test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Combat EV Suits Available

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited October 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The Environmental Suits you've been waiting for are here! Not only will these suits will keep you safe in the vacuum of space, but they have been upgraded to provide resistance against most damage types. Pick one up from the C-Store today.

Link to the C-Store.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You've got a lot of feedback to collect today Mr. Branflakes. Have a coffee first. =/
  • Options
    kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't think so, Tim.
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    For 700 Zen Per Character? It's still a "NO" from me. Sorry.
  • Options
    wilsoncutter001wilsoncutter001 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Environmental Suits you've been waiting for are here! Not only will these suits will keep you safe in the vacuum of space, but they have been upgraded to provide resistance against most damage types. Pick one up from the C-Store today.

Link to the C-Store.

Naaaa don't like that.
  • Options
    sabrevt1100sabrevt1100 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Same here. 700 account unlock yes. 700 per toon. No.
    "Bite Me! It's Fun." - Crow T. Robot
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    More than a months stipend for a single character unlock that is inferior to easily available items already in the game... I'll pass on this one I think.
    Yep 700 zen per character is a no in my book sorry
  • Options
    sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    No thanks, it's much more entertaining to laugh at the notion of paying 700zen for this, then it would be to actually buy it.
  • Options
    halcyon3halcyon3 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Another no right here
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Speaking as a guy who said the other day that he'd pay 2000 ZEN for a big bundle of haircuts, I'm gonna go out on a limb with this EV suit and say, "Not at that price. Not for just ONE."
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Still $7 per character? Yeah...

Hey Mr. Flakes, here's some feedback to add to your list: take these suits back to the drawing board.

As I said in the Dev post thread, if these suits had been $7 - $10 account wide you would be getting $14 - $20 from me, right now. As they are you get $0.
  • Options
    tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Let me get this right...

$7 US for a VR, tradeable EV suit that has just slightly better stats than some of what is available for Dil or as a Drop. Per Character, per side?

Heck FIng NOO!!!! I don't care if the Fed is styled after what's seen in ST:First Contact. That is outrageous and asinine!

If the Fed/Kling suits were bundled together and Account wide Unlocked, then yea, I could see the $7 US. Not as is. No Sale from me!

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • Options
    mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Agreed. Not paying that for single toon unlocks.
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They may be available and we may have wanted them, but a large number of us are NOT going to pay the price you're asking for them. Reduce the price and make them account wide and then I'll pick one up and I would be willing to bet lots of others would too. But not at this price, sorry. They are great looking suits though.
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Agreed. Not paying that for single toon unlocks.

I love the suit and I would pay $7 to unlock just about any canon costume on my characters. However, I am not going to pay $7 to equip one of my characters with that. It does not even have a transparent face shield like the ones in the show did.

I have really loved this game ever since I started playing a few months after launch. However, the longer it has been in PWE's hands, the harder it is for me to justify spending any money on it.

Please pass along to anyone who will listen the following. I think I speak for many players when I say.

1) We want account unlocks.
    2) We do not want "power" sold in the c-store.

The per-character unlocks for pets and BOFFs was not that big of a deal, but cosmetic items costing $7 a character? Forgettaboutit!

I love that you are putting canon goodies into the game. I hate how you are doing it.
  • Options
    drasketodrasketo Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    L. O. Freaking L.

You folks are a riot.
  • Options
    eltatuseltatus Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    No, I dont like to be scam.
    Thank you for nathing cryptic.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    PFFFT 700 Zen for a Character unlockable item that you can eaisly get better on the Tholian missions? No thanks.

And LOL @ Prices on the Exchange.
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited July 2012
    I would buy this if and only if buying it meant I could use it in the Foundry on NPC costumes.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Character unlock is of no interest to me. Even at account wide, 700 is pretty steep in my opinion, and I'm sitting on months of my accumulated stipend.

I was interested till I saw the price and 'character unlock only'. Obviously the sales stats will be the primary feedback on this one, but for me personally this is a no go. :(
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Same here. 700 account unlock yes. 700 per toon. No.

700 account unlock NO, not for a simple EV suit.

All the Costume Packs in the game (which gives far more "customization" than a simple EV suit), cost 550 Zen. And they ARE account wide.

At 700 Zen PER CHARACTER, you're just shooting yourselves in the foot. But I suppose at this point, that's really all Cryptic/PW is interested in: Milk STO for as much as they can, until the well runs dry. Then it's off to Neverwinter, to milk some more.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    As a single-character-only unlock.........yeah.

But, credit where credit is due, from a technical and aesthetic standpoint, they are beautiful, especially the Klingon one. My compliments to the designer, they've done some wonderful work.
  • Options
    naffoffpwenaffoffpwe Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm pleased to say that it looks like your customer base is finally standing together, with the message that constantly dreaming up new ways to fleece your player base without providing much needed fixes / content to the game will not be tolerated. I think up to my post, it is a unanimous NO to this latest attempt to part us from our money and that fact brings me hope that maybe PWE will at last listen.

I think this guy says it best :-

Please pass along to anyone who will listen the following. I think I speak for many players when I say.

1) We want account unlocks.
    2) We do not want "power" sold in the c-store.

The per-character unlocks for pets and BOFFs was not that big of a deal, but cosmetic items costing $7 a character? Forgettaboutit!
    The user formerly known as DogsBody.
    Here before PWE (and hopefully) here long after PWE is gone.

What this game needs is PvP, NOT PWE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chaosuk83chaosuk83 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    700? not a chance! Sorry, but the first thought through my head was greed!
  • Options
    webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The way they decided to put the EV suit for 700 Zen you probobly should have done this:

Added it as a chance item in the Reinforcements Doff packs..

Perhaps add in a small amount of Lobi Crystals, like 1 or 2..

People would buy that over 700 Zen.
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    I would buy this if and only if buying it meant I could use it in the Foundry on NPC costumes.

I could see them putting it in the Foundry for NPCs or the players to use...eventually. :)
    2rbz410.jpg
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2012
    Had they been account wide, I would have scooped these up quicker than I could consider the price, but at that price per character, no thanks.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I normally will buy anything, even if I'm not that interested I'll probably pick it up.

but I'm not buying this, which pains me as I really wanted it. The artists did a good job and I feel a little sorry for him that people are turned away by someone elses bad decision.

Maybe I'll get one on the exchange if I manage to scrape together the EC but I'm not impressed with the pricing for a per character item.
  • Options
    hylarrhylarr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I for one would LOVE to have the suit because it looks so much better than the old, beat up looking ones we get to wear now BUT I won't be unless one of three things happens:

1. Upgrade it to the new ultra rare and add a personal shield and weapon and make it into a set, with proper set bonuses.

2. Substantially lower the price. I mean seriously, I have 4 characters that I regularly play and you expect me to hand over 2800 Zen for just an EV suit? Not going to happen...

3. Make it unlock account wide for ALL characters on an account - Fed and KDF both.

It's never a good sign for a game when the powers that be in charge of a game start to become too greedy for their own good. (I'm looking at you PW...)

If this continues this game will be dead in less than a year.
    My main character is T'Les which was also my former forum name and I want it back! Hylarr is one of my alts.
  • Options
    alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    At 7 dollars I would buy these, if they were account unlocks. Even if I had to spend 14 dollars total for both factions (or 12 dollars for a bundle) but $84 dollars to get one on every single character? No. I won't be buying them.
    2qTOAB3.gif