Install Arc
Options

Combat EV Suits Available

Comments

• Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,648 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    robeasom wrote: »
    Has to be another PWE employee I've heard of these scams make one person buy it and the rest will follow.
    However not all STO players are sheep

I don't think so. The player's reasoning is sound for someone with only one character. The question is, though, are single character player's more common than those of us with two or more characters? That will decide if account-wide unlocks are worth the company reconsidering.

(/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    psiameese wrote: »

I don't think so. The player's reasoning is sound for someone with only one character. The question is, though, are single character player's more common than those of us with two or more characters? That will decide if account-wide unlocks are worth the company reconsidering.

I have one fed character and one KDF character and not really in a rush to buy more due to the amount of bugs with each faction but 700 Zen per toon just for a good looking environmental suit is just not worth it.

I think the funny thing is in this forum so far there has only been two people who seem to have bought it.

This is going to sting PWE's bank account lol
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I have my Fed main plus a seldom-used Kling alt, so I suppose I'll count as having one toon for all intents and purposes.
    I think the funny thing is in this forum so far there has only been two people who seem to have bought it.

On that note, it'd be interesting to note what the proportion of forumers are to non-forumers, and what percentage of the latter have been suckered into paying a King's Ransom for this.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Any sign of a dev/voice piece for PWE about this debacle.... :o Nope,thought not.
  • Options
    muncheemunchee Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    tinead51 wrote: »
    Any sign of a dev/voice piece for PWE about this debacle.... :o Nope,thought not.

Now why would they say anything but we have been here before .. SNIFF SNIFF
    is that lets bleed them before we sell Smell!!!
  • Options
    captainmorgan210captainmorgan210 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm also going to join the "no" train here. 700 zen for a character unlock, with generally unimpressive stats and can only be claimed once? Nope. Not worth it. If you're going to price the First Contact EV suit that high, then it needs better stats, it needs to be an account wide unlock, and I need to be able to claim a replacement if I somehow lose it.

People don't like being ripped off like this.
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    for each forum user there are hundreds who don't come here

for every VA there are several lts who never made lt com as well
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    for each forum user there are hundreds who don't come here

for every VA there are several lts who never made lt com as well
    Where did you get your numbers from?
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think he was giving a estimate as loads of people join forums and then never check on them. I now don;t check the Civ V forum I have for another game. And some people who bought the LTS may not have liked the game or hated the idea of FTP before they became a certain rank but I believe Lt Cmdr may be a bit low as you can level up to VA very quickly
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I think he was giving a estimate as loads of people join forums and then never check on them. I now don;t check the Civ V forum I have for another game. And some people who bought the LTS may not have liked the game or hated the idea of FTP before they became a certain rank but I believe Lt Cmdr may be a bit low as you can level up to VA very quickly
    I'd rather have actual statistics with verifiable sources than mere conjecture.
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Environmental Suits you've been waiting for are here! Not only will these suits will keep you safe in the vacuum of space, but they have been upgraded to provide resistance against most damage types. Pick one up from the C-Store today.

Link to the C-Store.

No.

No.

No.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sumghai wrote: »

Yep.. sounds about right! XD
  • Options
    dapperdrakedapperdrake Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I remember. For the season 5 we got free EV. It was not the best EV but it was useful and we could play with it. Now PW is telling us, no matter you're lifetime, gold, silver or f2p, you have to pay items to play. Could I say a word which is starting with the letter "F"?
    Anyway, I will not buy this EV. Tholian can invade the univers. It's own PWE problem.
  • Options
    rononmarononma Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Environmental Suits you've been waiting for are here! Not only will these suits will keep you safe in the vacuum of space, but they have been upgraded to provide resistance against most damage types. Pick one up from the C-Store today.

Link to the C-Store.

Is this a joke?!
    ~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~
  • Options
    matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The only justification I'd accept to make a single-claim item this expensive would be if it included a minimum of 20 free Lobi with every purchase.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    The only justification I'd accept to make a single-claim item this expensive would be if it included a minimum of 20 free Lobi with every purchase.
    Or if it came in a pack of five to outfit your whole away team with.
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2012

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Smithers : Mr.Burns sir, PWE has released the new Combat EV Suit's.

Mr.Burns : How much are they, Smithers?

Smithers : 700 Zen per character.

Mr. Burns : Release the hounds....

>=3

Actually.. I think it's more like this.. because Mr. Burns and Smithers are actually in control of the sales department:

<Smithers is seen running into Mr. Burns' enormous office at the PWE liason office to Cryptic>
    Smithers: Sir! I have great news! The design department just finished the new Combat EV suit designs and we've been informed we need to put a price on them.

Mr Burns: Well don't just stand there winded! Let me see them!

<Smithers places the print outs on Mr. Burns' desk, and he nods as he looks at them both>

Mr. Burns: Oh this is well done.. They did good work this time..

Smithers: I agree completely Sir.

Mr. Burns: Tell them that these will be Character only unlocks. Sellable on the Exchange. And we should reward them for their work.. Make them.. $14 per suit.

Smithers: Uhm, Sir, need I remind you of the last time this happened, only in Champions Online?

Mr Burns: Oh yes. Quite right. Hmm.. Well alright.. what do you suggest Smithers?

Smithers: Well, we could sell them for $7 per suit.. and there are two of them, one for each side of the game. But don't you think we sh-
    <Smithers stops as Mr. Burns hovers his finger over the trap door to eject Smithers out into the Pacific>

Smithers: Er.. right.. Yes.. $7 per suit per character.. Character only unlocks. That would be fine Sir. I'll tell everyone else right away..

Mr. Burns: Excelent..

:D
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sumghai wrote: »
    Or if it came in a pack of five to outfit your whole away team with.

Or account-wide unlock. Make it Unique, like ships? I honestly don't care if it was restricted to one per alt, at the very least it has to justify that price tag.

$7 for a single-character single-unpack? That weapon you're mugging me with had better be made of pure Lobi.
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is a joke and a outrage really, totally disgusting of you Craptic, new low even for you, fvck the players huh, seriously thanks a lot.

NO
  • Options
    diabolicaltroopdiabolicaltroop Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I had a purple EV suit drop in the Tholian missions and I have 5 or6 blue ones that have dropped, now why would I buy one @ 700 Z that is of lower performance for only one toon? I have 2 feds and 2 Klinks which one is my primary so 2800 Z for the four I do not think so not even on a whim.

Give yourselves a bunch of bad negative Zen/Karma for this idea. You will find that most players will not take being robbed kindly and you will kill the game with greed, as for the ones with more money than brains, nowadays they are just not that common unless they are 12 years old and have access to mommie's purse.

Thus my suggestion is give players real value for their money and give access to products that are better than what drops in the game. You will find that people will stick with you and this game will last and only grow better and gain a larger player base in the years to come if the suggestions are unheeded then read the 15 pages of replies that proceed this one a few times......
    KDF Ancient House of Seplch
    Dahar Master "Epitai" Kelrok son of Pok Seplch House Leader Tactical
    General Babd Grace O'Malley House Seplch Science Officer
    Fleet Admiral Quintus Savat House Seplch Tactical Officer
  • Options
    carmenaracarmenara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I had a purple EV suit drop in the Tholian missions and I have 5 or6 blue ones that have dropped, now why would I buy one @ 700 Z that is of lower performance for only one toon? I have 2 feds and 2 Klinks which one is my primary so 2800 Z for the four I do not think so not even on a whim.

Give yourselves a bunch of bad negative Zen/Karma for this idea. You will find that most players will not take being ***** kindly and you will kill the game with greed, as for the ones with more money than brains, nowadays they are just not that common unless they are 12 years old and have access to mommies purse.

Thus my suggestion is give players real value for their money and give access to products that are better than what drops in the game. You will find that people will stick with you and this game will last and only grow better and gain a larger player base in the years to come if the suggestions are unheeded then read the 15 pages of replies that proceed this one a few times......

Great post and this is exactly what's going on in STO now. It will be up to "the management" if they want to grow with a steady income from a supportive community (as it was before F2P) or to destroy their existing playerbase and rely on impulse purchases and high turnover.
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
  • Options
    psonixpsonix Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i prefer the stats on most of the suit drops im getting now as opposed to the shiny shiny they are hawking on the c store
  • Options
    infammableinfammable Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm not wanting to pile on, as I already said my piece. Just wanted to reply to the following:
    I love the Art Team's work.

QFT. You guys are great! Keep up the good work, and maybe even send a whisper or two up the chain that marketing may be squandering the golden oppurtunities you've handed them. ;)
    hfmudd wrote: »
    In the immortal words of Artie Johnson:

"Verrry interestink.... but schtupid."
    Omfg, hfmudd and Laugh-In ftw!!! I love star trek fans. :D
    Because it's the sound that steel shod boots make on the deck plating of a real warship. As opposed [to] the cushy carpeting on the Federation luxury liners.
    Archived post on the origin of the word "Klink"
  • Options
    palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I heard the term used Chinese Ferengi overloards, it sounded pretty fitting, my feedback is that I think the stats are terrible, the per character is unacceptable, anymore than 100 is ridiculous for a per character unlock, the price is outrageous. The art is good, but a transparent face shield would have been nice.

Final answer: no overpriced, not a account unlock, we are getting ced up with being nickeled and dimed to death= boycott

Now you know why the Borg do not assimilate Feregni =Pwe

Thank you, I hope someone down there starts to "get it"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kilemorgankilemorgan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've made a comment or two about a couple of these recent things, but not sure with this.

They do look nice and yes the art people did a good job.
    There were some people who were hoping for the standard Starfleet EVA suits to be put out. So I don't fault them for doing just that.

I just feel that they should not be trying to sell what should be basic kit in the c-store.
    Then again I think if you own the Defiant for example you should get the bridge. Not be charged extra for it. Having the bridge as a purchase for those who do not own the ship, ok as long as it isn't overpriced.

A item you can replicate, that has basic stats. Then they could have made a +1 version or something if they wanted to. I've given up on the idea of stores not selling powered items or such. Gone are the days of selling just unique costumes and such.

I don't think anyone is stupid or such, I just feel this was not the correct way to do it.

So no, I would not buy this 1 character 1 use item.
  • Options
    drasketodrasketo Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I heard the term used Chinese Ferengi overloards, it sounded pretty fitting, my feedback is that I think the stats are terrible, the per character is unacceptable, anymore than 100 is ridiculous for a per character unlock, the price is outrageous. The art is good, but a transparent face shield would have been nice.

Final answer: no overpriced, not a account unlock, we are getting ced up with being nickeled and dimed to death= boycott

Now you know why the Borg do not assimilate Feregni =Pwe

Thank you, I hope someone down there starts to "get it"

I wouldnt hold out on any hope for that happening. Basically ever.

Just remember where they are coming from. "Boss-man" says jump, you ask how high. You dont ask fast enough, you get a love tap with an ak-47 round.

Also, its completely impossible for them to EVER admit they screwed up. The entire system is based around the "Boss-man" always being right. They are like a 5 year old that gets caught in a lie. They just keep lying even more trying to bare-face their way out. They never realise that it will never work and their only chance was to just admit it ages ago and then everything would be done and over with.
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The sad thing is, the only lesson PWE will take away from this is NOT that they put a vanity item at a silly price point, but that they gave away/made available other EV suit options too easily. Lesson learned.

What makes me the saddest is that THIS particular item is such a diversion from their normal pricing scheme. What happen guys?
  • Options
    arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I believe 99% of the posts here is a big NO & it's going to be a NO from me as well They are GREAT looking suits but the price is way too high. PWE you people are going to run the game into the ground get someone with a business degree to teach you all how to price items! Im a lifer & I will not spend not 1 more dollar for anything ever again untill the prices in the c-store come down & that's a fact Jack!!!
    ATTN ALL FELLOW PLAYERS: BOYCOTT THE C-STORE
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png