when are promises gonna be kept?

2»

Comments

• ryanevryanev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    vonbon wrote: »
    Until they do (if they do) change pvp, go play Bridge commander :P
    i highly recommend the KM Mod

This. The best PvP I've ever had in star trek games :)
  • thepleasuredomethepleasuredome Member Posts: 308
    edited July 2012
    Q: (robinsonfamily) With Gozer leaving, will the PvP project he was working on still receive the same level of commitment? Can we expect an announcement from Cryptic Studios regarding PvP and who will now lead it?

Dstahl: While I?m sad to see Gozer go, we have an amazing array of new content designers, such as Mr. Dods (Alpha, Starbase Incursion, Starbase Alert) who will be continuing the work on PvP as we move closer to the redesign of the system. We expect the updates to PvP to happen on our Test Server first and will not be going Holodeck until the PvP community has had ample time to provide feedback. We know that this will take some time, whether Gozer was working on it or not. Fortunately, the work already done is still there and will be continued. I wish Gozer the best in his future endeavors, but if you are worried his departure is going to slow down content production, it will not. We?ve hired several new content designers and the content team is rock solid. We will continue to make great content, such as what you are seeing in Season 6

Well here's another statement by Stahl that so far has proven to be untrue. This was taken from the July Ask Cryptic. What DStahl forgets to mention though was that he personally canned every idea Gozer put forth, thereby not allowing any forward progress to even begin beyond data mining and concocting new pvp scenarios we'll never see the light of. Which is too bad, cause I would have loved to hear what Gozer was at least thinking of proposing.
    Arawn & Ihasa
    OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
    Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/738221-monetizing-perfect-world-s-latest-update
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »

PvP changes where actually was mentioned as a part of the Season 6 update that was comming, back in April of this year on STOked by Gozer himself and many were told to expect some new code for its updating arriving in the release of S6.

Though I agree, DStahl stahled it then Gozer left but it seems we should remember Season 6 is not technically over until Season 7 arrives.

Fixed it for ya! :eek:

Cheers
    Arawn & Ihasa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wesleycrasherwesleycrasher Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Guys, how can you all be so narrow minded? There are only so many devs and too few pvpers clamoring for updates to be heard over the din of Drozana based RPers demanding sexy new haircuts for their Catians so someone will finally cyber them.
    All the toys you can't afford.
    edited July 2012
    Guys, how can you all be so narrow minded? There are only so many devs and too few pvpers clamoring for updates to be heard over the din of Drozana based RPers demanding sexy new haircuts for their Catians so someone will finally cyber them.

LOL....we don't do furries, not even in San Francisco!
    Arawn & Ihasa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hawks3052hawks3052 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    When I remember all the promises Cryptic has made I highly doubt PvP will get much attention any time soon.
    edited July 2012
    hawks3052 wrote: »
    When I remember all the promises Cryptic has made I highly doubt PvP will get much attention any time soon.

Well they've finally given a straight answer regarding the KDF some time ago. It's time to do the same with pvp and balance. Either they care and do something, or they don't. Stahl's actions continuously demonstrate they don't despite his statements to the contrary.
    Arawn & Ihasa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shimmerlessshimmerless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    kingdoxy wrote: »
    From what I remember the PvP thread the devs opened up lasted about 5 posts before its all flames toward the Dev that was going to tackle the mess that PvP is due to neglect.

Then that dev left. (and I'm sure he's really going to miss the "love" the pvp folks gave him).

Considering Cryptic is really willing to give PvP the death penalty and scrap it. You'd think the PvP folks would be nicer to Devs but the community isn't. So you can add me to the pile of folks who won't be sad if they do pull the plug on PvP. Because all I've seen from the PvP community is anger, bitterness and venom.

Is it really worth saving? I'd love to hear some positives of PvP and why I should give a damn about it.

The thing is, I just can't understand how people can squeeze milk out of this game's PvE for as long as they've been doing it. How can you do any of the non-flavor missions and not just be absolutely bored to tears with how much of a cakewalk it is?

I'm probably biased because I come from a PvP-heavy background, but even when I enjoy a single-player game it's either because the story is engrossing or the gameplay mechanics are challenging. If neither is available in bulk, I simply quit.

I think a lot of the frustration comes from the fact that this game's engine (and its aesthetics, because God if STO isn't one gorgeous son-of-a-***** graphics-wise) are both so promising and yet without the challenge of facing other players there's just nothing to do in it. The game is a vast, empty expanse; cold and rarely perturbed by signs of life. And it really doesn't have to be that way, it wouldn't take much work at all to turn PvP around.

I've even said this before but there can be content catered to people who aren't fond of soloing or getting blown away repeatedly by their superiors the minute they warp into a map. Have team maps as part of the story missions during levelling, have massive fleet-size faction duels, whatever. Just anything other than the anemic nothingness that we have right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
  • vesphavespha Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    When will you people learn ...they're all empty.
    "We all change, when you think about it, we're all different people; all through our lives, and that's okay, that's good, you've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
    edited July 2012
    dank65 wrote: »
    Well after 2+ years of saying one thing after another and then getting nothing its really not
    surprising there is so much "Bitterness and Venom".

Maybe just maybe if they actually did a few things they actually said we the PvP community
    may become a little nicer but at this point IMHO they should be the ones to make the
    first move...

I know for sure that when pvp'ers aren't dismissed off-hand, they are very appreciative. Take the thanks J-man gets whenever he says he'll look into something on the forums, or that Jesse gets for so much as saying "Hi" in OPvP channel. Confrontation and resentment are both very narrow two way streets in which a head on collision is near unavoidable.

And that brings us to the jist of the thread...if Cryptic did or does the things it's said, there would be less venom and bitterness. Someone (other than Jesse or Borticus, you know, managershas to want to make that effort toward their playerbase on Cryptic's behalf. Then they will se a happier pvp playerbase and a larger pvp playerbase. This game's pvp would be awesome if only it were given any attention beyond a cursory bug/exploit fix or the occasional skill re-balance.
    Arawn & Ihasa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shailatshailat Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    falloutx23 wrote: »
    lets face it, the pve hero's once again got there way.
    and thats the sad part, most pvers in this game cant even play it, run around with out hypos, or skills to heal each other.
    ogew7.jpg