test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Oh cool, useless suits. When we getting pay to acquire MACO/Omega?

zekeferrignozekeferrigno Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Seriously. If you want me to pay for something, make me pay for something I want. I want X and XI to be available for Dilithium or Zen. Don't care which. Make it happen.
Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it. - Bubba
Post edited by zekeferrigno on

Comments

• Options
    skhcskhc Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think its quite sufficient that the best ships in the game cost money without adding the best equipment sets in the game to the ZStore too.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    skhc wrote: »
    I think its quite sufficient that the best ships in the game cost money without adding the best equipment sets in the game to the ZStore too.

I don't find it sufficient at all. If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly and take my money for stuff I want. I hate random drops, sitting through 1:30 of the same thing you've sat through to get nothing is redic. Let me buy nao.
    Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it. - Bubba
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They are aware on the unfairness and sometimes impossible STF rewards, yet will do nothing about it. For example I have heaps of rare shield tech but no rare or prototype engine and deflector tech.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    So why don't they take the logical money making stance of let us sell the older sets on the Z-Store or for Dilithium? It makes no sense. I don't get drops in games. I have TERRIBLE RNG luck. I say let me pay to balance out my bad luck.
  • Options
    skhcskhc Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Okay, we'll take that attitude to its logical conclusion then and let you buy everything in the game for real money if you want to. Including ships, STF gear, [acc]x3 weapons, the works.

I don't want to play a game like that personally. Doubt I'm the only one.

What they should do with the STF store is introduce some sort of way to swap tech you don't need for tech you do need. Even if it was on a 2:1 basis, people would use it.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Judging by the amount of Orb Weavers I see being sold, I think you are incorrect. I didn't say MKXII gear now did I? Some of us have been doing these for a while with no luck. I have a job, I consistently make minimum wage, so let me consistently use my McDonald's Jack to buy my gear.
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm ok with them selling "hats" (it's the term I use for cosmetic items), but the price they are asking for this item is recockulous given how rarely one would use it and the fact that it's not account-wide.

When did cosmetic items start becoming per-character only? This is weaksauce.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm ok with them selling "hats" (it's the term I use for cosmetic items), but the price they are asking for this item is recockulous given how rarely one would use it and the fact that it's not account-wide.

When did cosmetic items start becoming per-character only? This is weaksauce.
    This thread is not actually about the EV Suit. It's about the idea that people want the ability to buy Raid gear rather then having to Raid for it. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Read it. I've done these damn raids til I'm blue in the face and haven't gotten what I need for my gear. This thread is also about the people who can smugly sit in judgmental glory since they have their gear and got lucky. And yes, that is the word to use. They. Got. LUCKY. Your luck should not preclude paying customers.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Read it. I've done these damn raids til I'm blue in the face and haven't gotten what I need for my gear. This thread is also about the people who can smugly sit in judgmental glory since they have their gear and got lucky. And yes, that is the word to use. They. Got. LUCKY. Your luck should not preclude paying customers.
    I'm not judging you. I was simply saying to badname that this thread isn't the about complaining about the price/functionality of the new EV Suit. I don't agree with what you want, but I'm not judging you.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Honestly, what I'd look at doing here is to have an alternate Mk XII set.

40 EDC and 40 Lobi a piece.

You still do the STFs to get them for the 40 EDC.

Or have it follow the Tholian set model. You supply a full set of Mk XI and 150 Lobi for the alternate Mk XII set. You get the Mk XII stats. The visual unlocks are a bit different. If you want the pure Mk XII visuals, you keep playing the STFs but you DO get a helmet and shoulderpads this way.

Give them a distinct visual with a gold plated look on the metal bits and shiny quilted fabric, "made from the finest Tholian silk," with the finest "nanopulse temperature regulation" which gives them a subtle tron look.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think the big thing that could be done to set these apart is make the helmets on the Lobi upgrades look like a Ferengi-shaped head with a faceplate, along with nanopulsepiping, quilted fabric, and extra metal bling throughout.

That way, if you're really into the pure set look, going for standard Mk XII is not totally obsolete.

And it could be the same blinged out Ferengi helmet on all 3 sets.
  • Options
    brokenmirror2012brokenmirror2012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Cryptic: Lets introduce this new set that requires hours of time and skill to get
    Playerbase: Put it in the C-store NOOOOOWWWWWW
    Cryptic: Fine -_-
    Player Who bought it: HAHAHA i bought this set that means i have SKILLLLZZZ
    Player who grinded for it: -_- I spent 4 hours so everyone could have the set? REALLY

STF Gear:

Playerbase:Ugghhhh Put it i teh c-store because im a noob and i cant beat a Normal STF if my life depended on it.
    Cryptic: Whatever
    Player who grinded for it: REALLY! I spend all this time on getting sets... Now it's worth nothing, I want something in return!
    Player Who bought it: Too bad. And im smarter then you because i bought the set, and not grinded for it, HAHAHA
    Noobs are super happy
    Players who have any amount of skill are very very very very very very did i say Very? angry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    palek2000palek2000 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Seriously. If you want me to pay for something, make me pay for something I want. I want X and XI to be available for Dilithium or Zen. Don't care which. Make it happen.

Mk X and XI can currently be purchased with edc's.
    Former Forum Moderator - 10.28.2016 2:04pm-4:06pm
    PC LTS - Launch
    XBox Freeloader - Launch
  • Options
    sircreationsircreation Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    palek2000 wrote: »
    Mk X and XI can currently be purchased with edc's.

TY. I was reading through the posts and wondering why no one had mentioned that.

That's how myself and a friend got our MK XI space/ground sets. I don't bother getting the MK X sets. If I get a MK X drop I turn it in for dil. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Moved on to semi-better things. >.<
    Reboot ~ Mage
  • Options
    logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They are aware on the unfairness and sometimes impossible STF rewards, yet will do nothing about it. For example I have heaps of rare shield tech but no rare or prototype engine and deflector tech.

It would not be so bad if they made this account bound.

My main character has dozens of tech drops and hundreds of EDC. My 6 alts have very little.
  • Options
    vesphavespha Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Wow, you're lazy. Its the people like YOU who have ruined MMO's....Its a grind fest for a reason ....don't like it ...don't play it.

And on a side note ...Mk X and Mk XI are BY FAR the easiest to get...Maybe if you played for more than 15 minutes you'd see....

just sayin
    "We all change, when you think about it, we're all different people; all through our lives, and that's okay, that's good, you've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Not lazy, I just don't want to run these 120 times at MINIMUM assuming I get no tech drops just for the gear. I'd rather just pay 30 bucks for the old gear so I can do the current stuff. You are just mean to me for recommending this because you poured countless hours of your life grinding the exact same thing. Grinding sucks by the way. No one likes grinding, and if they say they do they are probably the same people who request cigs to be put out on their chest for their jollies. You know, masochists. You can have an MMO without grinding, it just takes vision.

Not once have I said make the current MKXII gear for sale so less QQ plox.
  • Options
    logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Not lazy, I just don't want to run these 120 times at MINIMUM assuming I get no tech drops just for the gear. I'd rather just pay 30 bucks for the old gear so I can do the current stuff. You are just mean to me for recommending this because you poured countless hours of your life grinding the exact same thing. Grinding sucks by the way. No one likes grinding, and if they say they do they are probably the same people who request cigs to be put out on their chest for their jollies. You know, masochists. You can have an MMO without grinding, it just takes vision.

Not once have I said make the current MKXII gear for sale so less QQ plox.

Actually, you would have to run them AT MAXIMUM 120 times, not at minimum and the probability of you running 120 STF missions without getting a single piece of rare tech or an extra EDC drop is very low.

And even then, so what? My first MACO ground set was purchased entirely with EDC. If the ground sets are easy to get without playing a lot of STFs, that kind of defeats the point of them being a reward for those who play a lot of STFs.
  • Options
    eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I liked the STF sets were not in any kind of RMT store. That you had to actually play the game to get the sets.

But now the # of people doing STFs have declined. It's now taking me much longer in the queues and rare tech just doesn't drop!

So as a compromise, how about set purchases that are unlocked once you have done at least 50 STFs? You can keep ginding in hopes of getting the tech. Or just buy them once you've unlocked the purchase.
  • Options
    aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm trying to get my Mk XII Honor Guard set for my Gorn character, and let me tell you, it's frustrating as hell to see 'Rare Borg Shield Tech' pop up...because I already had it 4 times, and I don't need another shield or deflector, I need the engines! I'm only running ISE again because I'm grinding EDC's for the ground gear, yet keep getting the rare tech there instead of CSE, where I actually need it.

What Cryptic needs to do is remove the specific nature of Borg tech, so that it is just 'Rare Borg Tech', and we can spend it on whatever the hell we want. THAT would make STF's less frustrating, IMHO. Making Mk XII STF gear account-bound instead of character-bound would also help a great deal; having just finished that grind on my Fed main, I feel like I should be able to swap it to whichever character needs it at the time. That was, by far, the most tedious grind I've ever had in STO.
  • Options
    theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    eagledraco wrote: »
    I liked the STF sets were not in any kind of RMT store. That you had to actually play the game to get the sets.

But now the # of people doing STFs have declined. It's now taking me much longer in the queues and rare tech just doesn't drop!

So as a compromise, how about set purchases that are unlocked once you have done at least 50 STFs? You can keep ginding in hopes of getting the tech. Or just buy them once you've unlocked the purchase.

It's not just the number of players that has dropped: the quality of the players seems to have taken a hit the past month. I just ran three elite STF's on an alternate toon and lost the optional to all three due to specific actions by noobs but did the most damage every time. There are just so many players that ruin a game while ignoring other players' communications and failing to communicate themselves. Language barrier isn't even the case every time as I've found...

I think the MACO and Omega sets will eventually go to the STF Store as legacy gear like the Borg set once new sets are released...though after all the bollocks with Season 6's money grabs I've learned never to believe a prediction or rumor even from a likable developer ("Fleet ships will cost significantly less than C-store ships"...yeah right)...because the Chinese overlords can change things at any time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    This^

I'm not some noob who doesn't know how to play a MMO. This is by far my first rodeo in terms of MMOs. Played VANILLA WoW religiously for years and it was by far a lot harder than this. I know how to not stand in fire and how to survive. I run into these very barriers while trying to play catch up now, over the past month trying to do these STFs I've not seen the bonus objective completed once. Not once! I don't get the overzealous attitude of people defending their stuff. Big whoop, you grinded for it. You want a grind-cookie? Do ya? Huh? Huh boy? Grind-cookie?! Would me buying the ***OBSOLETE GEAR*** really be so offensive to you people? I'm not asking for your precious MKXIIs. I want to earn those. The others though?? Does it somehow lessen the impact of you running them thousands of times? Really? Because you can just say I bought my welfare gear, and you can smugly clap yourselves on the backs that you did the same thing repeatedly to earn yours whereas I'm just a welfare sucking TORT Feaser.
  • Options
    cedricophoffcedricophoff Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    This thread is not actually about the EV Suit. It's about the idea that people want the ability to buy Raid gear rather then having to Raid for it. :)

I would have been outraged a while ago, but with all the sell your soul for money stuff going on i doubt them doing this would phase me... /back to zombie mode.
  • Options
    aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This^

I'm not some noob who doesn't know how to play a MMO. This is by far my first rodeo in terms of MMOs. Played VANILLA WoW religiously for years and it was by far a lot harder than this. I know how to not stand in fire and how to survive. I run into these very barriers while trying to play catch up now, over the past month trying to do these STFs I've not seen the bonus objective completed once. Not once! I don't get the overzealous attitude of people defending their stuff. Big whoop, you grinded for it. You want a grind-cookie? Do ya? Huh? Huh boy? Grind-cookie?! Would me buying the ***OBSOLETE GEAR*** really be so offensive to you people? I'm not asking for your precious MKXIIs. I want to earn those. The others though?? Does it somehow lessen the impact of you running them thousands of times? Really? Because you can just say I bought my welfare gear, and you can smugly clap yourselves on the backs that you did the same thing repeatedly to earn yours whereas I'm just a welfare sucking TORT Feaser.

Is it too much to ask that the time we invested into these sets mean something? If we spend all this time grinding the stuff out, then someone else can just come in and get it in 30 seconds via a C-store purchase, it's kind of a kick in the nuts.

Don't get me wrong; I don't want to withold gear from people, and I don't think that's the intention of the other posters here who don't want the STF gear to be put into the store; it's simply a matter of our time being declared worthless. Also, you can already buy the Borg set for a mere 5 EDC per item; that doesn't require Elite STF's, and could be easily handled on one day in a weekend, or two days if you only play an hour or two each day.

Now, I would be ok with this if everyone who already owned STF gear was given compensation equal to the purchase price of the gear, if put on the store. So, if it was 1,500 Zen for a complete set, we would all end up with 500 Zen for each piece we had. I would be cool with that, and I think the others would be as well (although I would not presume to speak for them).

Having said all that...you need to chill out and drop the insults, dude. We don't hate you, or wish a terrible grind upon you, or anything like that; please consider our perspective before you start assuming we want to exclude others for the sole purpose of propping up our egos with pixelcrack. Also, the optional objective has nothing to do with getting the set gear...nothing whatsoever. The set gear only drops as a random chance on completion of the STF, and does not drop as part of the optional reward. The best thing an optional reward can drop is 'Prototype Borg Salvage', which can only be exchanged for Mk XII weapons and equipment, NOT set gear.
  • Options
    theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    aethon3050 wrote: »
    I'm trying to get my Mk XII Honor Guard set for my Gorn character, and let me tell you, it's frustrating as hell to see 'Rare Borg Shield Tech' pop up...because I already had it 4 times, and I don't need another shield or deflector, I need the engines! I'm only running ISE again because I'm grinding EDC's for the ground gear, yet keep getting the rare tech there instead of CSE, where I actually need it.

What Cryptic needs to do is remove the specific nature of Borg tech, so that it is just 'Rare Borg Tech', and we can spend it on whatever the hell we want. THAT would make STF's less frustrating, IMHO. Making Mk XII STF gear account-bound instead of character-bound would also help a great deal; having just finished that grind on my Fed main, I feel like I should be able to swap it to whichever character needs it at the time. That was, by far, the most tedious grind I've ever had in STO.

I guess having specific types of Borg Tech forces everyone to play all three STF's? Although, I'd think that the cooldowns could have the same effect for most people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
  • Options
    liquidacid29liquidacid29 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah that's pretty much what "lazy" means.

Lazy: averse or disinclined to work, activity, or exertion.

how is it lazy to pay real money for the gear? I assume he had to work to earn that money so he would have most likely put in more effort in real life to earn those items he bought than you have grinding in game

no matter if you grind it out in game or work irl to pay for it you're putting in "effort" ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Full sets of mk XII maco should be available in a store somewhere just to clear the grinders out of the stfs

perhaps at a price of 1000 zen per character

better still make a Mrk infinity (usable by ANY rank) with the powers of maco mk xii
    and sell it for 500 ec in the stores

because macos are only soldiers
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just bought that fresh EV-suit.
    I love it. Sparks comes out of it when I TRIBBLE. it includes a set of shoulderpads. One for a fancy shouldermounted lazzor, and a cupholder for a can of cool-aide.
    The amount of female orion applicants to starfleet academy has never been greater.
    Oh. I forgot to mention that it is upgradable to a black suit with a batman-cape.
    [/hilarious sarcasm]

:D:D
    /Floozy
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

dStahl told us on multiple occasions that STF Loot was reworked in Season 7.

Whatever that means...

You are aware that you get different drops from different STFs right?
    if you have to many Shields i suggest you stop doing Infected Space and do only the other 2.

ISE / SHIELD
    KASE / DEFLECTOR
    CSE / ENGINE

IGE / PSG
    KAGE / ARMOR
    CGE / WEAPON

That is how the Stuff drops, don't waste your time on the wrong STF.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]