapears :eek:

Not really life threatening but still annoying, like the tailor glitches :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC]overlord_2097.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    No fix for Plasmonic Leech? :(
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    betayuya wrote: »
    LOL no kidding, that suit ALONE is a troll, and after that i am sure they will make another with double stats or something ffs... although, it's looks and stats really are great, single item unlocks are a mafia hybrid/flashpan business joke

Apparently Cryptic doesn't up hold the whole "we work to better ourselves, no money philosophy." They sure don't mind ripping us a new one weekly.

But it is Chinese philosophy for you ...

We make cheap and sell to dumb American for lots of momeny...

we laugh at dumb American buy our cheap **** with lots of there money...
This discussion has been closed.