What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Combat EV Suits Available

Comments

• Options
    guardianvalourguardianvalour Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It is nice to see canon environmental suits in the game, and they certainly do look great. However, as other have already noted, they are over-priced and the fact that they are per character items further diminishes whatever redeeming qualities the suits themselves may have.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    To the artist/artists that designed the suits:
    They look great, you really did an amazing job on them. Seriously. :)

To the person/people who decided the pricing/single unlock:
    Get off my bridge.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    otowi wrote: »
    I love the design of these suits, I really do.

But 700 Zen per character is just insane. Who thought this would be a good idea?

I could accept 700 Zen for ACCOUNT wide unlock, but per char? No.

I think somewhere between 300-500 zen would be much more in the right direction for per char unlock.

I want a suit, but the one from the Tholian missions will serve me just as well, and that one is FREE

The sad thing is, I think a per character unlock would work.

I would want a handful of thing to consider it at 700 ZEN per character:

1. Physical damage bonus (for recreating Worf in EV suit fun; it's not an imbalancing extra since people won't get that along with the energy bonus)

2. Built in Remodulator (completely impractical for an EV suit until we fight Borg in hostile environments but fairly true to canon... just make it a touch longer than the STF set bonus remod)

3. EV suit costume unlock, helmeted and helmetless options, one patch of color to customize on the costumes.

4. 5 to a pack. The packs can be sold. When opened, the suits are bound. This would enable outfitting away teams of BOs in them. It would not likely DECREASE sales since they still are locked to the character who opens them but it would INCREASE sales due to perception of value. You rarely NEED to outfit BOs in EV suits so nobody would buy them for that but the OPTION to makes these sound like a better value per purchase because then it becomes 140 ZEN per suit with the spares only usable on BOs.

These are not dramatic changes. They are unlikely to cost sales and very likely would increase them if the 700 ZEN and per character parts are set in stone.
  • Options
    macricanmacrican Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So I have to say that I love the new suits. Great job by the design team, massive kudos to all involved. After I DL'ed the patch, I looked at my account and found that after purchasing my Delta Flyer yesterday, I had 725 Zen left over. I'm one of those freaks that only has one character so I said Frak it. and it looks awesome.

Thank you Cryptic.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    At 700 Zen ($7.00 U.S.) - IF these were for an account wide unlock (as the majority of other C-Store costumes are - and in the end, that's EXACTLY whay these are as you can get the old style suits with better stats in game in the Nukara invasion) - AND I could make any better EVA suit I acquired look like these FC EVA suits in the tailor; I'd probably pick them up.

However - $7.00 per character? Really? I gthoughbt Cryptic said PWE was NOT going to force aspects of the Eastern F2P on Cryptic; becuase a $7.00 per character unlock is EXACTLY the type of thing I would expect tpo see in an Eastern MMO cash shop.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    macrican wrote: »
    So I have to say that I love the new suits. Great job by the design team, massive kudos to all involved. After I DL'ed the patch, I looked at my account and found that after purchasing my Delta Flyer yesterday, I had 725 Zen left over. I'm one of those freaks that only has one character so I said Frak it. and it looks awesome.

Thank you Cryptic.

:o /facepalm
  • Options
    muncheemunchee Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Thank you Cryptic.

There's 1 L in every crowd
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I wonder, where are the Cryptic / PWE defenders now.

didn't you read the comments on that page? they're sitting there accusing people of being 'whiny' calling people 'cheap' calling them rude, spoiled brats and, oh yes, calling them TRIBBLE

how is it they keep getting away with this kind of thing? telling people to shut up or leave is unacceptable, calling them a TRIBBLE is not only unacceptable, its a crime in several countries.
    These EV suits are cosmetic

No, they're not. They don't call them 'combat EV suits' for no reason.
    These are not required to win or do well

This is not an argument for them in any manner whatsoever. this is you trying to make excuses
    But there is no reason to get upset over a small piece of fluff

Thats what every apologist says about every act cryptic has done and every item they have released. It is not an excuse and this is not fluff. To say nothing of the fact its another piece of a much larger load of bs they've been pulling lately
    Vote with your wallet

Which does absolutely nothing because no matter how many or how few are sold cryptic will hide the actual figures and claim they were successful
    There's 1 L in every crowd

Yes, and more often than not they are in some way working for the company in situations like this

It'll be a cold day in hell, when satan skates to work, bush gets the nobel peace prize, 7-11 cheeseburgers become edible and Hitler rises from the dead and converts to orthodox judaism, before I even consider buying one of these things
  • Options
    tcbys1tcbys1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    700 Zen per character for a useless suit. Nope. If it was 100 Zen maybe. But for 700 Zen I expect a account wide unlock.

Crypic your going down the ****ter.
  • Options
    tcbys1tcbys1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is turning into something that is Not Star Trek.

I wish it would not of gone F2P. A Chinese company is ruining Star Trek....
  • Options
    dashuk2381dashuk2381 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The sad thing is you can run a couple of the Tholian missions and get nothing but EVA suits from your requisitions that are all just as decent as the 700 Zen one, lol. I bought a purple quality EVA suit on the exchange for 10,000 EC, but nice try Cryptic. I'm also noticing an alarming trend where new c-store stuff is now per character on a more frequent basis.
  • Options
    kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Add me to the pile of "too rich for my blood".

If Cryptic feels like experimenting with pricing I expect this one to fail.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Cryptic, I'm happy you finally added the First Contact EVA suits, but $7 for a character unlock is just too much. And the suit's stats aren't any better than the Best Suit drops on Nukara. So the price isn't justified in my eyes, especially people with multiple characters.

For that $7, the suit needs to have better stats or somekind of unique ability and account-wide unlock. After all this is more expensive than current account-wide costumes or even Tier 1 ships.
  • Options
    jorumgandrjorumgandr Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm not mad at you cryptic, I'm just very disappointed you would do this. I really wanted those EV suits too but unfortunately at 700 per character, I'm sorry that's just not worth it, specially when the DS9 pack is priced at $10 and is a much more superior value.
  • Options
    sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    koppenflak wrote: »
    So, can someone fill me in on the current exchange price for these things? I'm rather curious as to just how extortionate the going rate is.

I'm starting to feel like Cryptic's definition of "feedback" is the same one that musicians are accustomed to: Very quickly block your ears and turn the volume down on the thing making the noise.

...That is only reasonable explanation I can think of why all this 'feedback' is falling on such deaf ears. All we've received is a proverbial "No Comment."

Nahh everytime Cryptic gets negative feedback they pretty much go dark for a few days, hoping it will blow over, and then when it doesn't they offer some explanation.
  • Options
    carmenaracarmenara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Seven HUNDRED? Per character?

Has PWE/Cryptic marketing gone insane?
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
  • Options
    yellnyelln Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    But as much as I was looking forward to these suits, put me down for None. I guess the people rumor mongering 'per char ships/etc' will have more fuel for their discussion.

Shame these suits look good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Now partying like its 1999 on the forums.
  • Options
    corsair114corsair114 Member Posts: 276
    edited July 2012
    700 ZEN / $7 per character for a piece of ground armor that is largely only a subjective aesthetic improvement over the suits we have now.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-No.
  • Options
    meridian113meridian113 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They do not named Season 6 : Wallet under Siege for nothing.
    And for Star Trek spirit,our beloved Gene Roddenberry is turning in his grave about this idioticy.
    Those EVA suits must be standard Fed and KDF equipment not C-store money sucking thing.
    Imagine Enterprise E on dock and Captain Pickard in the store ironing his American Express card to buy things for Away team
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    they Do Not Named Season 6 : Wallet Under Siege For Nothing.
    And For Star Trek Spirit,our Beloved Gene Roddenberry Is Turning In His Grave About This Idioticy.
    Those Eva Suits Must Be Standard Fed And Kdf Equipment Not C-store Money Sucking Thing.
    Imagine Enterprise E On Dock And Captain Pickard In The Store Ironing His American Express Card To Buy Things For Away Team

Oh So True!!!!!!
  • Options
    f9thrykerf9thryker Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    corsair114 wrote: »
    700 ZEN / $7 per character for a piece of ground armor that is largely only a subjective aesthetic improvement over the suits we have now.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-No.

^This.

While they look awesome, the price just makes it fail so hard, and to-a-man (and woman) everyone in my fleet has said the same. :o

No. Just.... no.
  • Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ridiculously overpriced.

Also annoyed that you guys JUST put in the Tholian Lobi set, and this doesn't work with it. So, you either look stupid and get the set powers or look cool and break the set. So stupid.
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Nahh everytime Cryptic gets negative feedback they pretty much go dark for a few days, hoping it will blow over, and then when it doesn't they offer some explanation.
    But that's never happened consistently... sometimes they're silent during good times, and sometimes they react immediately during bad times.

PWE is reacting a lot like that, for sure. Cryptic is under orders to do this kind of thing, and anything they say could ignite the fuel worse. They're walking on glass, essentially.

Thick skin or not, their silence is justified.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    No from me as well 700 zen per toon while I have one I got from the Tholian mission and 2 free ones think I'll just stick to them thanks
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    WEll not to give or PWE Overlords any ideas But if they came out with Duel Pistols that would take out anyone wearing 1 of the over priced EV Outfits I think i would be fighting to get in line to Buy :D
  • Options
    sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    munchee wrote: »
    WEll not to give or PWE Overlords any ideas But if they came out with Duel Pistols that would take out anyone wearing 1 of the over priced EV Outfits I think i would be fighting to get in line to Buy :D
    Unless PWE uses the same exorbitant pricing model for said dual pistols :P
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    koppenflak wrote: »
    So, can someone fill me in on the current exchange price for these things? I'm rather curious as to just how extortionate the going rate is.
    As of 2 hours after patch, price for a suit starts at 35mil and jumps up exponentially.

At this point in time, I can't tell if it has stabilized at 50mil or 5mil. Been about 6 hours since I last checked.
    rayus wrote: »
    I feel obligated to add my "Hell no!" to this thread as well.

This item is grossly overpriced. You will get no money from me on this one for sure. Try again.

And coming from a Ferengi, that's really saying something. :D
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Thank you Cryptic.

Has to be another PWE employee I've heard of these scams make one person buy it and the rest will follow.
    However not all STO players are sheep
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can only speculate that the only way to impress upon PWE which of their models won't work in Cryptic game communities, is to throw the PWE method up. So that it can be seen to fail.

This is one of those moments that I hope does indicate that we may be more representative of the active player base. At least more so than is typically thought. Even if so, it may be a while for us to see that influence.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)