edited July 2012
    eiledon wrote: »
    who is to say the captain is a man.

You just blew my mind.
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    only men have wives

(same sex marriages having been Banned in the 22nd century )
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    teufeldritchteufeldritch Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It was obviously meant as a joke, a funneh, a haha. If you(general 'you' there) are to wound up, to much a square, to much of a tighta**, to much of a holier-than-thou person to see the humor in it then you should just end your life now. Effin ay...lighten up Francis.
  • Options
    nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    with religion finally done away with, why would there be any weddings?
  • Options
    buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Marriage is a social and economic contract, not religious. Besides, i thought it was funny as hell. My zen is on some kind of error, or they really wanted to throw something funny in for fans to rack their minds over. Phlox would chide you for being so close-minded.
    "Humans :-)"
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If you really pay attention to the conversations...

It's between the three Freighter Captains you are guarding on the way to the Check Point.

They carry on quite a conversation, including trading quips, about missing their significant other's.

;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    deyvaddeyvad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Freighter captains like sailors have a woman waiting at every port.

Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man 1961
    ♪♪♫ And in every port
    I own the heart of at least one lovely girl ♪♫
  • Options
    cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited July 2012
    nrobbiec wrote: »
    with religion finally done away with, why would there be any weddings?

You know, I was wondering about this. With religion pushed to the wayside in the Federation, the humans onboard Voyager and Deep Space 9 sure do reference, curse, and take his name in vain quite often.
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Trek is usually quite tame with stuff like this. Almost every species is socially a human with different skin. That and the sorry lack of same-sex relations.
    Funny you should mention this. In one of the KDF Devidian missions, the female Klingon NPC who gives you the prototype rifle talks about her mate... who, according to her dialogue, is another female Klingon. So it would seem the KDF now welcomes not only other races into its ranks, but openly TRIBBLE ones too.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    But that's an Orion. It would be stranger if she wasn't attracted to her own gender. Not like the males have anything going for them...
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stargate525stargate525 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Has it occurred to anyone that the freighters are crewed by MORE THAN ONE PERSON, and that we might be hearing intra-ship communications chatter?
  • Options
    disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You think thats bad.

Theres a very rare Doff mission on the klingon side thats labled.....
    Investigate rumors of klingon intelligence.

I LOL every time.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You think thats bad.

Theres a very rare Doff mission on the klingon side thats labled.....
    Investigate rumors of klingon intelligence.

I LOL every time.

Heretic took that out during F2P testing when people pointed that out. But when he did, everyone wanted it back, because it was so funny. :D
  • Options
    utioutio Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You know that there are thousands of spouses that cheat on their wife/husband, right? And some cultures have different views on monogamy? And some men call the female friends girlfriend?
    Not to mention that you've made a thread, apparently genuinely complaining that a fictional character in a game is cheating on his wife.
  • Options
    disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Heretic took that out during F2P testing when people pointed that out. But when he did, everyone wanted it back, because it was so funny. :D

I remember. Best part is I always seem to fail it......
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2012
    That and the sorry lack of same-sex relations.

Research lead someone or other in on of the Klingon missions refers to her mate (female), but that's all I've found in game.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Has it occurred to anyone that the freighters are crewed by MORE THAN ONE PERSON, and that we might be hearing intra-ship communications chatter?

Yes, that has been mentioned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bludaggerbludagger Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    While it's true that Kirk was a ladies' man, the only lady he ever cheated on was named Enterprise.

Yeah, you kind of lost me in all of this. While I understand you question the morality of the statement from a pixellation programmed to state a specific response, I think the pun that is put in place by its creator is being lost.

Could it of been done a touch better? Yeah.. probably.

in the grand scheme of things that really need fixed in the game, does this rank as super important?
    Not really.

I respect you in finding the statement of the pun questionable to you and your views, thank you so much for standing up in what you believe. While I myself quirked an eyebrow at the statement, I do not think it was malicious in its intent and is simply a misplace sense of attempted humor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Freighter captaiins are terrible comedians, but decent womanizers :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Freighter captaiins are terrible comedians, but decent womanizers :P

One tiny ship.

Probably no decent shower.

No exercise.

Right. They're real good with the ladies. ;)