test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (July 27, 2012)

Comments

• mijhy1mijhy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    On the note of the EVA suit, you know i might would spend 700zen per character if i could use it as a costume for my bridge officers.
  • redfriarredfriar Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I love how the site says "server status: up" when the game client is clearly saying otherwise. I wonder if that is just a permanent graphic.
  • volk74volk74 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Several years ago SecondLife was down every day.
  • malan29malan29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    tetonica wrote: »
    You do realize that the vast majority patches happen during the morning in NA and during the day for EU, right? Right?

Honestly, all you guys are never happy. If they left these for a week there'd be whine posts cause Cryptic doesn't fix bugs in the game EVAR and doesn't care about anything etc etc etc. They fix stuff and you whine. Grow up. Seriously. :rolleyes:

And, before you say it, I'm far from a cryptic/pwe fanboy

If by "patches" you mean Season patches or major patches, then sure. However, every single "maintenance" that fixes said patches, happens at midnight pdt. Those at least are generally done 30 min to an hour earlier than what they predict, whereas the daytime ones seem to take that much longer. LoL
  • malan29malan29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    polie05 wrote: »
    seriously good post man. these kids need to stfu. back in the day when WoW was new they would just drop the server in the middle of the day w/o ANY warning. you would be in the middle of a mission and BAM there it goes. Even in the middle of the day here in the USA.

You children just need to stfu, read a book, or at the very lest look up STO videos on youtube. These DEV's are at lest working on it!

Warning:Fanboi
  • ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    mijhy1 wrote: »
    Apparently Cryptic doesn't up hold the whole "we work to better ourselves, no money philosophy." They sure don't mind ripping us a new one weekly.

But it is Chinese philosophy for you ...

We make cheap and sell to dumb American for lots of momeny...

we laugh at dumb American buy our cheap **** with lots of there money...

Crptic is not China iven if a Company from China is now the mother of Cryptic
    and if the USA whould be really for Democrazy they had attacked already China and all other Contrys with a Dictator

sorry for bad english
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    politics! LOUD NOISES! (covers ears) lol :D
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think this is a perfect time to once again mention that I can't turn of the horrible "Rumble" setting. Switching it to "Off" doesn't work, and it shows that it's "On" everytime I log in. :rolleyes::mad::o
  • ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    qjunior wrote: »
    I think this is a perfect time to once again mention that I can't turn of the horrible "Rumble" setting. Switching it to "Off" doesn't work, and it shows that it's "On" everytime I log in. :rolleyes::mad::o
    are you playing with X-Box 360 Controller my Keybord has no rumble or my mous?
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Another 3hour downtime, seriously? you just did one, wait you are probably going to add a silly costume piece that you can only wear on a Monday at 2:13 for 30seconds, wait you dont have any content for it either, youll go ahead and try to rip players off still wont you.
  • infernomortisinfernomortis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    redfriar wrote: »
    I love how the site says "server status: up" when the game client is clearly saying otherwise. I wonder if that is just a permanent graphic.

Yeah I thought that at one point but It did actually change to Status: Down during S6 update sooo, maybe they just forgot this time :D
    [SIGPIC]overlord_2097.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    ussberlin wrote: »
    are you playing with X-Box 360 Controller my Keybord has no rumble or my mous?

I play with a mouse... never used any controllers ...

I performed a system recovery some time ago and had to re-install STO. Ever since that time, the "Rumble" function refuses to go away... space combat (like Starbase Alert) is almost unbearable... :(

Edit: It's not my hardware that rumbles, it's the damn screen.
  • ouuoouuo Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I performed a system recovery some time ago and had to re-install STO. Ever since that time, the "Rumble" function refuses to go away... space combat (like Starbase Alert) is almost unbearable... :(

The setting to stop the camera from shaking is under "Controls" in the options menu, IIRC. Look for something like "camera shake" or "camera motion."
  • ghost2448ghost2448 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hmm, by my calculations should it be up now?
  • shadoreshadore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Scheduled to end in 30 minutes
    edited July 2012
    yay! patchzilla, ok i love you bye bye :D
    eywdK7c.jpg
    edited July 2012
    ouuo wrote: »
    The setting to stop the camera from shaking is under "Controls" in the options menu, IIRC. Look for something like "camera shake" or "camera motion."

Oh my, I feel like an idiot now. A devishly handsome and amazingly intelligent idiot, but still... :D

Thanks, puny little mortal for the advice. :):D
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2012

I think the season 6 patch stopped a lot of settings from remaining persistent once set. I have to change my camera type for five out of seven characters every fracking time I change maps... It's really starting to grind my gears.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited July 2012

that's camera shake not rumble, that only applies to gamepads.

check gameprefs.pref in localdata folder in sto's main folder, look for a line
    PrefEntry EnableCameraShake 0
    0 =no shake, if it's not there add it
    how mine looks (the relevant section)
    PrefEntry EnableAutoLoot 1
    PrefEntry EnableCameraShake 0
    PrefEntry GfxSettings.Antialiasing 1

it can be opened in notepad, or notepad+ if you have that, and only if you can't get the in game setting to save...had issues on tribble with that for some reason, shake would not go away even when set to off.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
    edited July 2012
    Oh my, I feel like an idiot now. A devishly handsome and amazingly intelligent idiot, but still... :D

Thanks, puny little mortal for the advice. :):D

It is a pleasure beyond my comprehension to serve one as mighty as you, my liege.
  • cptkickbuttcptkickbutt Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Server should be online by now, one thing i have noticed a lot with scheduled maintenance is that they always leave the servers online for an extra 30mins-1 hour after their scheduled time and this is usually the same when waiting for them to come back online
    edited July 2012
    Server should be online by now, one thing i have noticed a lot with scheduled maintenance is that they always leave the servers online for an extra 30mins-1 hour after their scheduled time and this is usually the same when waiting for them to come back online

Nah, we're still within the 3-hour time frame: 3am Pacific, 4am Mountain, 5am Central, 6am Eastern, etc.
    edited July 2012
    ouuo wrote: »
    Nah, we're still within the 3-hour time frame: 3am Pacific, 4am Mountain, 5am Central, 6am Eastern, etc.

Nope were not says UTC 10am, and its 10:34am here in the UK
    edited July 2012

This maintenance was scheduled to last 3 hours, not the usual 2. Still almost half an hour to go. :)
    edited July 2012
    This maintenance was scheduled to last 3 hours, not the usual 2. Still almost half an hour to go. :)

On my side it says server will be down between UTC 07.00-10.00

So if its 10.36 here in the UK and were UTC then obviously its overdue :D
  • kelernkelern Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Uk is now on bst,british summer time, so we are +1
    edited July 2012

UK time is UTC + 1 currently.

London's current time zone offset: UTC/GMT +1 hour
  • ferengicraddockferengicraddock Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

You're forgetting we're on BST at the mo, not GMT...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    UFP Catering Corps
    edited July 2012
    kelern wrote: »
    Uk is now on bst,british summer time, so we are +1

Ah i see, so really they should have said 11.00am then.
    Great stuff! I own a gaming center you see so I have 2 people come in early to play STO, when its offline they dont pay :confused:
    edited July 2012
    "forget tribbles! we need hampsters people! captain to engineering, begin, begin cloning of all the remaining hampsters, we will get this ship to fly yet godd&^% IT!!"

lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
This discussion has been closed.